Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313641 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3900 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:21 PM »

What irritates me?

Experiencing Deja Moo, which is the strange sensation of having dealt with the same bullshell before.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3901 on: December 06, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »

Don't even get me started on deja moo.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3902 on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:30 PM »

I was thinking Deja BooHoo, dealing with people complaining about the same thing over and over and over.  As if just sitting and whining is going to change anything.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3903 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:56 PM »

I was thinking Deja BooHoo, dealing with people complaining about the same thing over and over and over.  As if just sitting and whining is going to change anything.
One of the advantages of being ADHD. Paying attention to social interactions can take an easy backseat to..........well anything.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3904 on: December 06, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

One of the advantages of being ADHD. Paying attention to social interactions can take an easy backseat to..........well anything.
One of the pains of having hyper sensitive hearing, I can be staring at someone trying to hear what they're talking to me about, but I can literally hear people 50 feet away talking, cutting, stirring.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3905 on: December 07, 2016, 02:42:06 AM »

I understand that outages happen, and that they're highly inconvenient wherever you are. But this was like over 200 homes and businesses, all because some dipstick couldn't handle fresh powder.

We had it a month ago because some idiot couldn't handle a dry straight road with a slight downhill slope. Somehow they ploughed though the power pole snapping it in two, drove through a fence and ended up with their car stuck in bushland in a nature reserve. Force knows how, musta been doing some speed straight out of the corner to manage that feat.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3906 on: December 07, 2016, 03:59:29 AM »

My biggest power story goes to maybe 8 years ago. Woke up at 2, on the road by 3. Got to the job site @ 6. Unloaded all my tools up and around scaffolding up 3 flights of stairs, in 30° weather. Took me almost a full hour to get everything ready to work, and 15 minutes later, a worker using a lift takes out the power pole. I get my stuff loaded in my truck, 45 minutes later. Drive to another job. Unload all tools again, generator runs out of gas, no one has the key to access the tank. Yeah!! I'm done. Went home in disgust.

My good story though is I finished 33 hours of work one time, told my wife I was staying in a hotel. Drove home late, got into town around 9:15 and it was pitch black! The half of the town. I get home and 1) my wife is surprised, and 2) my oldest son was 3 months old and she got freaked out cuz the power went out. So, I guess it was a blessing

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3907 on: December 07, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »

The worst power outage I ever lived through was when I lived in southern Indiana. One year, Mother Nature decided to be an uber-bitch and had it go straight from snow to freezing rain back to sub-zero in the course of like 4 hours. The vertical.....let me repeat, VERTICAL surfaces had no less than a 1/4" of ice on them. Trees looked like had been dipped in glass. Ice-melt was all but useless. I felt like 10mph was too kriffing fast to be driving. There had to be at least 8" of ice on the ground. It didn't leave until like April. Thankfully, we only lost power for 3 days. Some of the poor saps across the river in Kentucky were without power for over a month. I didn't get too bent out of shape though. That was an act of God. Could not be foreseen, and definitely couldn't be stopped.

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3908 on: December 07, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »

Yeah, bad storm in my home town a few years back knocked out power to a lot of the area- as in I'm meaning the south west corner of my state (probably something equivalent to multiple counties in the US). My parents were lucky, power came back on about 5 days later. A lot of more isolated properties were out for weeks. One of those storms where trees were knocked over everywhere. Apparently after the storm passed all you heard was the sound of chainsaws filling the air as all the locals worked to clear the roads, then went out to help clear more roads.

Thankfully that was during warm weather, and we don't get snow to have that kind of cold to worry about during a power out.

Biggest power outage I've seen in Perth was a huge storm that hit a few years ago. Did a lot of damage. Power went down everywhere, we went out to get dinner since we didn't have power to cook and had to drive halfway across what is a large sprawling city to find suburbs with power Tongue Again we were lucky, we got power the next day or so and we only had a bit of flooding in the house and no damage to our car unlike many people. We've been pretty fortunate. These days our camper is that well set up with solar panels and 12V system that if we lost power it wouldn't matter, we could get by fairly comfortably (we have hooked it up before during a power out lol) plus we have a camp fridge if it was necessary, not to mention that we have gas hot water and cooking in this house.

It's a very strange thing driving through a usually busy city suburb at night where there are no shop lights, no street lights or light signs when usually it is brightly lit, complete darkness but for the headlights of cars. Very eerie.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3909 on: December 07, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »

Yeah, bad storm in my home town a few years back knocked out power to a lot of the area- as in I'm meaning the south west corner of my state (probably something equivalent to multiple counties in the US). My parents were lucky, power came back on about 5 days later. A lot of more isolated properties were out for weeks. One of those storms where trees were knocked over everywhere. Apparently after the storm passed all you heard was the sound of chainsaws filling the air as all the locals worked to clear the roads, then went out to help clear more roads.

Thankfully that was during warm weather, and we don't get snow to have that kind of cold to worry about during a power out.

Biggest power outage I've seen in Perth was a huge storm that hit a few years ago. Did a lot of damage. Power went down everywhere, we went out to get dinner since we didn't have power to cook and had to drive halfway across what is a large sprawling city to find suburbs with power Tongue Again we were lucky, we got power the next day or so and we only had a bit of flooding in the house and no damage to our car unlike many people. We've been pretty fortunate. These days our camper is that well set up with solar panels and 12V system that if we lost power it wouldn't matter, we could get by fairly comfortably (we have hooked it up before during a power out lol) plus we have a camp fridge if it was necessary, not to mention that we have gas hot water and cooking in this house.

It's a very strange thing driving through a usually busy city suburb at night where there are no shop lights, no street lights or light signs when usually it is brightly lit, complete darkness but for the headlights of cars. Very eerie.
Damn. Are you like out in the styx?

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3910 on: December 09, 2016, 03:49:12 AM »

Damn. Are you like out in the styx?

My parents live in the sticks. I live in our states capital city.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3911 on: December 09, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »

My parents live in the sticks. I live in our states capital city.
That's right. Ricciardo-town.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #3912 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:27 AM »

I LIKE BIG BUTTS & I CANNOT  LIE...!!!!

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #3913 on: December 10, 2016, 12:44:15 AM »

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3914 on: December 10, 2016, 12:45:39 AM »

I'm not sure that's a vent. I'd say it's more of a celebration, and rightfully so.

Wink

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: