Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306970 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5985 on: January 11, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »

Well get the girl first.

Not like this.

I take my job VERY seriously and personally. Right now I'm bitter and angry because of the crap I have to deal with at work, and that's not the attitude to project when trying to "get the girl."

Let me clue you in on how badly I am stressing about work.

I left work and picked up a bottle of Forty Creek Whiskey.

I hardly ever drink. Even lighter fare like cider is done in strict moderation.

Yet here I am drinking after work BECAUSE of work.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5986 on: January 11, 2018, 10:13:09 PM »

Not like this.

I take my job VERY seriously and personally. Right now I'm bitter and angry because of the crap I have to deal with at work, and that's not the attitude to project when trying to "get the girl."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o</a>

rinse and repeat as necessary

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5987 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:11 PM »

rinse and repeat as necessary
Breathe In
Calm
Exhale
EXTERMINATE

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5988 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »

Breathe In
Calm
Exhale
EXTERMINATE

Yyyyyyyyeah... probably not the best advice for someone in my current state of mind.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #5989 on: January 11, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »

Today I had to deal with a person who thought that since service dogs are allowed in the store her dog should be as well, and then she screamed about how we were discriminating against "abled people" until she was informed that she could leave or she could be dragged out of the store by the police and her dog handed over to animal control. What is wrong with people?

Jev: find a hispanic female who is also being hurt by her mismanagement and talk her into making the complaint. . . or better yet, quietly stage a coup. get all of her subordinates to file complaints against her in a fifteen minute window.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5990 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »

Jev: find a hispanic female who is also being hurt by her mismanagement and talk her into making the complaint. . . or better yet, quietly stage a coup. get all of her subordinates to file complaints against her in a fifteen minute window.
Brilliant idea Frizzen

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5991 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25:33 PM »

Yyyyyyyyeah... probably not the best advice for someone in my current state of mind.
My mentality is, do whatever you want or feel is necessary. Just take responsibility for it.

My best advice is to keep eyes on the prize. Breathe. Seriously breathe. Deep calming breaths. More oxygen to the brain, helps you think around the problem.

It sounds good in theory, but I got the impression that "diversity hire" meant that his company is predominantly Caucasian.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5992 on: January 12, 2018, 04:27:33 AM »

So my boss texted me telling me not to come in tomorrow, because payroll needs to be cut. I've already been off the past 4 days, so now I have less than 20 hours this week. So frustrating. I'm glad the jerks at the top can afford to take care of themselves and frell over all us little people. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to make my tuition payment this month, and I'm selling my truck to pay for the rest(my parents gave me one of their old cars so I don't need it.) I'm also parting with a few other things I don't need, mostly to save space but also the extra money will be nice. Still not happy I have to do things like that just to survive while a fat cat up top is sitting going "I NEED MORE!!!!" Frell you too!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #5993 on: January 12, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »

My company went through a major redesign just over 4 years ago, and they offered to move me to a new location for a new position. So I went north and gave up my stable job.

I went to this new position in a higher cost city and helped create the best performing unit in the company, and it was not close we were twice as efficient as any other unit. Well now the cost are too great, (and I see this in part, we pay 1.2 million a year in parking, but a smart company would have spent 3 to 5 million to buy the parking lots and we could have been selling the excess space but I digress. Except for the fact that these cost were known and they have not changed over the years.)

Long story short 99% chance after helping create the best unit in the company, I値l have to say good bye and go back to my old job. The 1% chance is I知 unemployed.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #5994 on: January 13, 2018, 01:36:35 AM »

My company went through a major redesign just over 4 years ago, and they offered to move me to a new location for a new position. So I went north and gave up my stable job.

I went to this new position in a higher cost city and helped create the best performing unit in the company, and it was not close we were twice as efficient as any other unit. Well now the cost are too great, (and I see this in part, we pay 1.2 million a year in parking, but a smart company would have spent 3 to 5 million to buy the parking lots and we could have been selling the excess space but I digress. Except for the fact that these cost were known and they have not changed over the years.)

Long story short 99% chance after helping create the best unit in the company, I値l have to say good bye and go back to my old job. The 1% chance is I知 unemployed.

Companies do not want to "own" anything; it's as if liquidity is more important than solvency. A parking garage might be considered real estate, which is not liquid at all. Cash is liquid, so paying for a service is seen as higher value than owning an asset, even if you can leverage cash from it.

With regard to your personal issue, I've found these days that stability is greater than opportunity - but this didn't used to be the case. I can't verbalize definitively why this is, but maybe it's because value is only skin deep. The opportunity we used to think would last a lifetime is now fleeting. We live in a disposable society with no lasting values.

Schwartzwald
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

But it was so artistically done...

« Reply #5995 on: January 13, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »

A certain company with a certain CS rep

the CS rep, or as I will continue to call them "CSR", is very dodgy when answering questions.

I do not blame the CSR for a time issue but I do blame them for the quality of the service they give. To me, it seems that they have a different language for their first language or they just briefly skim the email and make quick jots of certain buzz words for any given issue. I have had this issue with the CSR 3 times, including a time issue that seems to me that they are just telling me what I want to hear.

"They say the man who represents himself in the court of law has a fool for a client... Well, I... AM. THAT FOOL" -Gomez

"Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it" -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5996 on: January 13, 2018, 09:13:39 PM »

Don't assume because someone is in a decent place (emotionally, financially, relationship etc..) That they have always been there. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #5997 on: January 14, 2018, 01:11:57 AM »

Am I wrong to be angry because my evaluation is being affected by my mot going to the work Christmas party that was not mandatory?  Where i would have had to buy a Christmas present to trade with another coworker, even if I couldn't afford to because that little bit was mandatory if you chose to go to the party?

I have been to every mandatory job function.   This just angers me.. a lot.... I made sure the camera behind me could see the computer screen and see me looking at other jobs because why in the name of the Force would I want to stay with a company that will penalize me for choosing not to go to an event that is not mandatory?

*nearly explodes with rage* RAAWWWRRRRR

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #5998 on: January 14, 2018, 06:35:02 AM »

Companies do not want to "own" anything; it's as if liquidity is more important than solvency. A parking garage might be considered real estate, which is not liquid at all. Cash is liquid, so paying for a service is seen as higher value than owning an asset, even if you can leverage cash from it.

With regard to your personal issue, I've found these days that stability is greater than opportunity - but this didn't used to be the case. I can't verbalize definitively why this is, but maybe it's because value is only skin deep. The opportunity we used to think would last a lifetime is now fleeting. We live in a disposable society with no lasting values.

Oh I know what you are saying, my company has built buildings just to sell them and lease them back, in order to have more liquidity, this has made our CEO very happy as we have had record operating losses and have went from being the number one company in the industry to out of the top five and dropping fast.

None of that makes those bad decisions make more sense. I know why they did what they did and I know why they think it made since, but the fact that anyone watching said it was a bad idea and five years later, it has proven to have lost the company 100痴 of millions with a trend not looking to turn around anytime soon, it痴 safe to say they were wrong.

Of course at the moment they double down at the horrible decisions that have cratered the company. This is now the second company in a row that has followed this strategy, the first went bankrupt a few years ago, I知 still keeping hope for the second to reverse course.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5999 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:30 AM »

Am I wrong to be angry because my evaluation is being affected by my mot going to the work Christmas party that was not mandatory?  Where i would have had to buy a Christmas present to trade with another coworker, even if I couldn't afford to because that little bit was mandatory if you chose to go to the party?

I have been to every mandatory job function.   This just angers me.. a lot.... I made sure the camera behind me could see the computer screen and see me looking at other jobs because why in the name of the Force would I want to stay with a company that will penalize me for choosing not to go to an event that is not mandatory?

*nearly explodes with rage* RAAWWWRRRRR
You was told that is was being effected because of that?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: