Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313670 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6690 on: April 27, 2018, 12:43:04 AM »

Agreed!!
 I am from ILL but I live in Ohio. I am a Packers football fan

GO PACKERS!!!  Stupid Vikings ruined our season last year grrrrr.... Angry

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6691 on: April 27, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »

I get woken up, because my BiPaP machine stopped.  Not a pleasant way to wake up to begin with.  It's throwing some error.  Turn it off, unplug it, let it sit for a while.  Try it again.  Nope, new error code.  TO THE INTERNET!  Nope.  ResMed REFUSES to release what their error codes mean.  Concern is mounting.  It's really unhealthy for me to sleep without it, my apnea is that severe.  Call the med supply place, which is what the instructions from ResMed say to do.  It's a type of "unrecoverable" error, and requires being sent to them.  Which has to be done from the med supply place.  Which is now 3.5 hours away.  AND requires a doctor's referral order.  Have to have seen the doctor within the last 3 months for them to write the order.  Once it goes out, it usually takes a few weeks to fix.  It's one year past the two year warranty.  Insurance companies only pay to replace them once every five years. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6692 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »

Hi.  That's not good news.  There are so many different models.  Taking it for granted that there is no grand reset button that is connecting properly.  Also is there any chance that there are batteries that would kick in for a power failure ?  Perhaps need replacing.  Are there any loaners while you are awaiting either a new one or a repair ?

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6693 on: April 27, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »

GO PACKERS!!!  Stupid Vikings ruined our season last year grrrrr.... Angry
INDEED, my friend, Indeed!!  Angry Angry Angry

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6694 on: April 27, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »

Hi.  That's not good news.  There are so many different models.  Taking it for granted that there is no grand reset button that is connecting properly.  Also is there any chance that there are batteries that would kick in for a power failure ?  Perhaps need replacing.  Are there any loaners while you are awaiting either a new one or a repair ?

Yeah, no batteries, and it's some kind of internal error.  Which I really find suspicious that it happens a year after the warranty expires, and there is no way to get info to troubleshoot it.  There is not a system for loaners, though there may be rentals available.   Either way, several weeks without it, and the Doctors agree it's not really safe for me to sleep without one.  As far as replacing, insurance covers one every 5 years, it's been 3, and they run anywhere from $800-$1600, and sometimes even more. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6695 on: April 27, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »

I feel for you, I am on a CPap. Mine is a resmed as well. Coverage and service where you are sucks I am sorry. Here I can get a loaner from my supplier that has 3 locations within 45 minutes of me and I live in the middle of nowhere. I wish you the best with this and the only suggestion I can give is if you must sleep without it do it sitting up, only way I can do it with a head cold.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6696 on: April 27, 2018, 09:55:14 PM »

Terrible news.  I know that the medical system works much differently in Canada vs US and even within different Provinces and States... so am trying to come up with options.  Have you contacted perhaps to a service like a Red Cross association as here they have loaner available medical equipment or are a good resource for other possibilities.  Perhaps even a nursing home may have an unused one that someone donated... or a church community.  How about checking out your brand online.  Someone may have posted a YouTube that shares the codes to correct the internal error.

Wish that I could be of more assistance.  I'm sure that you are already aware that weight loss should greatly help.  Sleeping with your upper torso and head raised and perhaps an open window air flow may also help to facilitate regular breathing.  

Hope you get this resolved soon.  Smiley  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:41:15 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6697 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:43 PM »

I get woken up, because my BiPaP machine stopped.  Not a pleasant way to wake up to begin with.  It's throwing some error.  Turn it off, unplug it, let it sit for a while.  Try it again.  Nope, new error code.  TO THE INTERNET!  Nope.  ResMed REFUSES to release what their error codes mean.  Concern is mounting.  It's really unhealthy for me to sleep without it, my apnea is that severe.  Call the med supply place, which is what the instructions from ResMed say to do.  It's a type of "unrecoverable" error, and requires being sent to them.  Which has to be done from the med supply place.  Which is now 3.5 hours away.  AND requires a doctor's referral order.  Have to have seen the doctor within the last 3 months for them to write the order.  Once it goes out, it usually takes a few weeks to fix.  It's one year past the two year warranty.  Insurance companies only pay to replace them once every five years. 

I have severe sleep apnea as well, and use a CPAP machine. I really hope you can get that taken care of ASAP.
Good luck.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6698 on: April 28, 2018, 12:35:22 AM »

Terrible news.  I know that the medical system works much differently in Canada vs US and even within different Provinces and States... so am trying to come up with options.  Have you contacted perhaps to a service like a Red Cross association as here they have loaner available medical equipment or are a good resource for other possibilities.  Perhaps even a nursing home may have an unused one that someone donated... or a church community.  How about checking out your brand online.  Someone may have posted a YouTube that shares the codes to correct the internal error.

Wish that I could be of more assistance.  I'm sure that you are already aware that weight loss should greatly help.  Sleeping with your upper torso and head raised and perhaps an open window air flow may also help to facilitate regular breathing.  

Hope you get this resolved soon.  Smiley  

The problem with loaners is they have to be set up and calibrated to the user...  each person has a different pressure requirement, thats usually why for the first month they are so closely monitored.  They can make adjustments remotely based on the readings the unit sends back.  It's a horrible horrible racket that the insurance companies and the suppliers have set up.

I have a CPAP that I've had now for over a year and a half, but last fall my insurance provider changed and I got billed all over again for a unit I had already paid off.  They didnt send a new one, they didn't change anything, I just suddenly had a new $1400 bill from the equipment provider that they just deducted from my bank account.  That took over 8 weeks to resolve and get refunded...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6699 on: April 28, 2018, 02:04:08 AM »

Wow that's awful !  I am aware of each individual's settings but many of the machines that I have dealt with have the ability to manually set the values or push a reset button if accidently gets changed.  I did not know that a few members used one.  Don't know if I could... but if you need it to continue to breathe safely at night then that choice is much more clear.  Undecided

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6700 on: April 28, 2018, 12:53:29 PM »

if you don't mind messing with them a bit you can access the manual programing on them but the suppliers and doctors don't like you doing that very much. If I remember right with my resmed it is hold the adjusting knob/button for a bit. And yeah things are much different here in Canada, even the suppliers are nicer from what I can tell, I get free maintenance every year and a free loaner if mine ever needs service. These are no cost to me or my insurance.
As I talk about my awesome suppliers I can feel the hate growing in you.
Anyway I hope something works out for you, it sounds like you have been having it rough for awhile now.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6701 on: April 28, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »

Good luck Illyiss! That's a MF!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #6702 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »

Ok, so the day started off pretty good. Filming for our new Season 2 project went great. Then, right at the end...one of my club members starts spinning my Bellicose....lets it go!.....and it slams into the cement wall he standing next by......Everything looks ok with the boards...buuuut.... it shuts off after about 60 seconds, every SINGLE time! I've charged it, switched out the batteries....bah! Gonna have to send it to the Pro's to fix.

Had to let that out....Now im going to Go on a Kylo Ren Rampage outside with a Saber.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6703 on: April 29, 2018, 12:38:17 AM »

That's not good... hope that the Bellicose fix is not too costly.  Perhaps it's a wiring thing.  You had better be making a video of your KR rampage.  Wink

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6704 on: April 29, 2018, 03:52:47 AM »

I am very concerned for your well being Illyiss. My sleep apnea has been described as severe, but it is obviously not as severe as yours.
If necessary, I could send you my CPAP unit with fresh filters. I have gone at least a month or more without it, even though I should not.
I don't know the difference between BiPAP and CPAP. If this would help you I have no problem shipping my unit to you until you can solve this madness. You can change whatever settings you need. I cant stand to think of you stressing and suffering due to this.

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: