Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306829 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5115 on: August 26, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »

Probably preferably cold. 😁

Oh yesss ... It was an IPA from a brewery in Brooklyn Wink

Sablaise, I'm afraid I cannot suggest anything beyond whatever beer is your favorite as I don't drink alcohol.

There are alcohol free beer Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5116 on: August 26, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »

Wont be able to buy anything new until October or November possibly December x.x More important thing is we'll be in a place by then hopefully x.x That's why though. Still kinda bums me out though for I had me a couple sabers speced out already but oh well. I'm getting me some big sabers though for sure ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5117 on: August 27, 2017, 01:40:18 AM »

I've tried it three times with two different kids.  That's over 3 years of counciling and thousands of dollars. Yes I think it's crap, sorry if that upsets you. Maybe I just got stuck with bad counclers.  I can understand for you and some of the problems you've had counciling has probably been a benefit. From what I can tell it doesn't work so well for kids.

Not that you got stuck with BAD counselors, they were just bad for your kids. Not all counselors mesh well with all clients, doesn't make them bad. (There are some bad ones out there though.) Also, perhaps counseling isn't right for your kids at this moment. Maybe in the future it will be.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #5118 on: August 27, 2017, 02:07:40 AM »

Not that you got stuck with BAD counselors, they were just bad for your kids. Not all counselors mesh well with all clients, doesn't make them bad. (There are some bad ones out there though.) Also, perhaps counseling isn't right for your kids at this moment. Maybe in the future it will be.
So what does a counselor actually do? They can't give you advice. Is it just an hour session of playing 20 questions, so you can help yourself find an answer for whatever it is, or isn't, you're doing?

Like I said before, I'm glad it works for some people, but I would not pay someone to ask me questions.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5119 on: August 27, 2017, 02:10:23 AM »

Sux when some stores star selling The Last Jedi toys before September 1 Force Friday .... like now one week ahead.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5120 on: August 27, 2017, 02:15:23 AM »

Sux when some stores star selling The Last Jedi toys before September 1 Force Friday .... like now one week ahead.

Eh, Force Friday isn't really worth it IMO...they save the good stuff until after the film is released

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #5121 on: August 27, 2017, 03:03:57 AM »

Eh, Force Friday isn't really worth it IMO...they save the good stuff until after the film is released

I know they don't launch all products on FF but it marks the start and several items are supposed to, but some stores have started to sell them.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5122 on: August 27, 2017, 05:49:55 AM »

So what does a counselor actually do? They can't give you advice. Is it just an hour session of playing 20 questions, so you can help yourself find an answer for whatever it is, or isn't, you're doing?

Like I said before, I'm glad it works for some people, but I would not pay someone to ask me questions.

You've obviously never been to counselling before, there typically is advising involved. Even if not directly a solution, advice that may help YOU find a solution. Mine has given me techniques to help clear my mind when I'm stuck on a problem, calm me down during a panic attack, and just dig deeper through my messy head space. She also has a way of getting things out of me that I normally am too uncomfortable to talk about. Typically just asking questions with no clear goal or direction in mind is a sign of a poor therapist.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #5123 on: August 27, 2017, 06:24:18 AM »

You've obviously never been to counselling before, there typically is advising involved. Even if not directly a solution, advice that may help YOU find a solution. Mine has given me techniques to help clear my mind when I'm stuck on a problem, calm me down during a panic attack, and just dig deeper through my messy head space. She also has a way of getting things out of me that I normally am too uncomfortable to talk about. Typically just asking questions with no clear goal or direction in mind is a sign of a poor therapist.
Actually, I have been to counseling, and will never do it again. However, if a councilor gives advice, you take it, and it backfires, they're liable. Either way, it's always nice to hear someone overcome a problem with help. Like the newer generation of adults, if you can't do it yourself, then someone else will do it for you. I'm still a firm believer of "You can only help yourself." But onto other venting subjects...

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5124 on: August 27, 2017, 07:09:58 AM »

My vent is people who are convinced that only they are right on a given subject, despite the subject being opinion based. If you express your opinion as an opinion, that's one thing. If you express your opinion as a fact that only you are right about, that's what I have an issue with. Sith forbid someone have different experiences than you, that may lead them to have a different point of view. Obviously your life is the only thing that matters in forming the way the world is for everyone, and anyone else that doesn't think as you do is not only wrong, but must be publicly derided for having different experiences and views from you.

Vent done, mostly because anything else I have to say violates 2 or more forum rules.

Random fact of the day: There are no laws that specifically prohibit torture. Acts of violence and physical and mental abuse are covered under their own separate laws prohibiting each act, as well as some articles of the bill of rights. But there is no law that specifically states "torture is illegal."

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5125 on: August 28, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

I've tried it three times with two different kids.  That's over 3 years of counciling and thousands of dollars. Yes I think it's crap, sorry if that upsets you. Maybe I just got stuck with bad counclers.  I can understand for you and some of the problems you've had counciling has probably been a benefit. From what I can tell it doesn't work so well for kids.

I'm leaning toward crap therapist. Plus, kids are, to quote Cmdr. Data "in a constant state of flux." I think that it is difficult even for so-called professionals to adequately reach kids because too many times adults forget what it's like being a child. Certain things may seem small and trivial to adults, but when that's all the experience you have it means the world to a child.

Sometimes it simply boils down to being able to observe the patient. I had sessions like that in grade school. My teacher was pretty much fresh outta college with not a lot of experience, and was of the mindset that I was a "behavior problem". So I went to counseling sessions, where unbeknownst to me, I was being recorded. What they discovered was that I wasn't a behavior problem.....I was bored. At that level of education, I learned faster than the other students, and hungered for more, but it wasn't coming at the rate I needed, so I would read ahead and end up lost when the teacher called on me.

In the long run, counseling is about helping people find the solutions to their problems instead of fixing it for them. It's kind of along the same lines as college; you don't learn anything in college except how to learn more effectively. I'm sure everyone already knows the adage about giving a fish instead of teaching to fish?

Actually, I have been to counseling, and will never do it again. However, if a councilor gives advice, you take it, and it backfires, they're liable. Either way, it's always nice to hear someone overcome a problem with help. Like the newer generation of adults, if you can't do it yourself, then someone else will do it for you. I'm still a firm believer of "You can only help yourself." But onto other venting subjects...

Just made me think of this:

I think one of the other big things that many people underestimate or just plain forget is that human beings are social animals. That doesn't necessarily mean doing everything for someone, but it does mean that we were never meant to take on life all by our onesie. Sometimes we need help. And some of those times it is just as important to accept help as it is to offer it.

My vent is people who are convinced that only they are right on a given subject, despite the subject being opinion based. If you express your opinion as an opinion, that's one thing. If you express your opinion as a fact that only you are right about, that's what I have an issue with. Sith forbid someone have different experiences than you, that may lead them to have a different point of view. Obviously your life is the only thing that matters in forming the way the world is for everyone, and anyone else that doesn't think as you do is not only wrong, but must be publicly derided for having different experiences and views from you.

Ironically, if people weren't convinced that certain opinions were "fact", then they wouldn't have them. However, I do agree with you. It is well documented that I despise TFA. But even though I wholeheartedly feel the movie was crap, I have never once told someone they were wrong or stupid or any other negative adjective because they disagree with me.

Random fact of the day: There are no laws that specifically prohibit torture. Acts of violence and physical and mental abuse are covered under their own separate laws prohibiting each act, as well as some articles of the bill of rights. But there is no law that specifically states "torture is illegal."

That's because they'd have to arrest people for acts of mind numbing stupidity. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #5126 on: August 29, 2017, 03:11:06 AM »

I think one of the other big things that many people underestimate or just plain forget is that human beings are social animals. That doesn't necessarily mean doing everything for someone, but it does mean that we were never meant to take on life all by our onesie. Sometimes we need help. And some of those times it is just as important to accept help as it is to offer it.
Ironically, if people weren't convinced that certain opinions were "fact", then they wouldn't have them. However, I do agree with you. It is well documented that I despise TFA. But even though I wholeheartedly feel the movie was crap, I have never once told someone they were wrong or stupid or any other negative adjective because they disagree with me.
That's because they'd have to arrest people for acts of mind numbing stupidity. Roll Eyes
I can agree on this.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5127 on: August 30, 2017, 12:40:20 AM »

I don't wish harm on anyone. But I don't like seeing people do stupid things and get lucky. Stupid won't notice the 5 times stupid goes wrong. Stupid will always remember the one time stupid worked. Stupid is very confident in stupidity.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5128 on: August 30, 2017, 02:37:35 AM »

Was worried about my little cat cause she went missing right before Hurrican Harvey hit us.  The rain stopped finally today after 5 days and the sun came out and the temperature was so nice my wife and I went for a walk to look for her.  She actually found us on our way back home, we were so happy and relieved.  Came to the house got love from all of us, ate a little food, and promptly left and has not come back.  Roll Eyes I think this is going to be a common thing for her now.  They grow up so fast.   Cry

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #5129 on: August 30, 2017, 04:07:07 AM »

I hate Hurricanes, it causes uncertainty in the saber industry because one of my hilts is going from California to Arkansas for an install. I think that should be OK because Texas is further south.

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: