Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313817 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6465 on: March 12, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY!

Now I'm getting the whole "I told you to do this but we may have had a discussion that said no but I don't recall" bullshell. I'm so sick and tired of the wishy-washy crap. We are DAYS away from a product launch, and you want to frell up the entire design and have me basically start over? Are you high?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6466 on: March 12, 2018, 05:41:54 PM »

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY!

Now I'm getting the whole "I told you to do this but we may have had a discussion that said no but I don't recall" bullshell. I'm so sick and tired of the wishy-washy crap. We are DAYS away from a product launch, and you want to frell up the entire design and have me basically start over? Are you high?
Are these idiot suggestions coming from the same person that hired you?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6467 on: March 12, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »

Are these idiot suggestions coming from the same person that hired you?

No, it's coming from someone who okayed the design, went through the entire process, but flipped her shell when it turns out the design would cost a couple of bucks more than anticipated, even though she never had a problem with it until now, and the design would wind up being easier to build.

But hey... Common Sense doesn't exist here. We have to make a design as complicated as possible just to save a little bit of money.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6468 on: March 12, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »

No, it's coming from someone who okayed the design, went through the entire process, but flipped her shell when it turns out the design would cost a couple of bucks more than anticipated, even though she never had a problem with it until now, and the design would wind up being easier to build.

But hey... Common Sense doesn't exist here. We have to make a design as complicated as possible just to save a little bit of money.
Well I think it's time to ask the person who hired you to......what was their goal in hiring you again?........ask them how much authority you really have in the process.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6469 on: March 12, 2018, 05:59:26 PM »

Well I think it's time to ask the person who hired you to......what was their goal in hiring you again?........ask them how much authority you really have in the process.

Oh no. See here, Manufacturing and Saving Money is king. It is merely my duty to obey like a good slave and give Manufacturing what they want as cheaply as possible. Don't think. Just do what they want.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6470 on: March 12, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »

Oh no. See here, Manufacturing and Saving Money is king. It is merely my duty to obey like a good slave and give Manufacturing what they want as cheaply as possible. Don't think. Just do what they want.
And then take it up the ass when Manufacturing's "brilliant" idea blows up in their face?

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6471 on: March 12, 2018, 06:17:05 PM »

And then take it up the ass when Manufacturing's "brilliant" idea blows up in their face?

It's worse than that. They want to keep doing the same old thing over and over again. To hell with changes in industry standards and client desires.

To put it in car terms... If Ford decided that the 1983 Mustang was the pinnacle of design and wanted to keep selling it year after year, not only would there be no Mustangs on the road, but the entire brand as a whole would suffer.

This is business. You innovate, or you die. Period.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6472 on: March 12, 2018, 06:21:29 PM »

It's worse than that. They want to keep doing the same old thing over and over again. To hell with changes in industry standards and client desires.

To put it in car terms... If Ford decided that the 1983 Mustang was the pinnacle of design and wanted to keep selling it year after year, not only would there be no Mustangs on the road, but the entire brand as a whole would suffer.

This is business. You innovate, or you die. Period.
Duh. In fact, Ford (the man) was equally narrow minded about the so-called perfection of the Model T.

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6473 on: March 12, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »

Frelling, incompetent, irresponsible USPS and screwing up deliveries!  *RAGES*

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6474 on: March 13, 2018, 03:23:17 AM »

Who uses cheap plastic dowels on a piece of furniture?! Walmart that's who! Wooden dowels are not that expensive, and it would make your product passable as furniture, but instead you're getting back a broken desk, since your cheap components didn't even hold up long enough for me to assemble it! And no, I absolutely, positively DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6475 on: March 13, 2018, 01:21:57 PM »

Who uses cheap plastic dowels on a piece of furniture?! Walmart that's who! Wooden dowels are not that expensive, and it would make your product passable as furniture, but instead you're getting back a broken desk, since your cheap components didn't even hold up long enough for me to assemble it! And no, I absolutely, positively DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

I hate wallyworld furniture, I would rather buy thrift store furniture.

I might be looking for a new job soon, and just after I get a crew that doesn't make a herd of spastic chihuahuas look like the A-Team.

We have a new GM. I don't know if you have ever met a person who is really charismatic but makes your skin crawl and your hackles go up every once in a while when he says something that is just. . . off, but that is him in a nutshell. He has a way of saying something in totally okay, inoffensive words, but with inflection that makes it clear that he is trying to be insulting without being obvious. On top of that he has decided that I am the person that he can talk to freely about other employees, and he is horrible.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6476 on: March 13, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »

I am a fraction of a micron away from saying "Kriff it all" and going apeshell up in this place.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6477 on: March 13, 2018, 01:42:41 PM »

I am a fraction of a micron away from saying "Kriff it all" and going apeshell up in this place.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM</a>

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6478 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »

Are you high?

They very well might be...

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

EmmyV
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 33

I do dig giant robots

« Reply #6479 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »

OH MY GOSH WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA FOR A THREAD! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

The Emmy V S*** list of events, people and things that dive me nuts. Detailed in /li because developer.
  • Crocs are not acceptable footwear. Not even Crocs wear them.
  • Don't jockey with me on the freeway with your honda civic then slow down in front of the Altima SR. 50K Sports sedan <> Crappy Teenager Car. This isn't fast and the furious.
  • The Toyota Prius.
  • Medical clinics should know how much their stuff costs, or at least have a ballpark figure. You can't financially plan for infinity dollars
  • Just because you sacrifice all your living time doing things the slow way at work does not mean your co workers feel obliged.
  • Effort <> Time
  • That moment when you see someone peddling $40 wine when it's clearly the same thing as the $8 wine with the same exact bottle date.
  • When a moderately expensive vehicle parks across 4 spaces. (Happened in Bellevue with a Mercedes SLK, so the local Lambo club boxed him in. I thought that was hilarious.
  • When you're too cool to let a pedestrian cross the road.
  • When you think 50 in a school zone is fine but everyone has to watch you turn right.
  • When you spend hours building a scenario for your table top players and your dice decide it'll be awesome to just roll 1 or 20
  • When everyone starts having kids on your FB friends list and you have to fake multiple days of amusement.
  • When your business analysts vaguely understand their own requirement to the software team and want a firm date on release.
  • When people get mad at you because you didn't like a movie they liked, and conversely, liked a movie they didn't like.
  • When people confuse objective reality for politics.
  • When he's trying to impress you with eloquence clearly learned from Jr. year English class.
  • When someone wants you out of the way and gets passive aggressive about how long you are taking in a section of the supermarket. Then gets there and stalls out herself.
  • Treating self checkout like it was an alien artifact.
  • When you see people rallying against technology on Facebook, but they have Prime now Liked as a favorite service
  • When someone replies to you saying "not now" while coding with headphones on with "Are you on your period?"
  • When you're mixing an expensive drink and all the bottles have two modes. Dump the bottle and one drop at a time.

OH MY GOSH! THAT IS AMAZING! I feel liberated. I think I'm gonna go cook something! So happy now~

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: