Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313713 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3960 on: December 14, 2016, 03:35:36 AM »

I moved to Florida for work purposes. Even though it's further south than Houston, the summers are cooler and the winters are milder.

Yes, you heard me. The summer here is a joke compared to Houston. Those of you complaining about the summer in Florida would die in Houston.

I'm originally from Mississippi...I know heat and have dealt with much worse than Florida.  BUT,  I am built for cold weather (basically a short Wookiee) and in MS I know there at least will be an eventual cool  weather season....  not so here in the South's trash can that is Florida.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3961 on: December 14, 2016, 03:49:33 AM »

To the loopers.....STFU. Snow sucks! Winter sucks! End of story. That's why we put so many holidays in the winter. So we all don't get so horribly depressed that we off ourselves. Angry

In other vents....

The LEGO enthusiasts should be able to sympathize.

So I ordered a LEGO Mincraft micro-world set off of Amazon last week.

It arrived yesterday. I'm very excited. I thought it was a little strange that the box didn't have the piece count printed, but I paid no mind, I have new LEGOs. So I open it and prepare to build when 2) I notice that the bags are kind of difficult to open, no biggie. Then I notice that 3) the brick don't have the usual "shine" I associate with LEGOs. Then it all starts to come together, or rather fall apart. I notice that 4) there is flash on some of the bricks (flash is a term to denote excess plastic on a part), which LEGO never lets out. I then look at the studs, 5) all of which have "LEGO" molded on them, but it's poor quality. 6) The hand items were painted instead of being molded in color. 7) Looking at the instructions, I noticed that the image was grainy. That's when I truly knew that they were copies. Pretty good copies, but copies. The set was completely counterfeit. I did not drop $50 for a counterfeit. Thankfully, Amazon has agreed to reimburse me so I can re-order from a more reputable seller.

I ordered a Nativity set from an Amazon seller named MILLIONDOLLARDEALZ. It came relatively fast. The box had the price of $12.94. I paid $17! That was just the start.
Upon opening, pieces were broken, hot glue errors and spills were everywhere. Certain features were half arsed and crooked. I sed, NOPE, and put it back in the box. But that's not it.
I noticed that the shipping box had a shipping label from Walmart. How the F is a seller selling Walmart products, using Walmart shipping service, and selling the products for a higher price?
Shoot, I got Amazon on the phone right away. Got my money back and they started a whatever with them to get them off their site. Also working with Walmart to get rid of these joker's.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3962 on: December 14, 2016, 07:16:01 PM »

Only  Milk Drinkers hate the Winter... put down your sewing kit and get some Hair on your chest.  Tongue  Hunting takes place in the winter and the temperature is finally such that it can be called comfortable.  I long for a winter...been stuck in Florida too long.  The least little breeze blows and everyone here piles clothes on.
Blah, blah, kriffing blah. BTW, 8oz every morning; real men know how to sew; and winter totally blows. I was done with it back in August.

Math mostly. And I'm not even in college level courses yet.
What specific course? Math is my bag.

Shoot, I got Amazon on the phone right away. Got my money back and they started a whatever with them to get them off their site. Also working with Walmart to get rid of these joker's.
Same. I foresee these clowns going down. Why do people have to suck?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3963 on: December 15, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »

RIP Alan Thicke.

Ugh!!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3964 on: December 15, 2016, 02:15:14 AM »

You're not serious...

Edit:  Oh wow.  A dark day...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3965 on: December 15, 2016, 02:37:34 AM »

You're not serious...

Edit:  Oh wow.  A dark day...

I know. And the circumstances, too. So sad.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3966 on: December 15, 2016, 02:57:28 AM »

I know. And the circumstances, too. So sad.
My uncle had a heart attack while playing hockey.  Didn't die though. Sad

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3967 on: December 15, 2016, 03:48:28 AM »

My uncle had a heart attack while playing hockey.  Didn't die though. Sad

A report I read quotes a witness saying that he joked with his son to take a picture of him on the stretcher. If that's true, what a cruel change of condition.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3968 on: December 15, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »

After still not feeling well (better, im not as sick and can at least get through a day at work and can eat more foods), went to a new doctor who was like 3 weeks of this? We need to sort this out. Im getting a lovely large array of blood tests done, being referred to a dietitian to find out if it's something I've developed an intolerance to that's making me sick, and I'm back to see her Monday for results.

Most importantly I've been told to eat normally again to see how things go. Huzzah for food!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3969 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:16 PM »

After still not feeling well (better, im not as sick and can at least get through a day at work and can eat more foods), went to a new doctor who was like 3 weeks of this? We need to sort this out. Im getting a lovely large array of blood tests done, being referred to a dietitian to find out if it's something I've developed an intolerance to that's making me sick, and I'm back to see her Monday for results.

Most importantly I've been told to eat normally again to see how things go. Huzzah for food!
Also feel better that you got to take bladed sabers to the movies. Meanwhile I get no masks, no blades, and a 70% chance of epic shellty weather when I go. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3970 on: December 15, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »

Glad to hear you're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and found a doctor that is taking things more seriously. There are some very cool doctors in the world like that, who look at a situation objectively and say, "no, that's not right, let's get you better now!", and there are others who seem too busy to notice. Glad you found yourself one of the former, and that they can maybe finally figure this thing out. Yay for food!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3971 on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:17 AM »

Today was a bad day.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3972 on: December 16, 2016, 07:17:50 AM »

Today was a bad day.

Well, cheer up. You get to watch R1 soon. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3973 on: December 16, 2016, 08:13:10 AM »

Also feel better that you got to take bladed sabers to the movies. Meanwhile I get no masks, no blades, and a 70% chance of epic shellty weather when I go. Angry

Our cinemas thankfully are usually good.

Plus we were there for the cinema, had to sign Disney media release statements and stuff. So we also had change rooms/ storage and got stupidly cheap tickets and reserved seating.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3974 on: December 16, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »

Our cinemas thankfully are usually good.

Plus we were there for the cinema, had to sign Disney media release statements and stuff. So we also had change rooms/ storage and got stupidly cheap tickets and reserved seating.
Nice.  Cool

+1

Feeling any better at all B1onde?

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: