Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306715 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7095 on: June 28, 2018, 03:36:44 AM »

broke my finger, scraped up my face, pulled a muscle in my back, and I am running on about thirty minutes of sleep 72 hours ago because life is wonderful. But I am finally getting some sleep, soon.

Damn. sorry to hear about that.

You wanna know what I do when I have a really bad, awful, terrible day? I imagine my great great great granddaughter in the future talking to her class about me.  She's poised and funny, and tells people about me and how everything worked out in the end.  And when I think about that, I think about how everything's going to work out.  Because how else could she tell people?

That's awesome.

I remember around this time  4.5 years ago, when I was part of the 60k troops that were deployed to Afghanistan.  I woke up at 0300 in the morning, grabbed my weapon, my shovel and climbed out of my fox hole and walk a to dig a hole to alleviate myself.  The only thing I like about the Middle East was that I can look up in the sky and see all the stars.  I remember staring at the stars wondering if anyone will miss me if something happened to me the next day since I served close to 10 years, had a divorce, went through so many relationships due to my time away, and this was all I had to speak for myself. Waking up close to enemy territory just to dig a hole to use the restroom.  I would tell my younger self that it wouldn’t be my life and I would get out, find a new and great career, meet my best friend and soulmate without realizing it, get married, and start doing the things I’ve never got a chance to do for the decade that I was away.  I often think about that when I have the worse days or my PTSD hits an all time high and it helps out a smile to my face.

Thank you for your service. You too tx_tuff.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7096 on: June 28, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »

Thank you Silenox!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7097 on: June 28, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »

Thank you for your support, Silenoz!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7098 on: June 28, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »

Is it Friday, yet?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7099 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »

Not yet...

So it turns out that I had been exposed to viral pneumonia.  Normally not a big deal, I have a very efficient immune system and I almost never get sick, but this happened the same weekend that I tested for my 2nd degree black belt.  That testing was brutal and I got REALLY run down physically getting through it...

... and got sick.  So now I'm in a nice 4-6 week recovery cycle. 

What a great summer....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7100 on: June 28, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »

Not yet...

So it turns out that I had been exposed to viral pneumonia.  Normally not a big deal, I have a very efficient immune system and I almost never get sick, but this happened the same weekend that I tested for my 2nd degree black belt.  That testing was brutal and I got REALLY run down physically getting through it...

... and got sick.  So now I'm in a nice 4-6 week recovery cycle. 

What a great summer....

Hey man, you got through it while having pneumonia, that's a feat in itself!  Listen to your body and take the time to heal and whatnot.  You can always play video games and watch movies even though that will get old.  There's always the great people here in the forum that can keep you company.    Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7101 on: June 28, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »

Hey man, you got through it while having pneumonia, that's a feat in itself!  Listen to your body and take the time to heal and whatnot.  You can always play video games and watch movies even though that will get old.  There's always the great people here in the forum that can keep you company.    Grin

LOL  Thanks.  :-)

Fortunately I didn't actually have pneumonia when I did the test.  :-)  I tested on a Saturday and spiked the fever two days later.   

As for movies...  I'm working my way through the Marvel universe.  Then I think its time to binge-watch Clone Wars and Rebels...

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7102 on: June 28, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »

You have a plan already, sounds good.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #7103 on: June 28, 2018, 03:52:46 PM »

So the heat index is suppose to be 108 F today.  Not looking forward to my four mile run today, the things I do to stay in shape and keep a good tan.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7104 on: June 28, 2018, 04:01:54 PM »

So the heat index is suppose to be 108 F today.  Not looking forward to my four mile run today, the things I do to stay in shape and keep a good tan.

Do you live in Arizona or somewhere in the South? 

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #7105 on: June 28, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »

Do you live in Arizona or somewhere in the South? 

I'd say south, if it were Arizona it'd be more like 120...  AZ sucks this time of year especially with the monsoon season getting ready to start. X.X *dies at the thought*

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7106 on: June 28, 2018, 07:10:14 PM »

Really true.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7107 on: June 28, 2018, 09:41:20 PM »

I'd say south, if it were Arizona it'd be more like 120...  AZ sucks this time of year especially with the monsoon season getting ready to start. X.X *dies at the thought*

As they say, its not the heat..its the humidity.  Prowl and I are from the same state and the thermometer may not read as high as some places...but this time of year it can feel like someone soaked a wool blanket in water and wrapped it around your head.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7108 on: June 28, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »

As they say, its not the heat..its the humidity.  Prowl and I are from the same state and the thermometer may not read as high as some places...but this time of year it can feel like someone soaked a wool blanket in water and wrapped it around your head.

Same here.   Actual temp is in the mid-90's with very high humidity.  "Feels like" temp shoots up to 105 or more.  And you simply cannot cool off outside, so any kind of yard work or work/play outside is brutal on the body.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7109 on: June 28, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »

aanndd two cracked ribs, that didn't reveal themselves until I sneezed today.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: