Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1314018 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7245 on: August 05, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »

Tomato juice people. Only thing I know of that actually gets rid of skunk smell.

But you can't just toss tomato juice all over your upholstery....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7246 on: August 05, 2018, 03:08:59 PM »

I have no more patience for my boss, last night she walked around when we were busy, ignored customers, and pulled employees away from customer interactions to fix facing. Let me reiterate, we were busy,, busiest we have been in ages.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7247 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

Tomato juice doesn’t work. In a big bowl mix a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and a heaping tablespoon of Dawn dish soap. Scrub the dog down avoiding the eyes and toss the collar. Getting the smell out of the house is a bit tougher. To immediately cut down on the smell boil a cup of white vinegar in a saucepan until evaporated. Also change out any filters on the air filtration system. Baking soda or unbrewed coffee grounds left out in trays will also help absorb the smell.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7248 on: August 05, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »

Hipefully, you can get the smell out, Ultra.

This worked for a buddy of mine and he has a 120 pound German Shepard:

HOW TO GET RID OF SKUNK ODOR
Everyone knows that tomato juice is handy for deskunking a dog, but it’s not the only old-time remedy that works to get rid of skunk odor from your dog. Some other ingredients to keep on hand in quantity in case of emergency include vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide.

Try dousing a skunked dog with about a cup of vanilla extract mixed in a gallon of water to get rid of skunk odor, says Hazel Christiansen, a longtime professional groomer and former president of the American Grooming Shop Association, in Lewiston, Idaho. Let the dog soak in the solution for about 10 minutes before applying dog shampoo and rinsing.

For the vinegar remedy, mix 2 parts water with 1 part apple cider vinegar, and set the solution aside (the total amount you’ll need to mix depends on the size of your dog). Thoroughly wet your smelly dog’s coat with water. Now, work the vinegar solution through the fur. Let the solution sit for about 5 minutes; then rinse thoroughly. Work carefully and be sure the solution doesn’t drip into your dog’s eyes (it would sting).

If neither of the concoctions above seems to work, here’s one last skunk-odor removing remedy that’s been passed on from one generation of dog lovers to the next. Mix 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon dish-washing liquid. Apply this mixture in the same way you would the vinegar solution. The quantities listed should make enough deskunking solution for a medium-size dog (30 to 50 pounds), so use less or more as needed for the size of your dog.

The best way to eliminate skunk odor is to avoid it altogether. Believe it or not, skunks hate strong odors. You can keep them out of your woodshed or other outbuildings by hanging a bar of strong disinfectant or room deodorizer in the space.

Excerpt from 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints—brought to you by Skyhorse Publishing.

This post was first published in 2015 and has been updated.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7249 on: August 05, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »

Sorry for the double post, my phone didn’t display the first one at first. In a bad area

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7250 on: August 05, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »

Well, the good news is my dogs managed to actually kill the skunk. Can that be considered good news? My kids found the carcass last night while putting the birds away. We have three giant dogs, an Akbash, German Shepherd, and a retired Greyhound racer - all three played with the skunk and had to be bathed multiple times with a vinegar solution. They smell like pickles now, but that is preferable. We shampooed the carpets and furniture and have 3 ozone generators running non stop. Everything in the house than can fit in a washing machine was laundered with vinegar. We're not out of the woods yet, but it's alot better than it was. I think I will take JEStucker's idea and get some bags of charcoal in here. I really don't know what to do about the furniture, the scent lingers. I'm hoping the ozone generators will do the trick for that.

Oh the joys of country living...

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7251 on: August 05, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »

And why can't you douse the furniture in tomato juice? You just need to apply it evenly so it looks natural.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7252 on: August 05, 2018, 01:20:41 PM »

My dogs found a skunk and decided to mess with it. Now the whole house stinks. We've got ionizers running, but this is going to take awhile.

Oh that’s horrible!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7253 on: August 06, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »

Tomato juice people. Only thing I know of that actually gets rid of skunk smell.
You need something stronger than tomato acid. Try lemon juice.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7254 on: August 07, 2018, 09:00:02 AM »

Well, the good news is my dogs managed to actually kill the skunk. Can that be considered good news? My kids found the carcass last night while putting the birds away. We have three giant dogs, an Akbash, German Shepherd, and a retired Greyhound racer - all three played with the skunk and had to be bathed multiple times with a vinegar solution. They smell like pickles now, but that is preferable. We shampooed the carpets and furniture and have 3 ozone generators running non stop. Everything in the house than can fit in a washing machine was laundered with vinegar. We're not out of the woods yet, but it's alot better than it was. I think I will take JEStucker's idea and get some bags of charcoal in here. I really don't know what to do about the furniture, the scent lingers. I'm hoping the ozone generators will do the trick for that.

Oh the joys of country living...

Oh, wow. That is rough. I hope you can solve this easily and cost effective.

My dogs, a pitbull/retriever mix and a hound mix, recently killed some things lately too. Are the dogs of the world planning to take over ? I think so.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7255 on: August 07, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7256 on: August 07, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »

Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting badgews.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7257 on: August 07, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »

That's adorable.

+1 I1.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7258 on: August 07, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »

That's adorable.

+1 I1.

Thank you, have one back

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7259 on: August 07, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »

I love it!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: