Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313203 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6300 on: February 12, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »

My stellar IT dept. is at it again. I'm back to not being able to view imgur images again..........at least until the afternoon. Undecided >
*grumbles*

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6301 on: February 12, 2018, 07:51:46 PM »

Sounds like your "IT" department sucks.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6302 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »

Well I do define IT as Idiot Technicians.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6303 on: February 12, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »

Inept techs. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6304 on: February 13, 2018, 03:08:51 AM »

Horrible week long headache slowly wearing off just before the doctor's appointment tomorrow morning... Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6305 on: February 13, 2018, 03:11:11 AM »

Horrible week long headache slowly wearing off just before the doctor's appointment tomorrow morning... Tongue

Silver lining, it's going away.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6306 on: February 13, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

I've done some soul searching and realized why I am so closed off and guarded.

First off, some backstory. This isn't bragging. It's just the truth.

I am abnormally strong. Yes, I'm a big guy, but even for a big guy, I am freakishly strong. Always have been.

There was an incident when I was around two where a six-year old kid angered me and I supposedly went after him (I don't remember obviously because I was two). According to family members, I latched my hands around that kid's throat and was strangling him. My father, who was like 6'4 and over 300 pounds, was whooping my ass to make me let go and I just was not doing it. It took my father prying my hands away from the kid, and even then, he had a difficult time. That level of strength understandably frightened my parents, who took it upon themselves to teach me the only way they knew how. They constantly told me to always keep my temper in check and never lash out, because with my strength, I could seriously hurt someone or even kill them without even trying.

Now, I am not blaming them for anything, because as I said, they did the only thing they could. I'm just explaining what happened.

Given that my parents loved me and I loved them, I didn't want to disappoint them, so I took these lessons to heart and learned to ignore things that made me angry.

Well, while this worked, it also marked me as an easy target for everyone. People started messing with me, using me as a (sometimes literal) punching bag because I would not do anything about it for fear of hurting someone. I would rather be hurt than hurt someone else.

Something had to give though, so I took the only reasonable action I could. When I hit middle school, I learned to move around unnoticed. I became invisible. A ghost. I became as unobtrusive as possible, just fading into the background, capable of slipping in and out without being seen.

I was lonely, but at least the constant abuse from classmates had mostly ended.

Now, the invisibility wasn't perfect, as I was still targeted by the worst of the lot. Even worse than that were the ones who saw that I was lonely and pretended to be my friend or pretended to be interested just so they could get close and really hurt me. It became a game to them, as I discovered, with points and everything. "Who can screw with Patrick the worst?"

That's when I started building my armored shell around me, to make sure that nobody and nothing could get in and hurt me. I stopped trusting people and started viewing them with suspicion when they would approach me to talk, wondering what their angle was. No matter what people tried, they couldn't get in unless I wanted them in.

I was safe at last. Unnoticed. Unremarkable. Unobtrusive. Impenetrable. It's a lonely existence, but it's safe. I've been that way ever since, for over 25 years now. More than half of my life.

Now, as I have passed my 40th and then 41st birthdays, I've realized that I don't want to be this way anymore, but I have been so used to it that I know of no other way to be. I am frankly terrified that I have missed my life and that it's too late to change.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6307 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »

I've done some soul searching and realized why I am so closed off and guarded.

First off, some backstory. This isn't bragging. It's just the truth.

I am abnormally strong. Yes, I'm a big guy, but even for a big guy, I am freakishly strong. Always have been.

There was an incident when I was around two where a six-year old kid angered me and I supposedly went after him (I don't remember obviously because I was two). According to family members, I latched my hands around that kid's throat and was strangling him. My father, who was like 6'4 and over 300 pounds, was whooping my ass to make me let go and I just was not doing it. It took my father prying my hands away from the kid, and even then, he had a difficult time. That level of strength understandably frightened my parents, who took it upon themselves to teach me the only way they knew how. They constantly told me to always keep my temper in check and never lash out, because with my strength, I could seriously hurt someone or even kill them without even trying.

Now, I am not blaming them for anything, because as I said, they did the only thing they could. I'm just explaining what happened.

Given that my parents loved me and I loved them, I didn't want to disappoint them, so I took these lessons to heart and learned to ignore things that made me angry.

Well, while this worked, it also marked me as an easy target for everyone. People started messing with me, using me as a (sometimes literal) punching bag because I would not do anything about it for fear of hurting someone. I would rather be hurt than hurt someone else.

Something had to give though, so I took the only reasonable action I could. When I hit middle school, I learned to move around unnoticed. I became invisible. A ghost. I became as unobtrusive as possible, just fading into the background, capable of slipping in and out without being seen.

I was lonely, but at least the constant abuse from classmates had mostly ended.

Now, the invisibility wasn't perfect, as I was still targeted by the worst of the lot. Even worse than that were the ones who saw that I was lonely and pretended to be my friend or pretended to be interested just so they could get close and really hurt me. It became a game to them, as I discovered, with points and everything. "Who can screw with Patrick the worst?"

That's when I started building my armored shell around me, to make sure that nobody and nothing could get in and hurt me. I stopped trusting people and started viewing them with suspicion when they would approach me to talk, wondering what their angle was. No matter what people tried, they couldn't get in unless I wanted them in.

I was safe at last. Unnoticed. Unremarkable. Unobtrusive. Impenetrable. It's a lonely existence, but it's safe. I've been that way ever since, for over 25 years now. More than half of my life.

Now, as I have passed my 40th and then 41st birthdays, I've realized that I don't want to be this way anymore, but I have been so used to it that I know of no other way to be. I am frankly terrified that I have missed my life and that it's too late to change.
I'm not trying to dismiss your pain by any measure, but I feel the best way to say it is to be blunt. You are alive, and therefore still have time to learn and make changes. It's only too late when you're dead.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6308 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »

Logos is right, you are alive, you can still make changes, intentional decisions about your life.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6309 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »

It is tough to put yourself out there but that is what is needed. At 41 you will have plenty of time to change the way you are living, after all it was a learned behavior and not one that came natural.

You have to find some people with the same interest as you, rather it be something more sabers or anything else. Get some meet and greets together and start from there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6310 on: February 13, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

It is tough to put yourself out there but that is what is needed. At 41 you will have plenty of time to change the way you are living, after all it was a learned behavior and not one that came natural.

You have to find some people with the same interest as you, rather it be something more sabers or anything else. Get some meet and greets together and start from there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This is good advice.  Get together with others with similar interests, and let the networking go from there.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6311 on: February 14, 2018, 04:04:59 AM »

Silver lining, it's going away.

Gold lining, still managed to score some good meds!  The pain is melting away back to happiness finally!  Vent - no refills  Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6312 on: February 14, 2018, 04:24:40 AM »

Gold lining, still managed to score some good meds!  The pain is melting away back to happiness finally!  Vent - no refills  Tongue

Yeah, well, sticking with more and more meds is no fun.  Trust me.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6313 on: February 14, 2018, 01:42:31 PM »

two of my cretins called out this morning.
Cretin a called out because he has had a hacking cough since saturday and he can barely speak.
Cretin b called out because he "has a cold". . . and by a cold he meant a girlfriend that is going to be with all day. Side note, why would you post that on facebook? I mean in general, not just when you've called out with a "cold". I would post the exact wording of his post but I am pretty sure that would get me into trouble, paraphrased it is: "Happy Valentines Day, Britches (I added an r)! I get to spend all day in bed with my gf!".

in other news the awkward quiet girl weirded me out when she got in by asking what my wife and I are doing for Valentines Day, I am not married and when I indicated that that was the case she smiled and walked away. Beau still hasn't stopped laughing at that.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6314 on: February 14, 2018, 02:06:57 PM »

frelling Valentine's Day. That is all. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: