Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1312983 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5640 on: November 13, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »

And another point from me to stop your (forced) pull to the light side!
Gracias. If only a number could pull me to the light. I actually did have a noob try to "save me" from the dark side, once. I explained that's not how it works.

Aaaaaaaaaand......it's already gone. I'm beginning to think this asshole just waits to see if my post count goes up, then instantly docks me points regardless of what I say.

Sadly, not an option.
That doth verily sucketh.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5641 on: November 13, 2017, 08:25:58 PM »

If you are selling something and you quote a price to someone over the phone twice. Don't decide to effing raise the price exponentially when they arrive. And then when they tell you that you are no longer interested because of the price change you shouldn't be a jerk about it.

I went to pick up an antique instrument, the ad said that they wanted $100, I thought that was low so I called to check, they said they really wanted $250. Which is much more likely, and I told them that I was interested and that I wanted to meet them and play it a little which they enthusiastically agreed to. So I drove for an hour to meet them in a parking lot near them. I was excited because it was in great shape and it played really well, so I count out the $250 and they tell me they want $1500. When I told them I was not interested in it at the price they started shouting that I was trying to cheat them and that I was a scammer, lucky for me though there was an older couple nearby who told them that they were going to call the police if they didn't calm down, which made them quiet down and get into their car awful quick. Maybe I dodged a bullet, I don't know, I was just looking forward to having a nice Mount Vernon Bach Strad.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5642 on: November 13, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »

Might it have to do with how you phrase your critique?

You mean like how you keep giving a team of people a mission to take your points?  Wink

Hmmm... maybe... 🤔🤔🤔

-1 to boost btw

We still shouldn't be THAT restricted though. Not when we've been asked to input all ideas and suggestions by the company who makes the board, not the company that just sells it.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5643 on: November 13, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »

And the next one towards the Dark Side Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5644 on: November 13, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »

You mean like how you keep giving a team of people a mission to take your points?  Wink

Hmmm... maybe... 🤔🤔🤔

-1 to boost btw

We still shouldn't be THAT restricted though. Not when we've been asked to input all ideas and suggestions by the company who makes the board, not the company that just sells it.

I could always be a bigger asshole, but that might get in the way of actually getting people to listen.

But I agree, negative feedback is important for product development. There's just a big difference between constructive criticism and trolling something you didn't like.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5645 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:34 PM »

I wouldn't say Isola's criticism is anywhere near close enough to trolling to try and say that.  He's just got a way with words.  Might not be everyone's cup of tea.  I look for his opinions though, he's not usually too far off the mark.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5646 on: November 14, 2017, 12:19:48 AM »

I wouldn't say Isola's criticism is anywhere near close enough to trolling to try and say that.  He's just got a way with words.  Might not be everyone's cup of tea.  I look for his opinions though, he's not usually too far off the mark.

And I'm not here to mollycoddle the easily butt-hurt millennials, so I'll continue to use my way with words Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5647 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:35 AM »

The censorship thing is why I don't participate in the discussion of actual products, haven't for a while now. I stick to off topic banter, costuming, and general SW discussion.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5648 on: November 14, 2017, 03:52:17 AM »

And I'm not here to mollycoddle the easily butt-hurt millennials, so I'll continue to use my way with words Wink

HAHAHA Point +1

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5649 on: November 14, 2017, 05:36:43 AM »

Opinions are like butts, you should not get hurt over them.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5650 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:19 AM »

Opinions are like butts, you should not get hurt over them.

You should like them  Cheesy Wink

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5651 on: November 14, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »

Wrong thread

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5652 on: November 14, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »

Okay Jev.  Without going into details you and I in some ways are travelling in the same boat.  What I can say from a woman's perspective is this.  Do not underestimate the power of friendship, loyalty and those bonds that are continuing to develop.  They count on a deeper level far more than one even consciously realizes.  

My advice is to pull back at times and not be so available that she is then taking you for granted.  Let her experience what it would be like to not have you around.  Step up to the plate and show her that you are also a desirable man and when appropriate give her those slightly more that just a friend hugs.  Flirt a bit and even humorously give her heck for again talking about the not-a-relationship guy.  Perhaps do fun activities and less talking.  A no foundation fantasy will eventually crumble when attention is directed elsewhere to something and someone that is real and present.  For example when I meet someone that for whatever reasons I find attractive... in that moment I'm not thinking about that other person but the potential for this one.  And often that man is quite different than the I'm stuck on you one.

Slowly but clearly indicate to her that there is the potential for an evolution in your friendship... but you also need to believe in your self value first.  It's not the universe but your own disempowering thoughts and beliefs that are stopping you.  If nothing else it will be good practice for you to help you feel more at ease around other women... who also are likely have to some degree of self worth and other issues.  There are more than a few " you are the one for me " out there.  But no one is ultimately romantically attracted to a reliable doormat or comfortable worn sweater if they think that is all that person has to offer in the present and future.  

tough love & hugs  Wink

EDIT:  Jeez... Jev has moved his post to dating/romance ?! so I will try to do the same so that this reply makes some sense lol.  Grin

EDIT 2:  I've been off this forum for so long that I've forgotten how to do this lol.  Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5653 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »

Naw, I don't know anything about that. Roll Eyes

Also, I hadn't had the chance to read said controversial critique. Just thought I'd offer what little I could. Experience has taught me that sometimes it's not what you say it's how you say it.

Opinions are like butts....
Everybody has one, and no one really cares to hear it?

Wrong thread
I assume this was shifted to another thread?

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5654 on: November 14, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »

EDIT 2:  I've been off this forum for so long that I've forgotten how to do this lol.  Roll Eyes

Copy & Paste is how I did it...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: