Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306910 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5535 on: November 03, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »

I wouldn't doubt it, but it's a long running joke at a radio station I listen to.. any odd, pun like name and they say "great band btw, just saw them last night." Kinda a brew hahaha about all the indie bands trying desperately to make it on the scene..

Anyways, I'll shut up now

What radio station, by chance?

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5536 on: November 03, 2017, 11:47:31 PM »

What radio station, by chance?

KROQ, in Los Angeles

No points, just fist bumps baby!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5537 on: November 05, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »

KROQ, in Los Angeles

Oh. I was wondering because of the radio talk shows I listen to, does a very similar thing. Turns out it must be a fad.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5538 on: November 05, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »

My coworker decided he wanted to get healthy, so we sat down and figured out the best eating plan for him.  It took some trial and error, but he's really happy with his results and how he feels and I am SUPER happy for him!  However, some of my other coworkers seem to think it's "funny" to try and tempt him with all the foods he no longer eats.  They put processed crap on his desk, purposefully come in eating something they know he loves and make a show of eating it in front of him, and constantly tease him about every little facet of his diet.  They also think he can't possibly do this and keep telling him how they can't wait to see him fail and go back to eating "just like everyone else."

WTF, I'm going to strangle them.  He's already seeing massive improvements in not only his weight, but his mental and physical health, too.  Who the hell do they think they are, anyway?  They don't screw with me and the way I eat because they know better than to try that crap with me, so why are they doing it to him?  When I call them out on it, they get all butthurt and say they are "just teasing."  No, they're not "just teasing."  They're making it hard for my buddy to do his thing and I'm sick of it. 

I've asked them nicely to knock it off, but I'm about to get ugly. 

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5539 on: November 05, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

People suck Noctis. Channel the Dark Side and put them in their place.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5540 on: November 05, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »

Bring your most intimidating saber to work and keep it on your desk, when they start being bell-ends just activated it while maintaining angry eye contact. If that doesn't work just beat them with it until they stop contact HR. It is harassment.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5541 on: November 05, 2017, 03:34:14 PM »

Bring your most intimidating saber to work and keep it on your desk, when they start being bell-ends just activated it while maintaining angry eye contact. If that doesn't work just beat them with it until they stop contact HR. It is harassment.

Oh Frizzen, We will make a Sith of you yet. Point.

I concur, take in an intimidating saber and beat them with it.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #5542 on: November 05, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »

I already embarrassed one guy by challenging him to run with me and my coworker.  He was REALLY cocky about it and accepted.  He's half our age and we can BOTH outrun him.  Who's laughing now, kid?

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5543 on: November 05, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »

Oh Frizzen, We will make a Sith of you yet. Point.

I concur, take in an intimidating saber and beat them with it.

In practice I am not really good at sticking to one side or the other, but at work I get forced into being the "You effed up, now you are going to fix/pay for it or I will take a pound of flesh as restitution and fire you." assistant manager. So far I have been asked to fire three people in the six months I have been an assistant manager (Basically I just deliver the bad news), and I usually get to handle the children employees who can't get along.

I already embarrassed one guy by challenging him to run with me and my coworker.  He was REALLY cocky about it and accepted.  He's half our age and we can BOTH outrun him.  Who's laughing now, kid?

I run like an Soviet era Eastern European car, barely on a good day, and for more than a mile only if you are lucky.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5544 on: November 05, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »

My coworker decided he wanted to get healthy, so we sat down and figured out the best eating plan for him.  It took some trial and error, but he's really happy with his results and how he feels and I am SUPER happy for him!  However, some of my other coworkers seem to think it's "funny" to try and tempt him with all the foods he no longer eats.  They put processed crap on his desk, purposefully come in eating something they know he loves and make a show of eating it in front of him, and constantly tease him about every little facet of his diet.  They also think he can't possibly do this and keep telling him how they can't wait to see him fail and go back to eating "just like everyone else."

WTF, I'm going to strangle them.  He's already seeing massive improvements in not only his weight, but his mental and physical health, too.  Who the hell do they think they are, anyway?  They don't screw with me and the way I eat because they know better than to try that crap with me, so why are they doing it to him?  When I call them out on it, they get all butthurt and say they are "just teasing."  No, they're not "just teasing."  They're making it hard for my buddy to do his thing and I'm sick of it. 

I've asked them nicely to knock it off, but I'm about to get ugly. 

You apparently work with some very ugly people.  Why would you put someone down who is trying to better themselves?  It's like the times I've seen people at gyms snickering at overweight people working out.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #5545 on: November 05, 2017, 06:17:04 PM »

You apparently work with some very ugly people.  Why would you put someone down who is trying to better themselves?  It's like the times I've seen people at gyms snickering at overweight people working out.

It's only a few of them that do this and to be honest, I was pretty shocked by the way they acted.  They genuinely think they're "just teasing," but it's not freakin' funny to me and I'm about to get seriously ugly with them if they don't stop it.  Two of them tried to make fun of me at one point because of how I eat as well, but it didn't end well for them.  I'm not nice when it comes to this brand of "teasing."  They learned pretty damn quick that I don't tolerate bullying under the guise of "teasing."

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5546 on: November 05, 2017, 09:33:17 PM »

Put a box in the office for the local food bank, anything they leave that isn't perishable put it in the box. At the end of the month donate it. Maybe they will keep bringing stuff (although I doubt it). But if nothing else it will take the wind out if their sails.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #5547 on: November 05, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »

Put a box in the office for the local food bank, anything they leave that isn't perishable put it in the box. At the end of the month donate it. Maybe they will keep bringing stuff (although I doubt it). But if nothing else it will take the wind out if their sails.

You know what I think it is?  The two that are teasing him are the largest and most unhealthy.  Most of us eat healthy and take care of ourselves. I think they're doing some kind of weird rebellion.  These two loudly and proudly proclaim how "great" their lifestyle is.  I mean, you do you, guys.  But please, don't kid yourself.  McDonald's twice a day is not healthy.

Also, I work for a very small business, so we're very much like family (It's about 16 people), but these two are ACTUAL family, so I think they believe that gives them license to say things one wouldn't normally say in a work place.  I think once see that my coworker is going to keep trying despite their nonsense, they will give up and move on to something else.  They don't bring anything to work that isn't perishable, so as much as I like your idea, it won't work for this case. 

BUT.  I might ask my boss if we can set up a box for that, anyway.  I'll tell them their bullying gave me the idea.   Cheesy

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5548 on: November 06, 2017, 12:49:46 AM »

Well, looks like my prediction about being single for the rest of my life is turning out to be true, much to my chagrin.

Y'know that gut-punched feeling you get when you start to like and care about a woman, and they reveal that they are in a relationship that isn't really a relationship that they know to be toxic, but they won't end it because the chemistry is intense AND despite knowing that it would be best for everyone involved?

Yeah...

I'm just... I'm just done.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5549 on: November 06, 2017, 01:55:45 AM »

Well, looks like my prediction about being single for the rest of my life is turning out to be true, much to my chagrin.

Y'know that gut-punched feeling you get when you start to like and care about a woman, and they reveal that they are in a relationship that isn't really a relationship that they know to be toxic, but they won't end it because the chemistry is intense AND despite knowing that it would be best for everyone involved?

Yeah...

I'm just... I'm just done.

Sorry to hear that Jev, it sucks to be in that situation. Try to be there for her as best you can.

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: