Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306696 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8055 on: May 07, 2020, 07:34:35 PM »

You could just go old school and, y'know.......use a phone.

Ahh but Logos you fail to notice that I will avoid talking to people over the phone like my life depends on it. Typing is easier. And I organize my thoughts better through writing than talking

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8056 on: May 08, 2020, 02:01:03 AM »

This should not be the highlight of my day. (That was originally supposed to be my entire post, but then I saw what PsychoSith wrote and had to reply.)

Ahh but Logos you fail to notice that I will avoid talking to people over the phone like my life depends on it. Typing is easier. And I organize my thoughts better through writing than talking

+217

Work related, I make approximately one (1) phone call per month, and will take one (1) phone call per month. I tell new hires, sales reps, pretty much everyone that I won't answer my phone if they call, and to just email me, which I will usually reply to in under 5 minutes.

Ok fine, I do talk on my phone with my mother.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8057 on: May 08, 2020, 11:22:37 AM »

Same....I hate talking on the phone.  I have Irritable Larynx caused by Acid Reflux so if I speak too much I start coughing uncontrollably.  I speak to my mother nightly on the phone since she doesn't own a computer or have internet but that's about it. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8058 on: May 08, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »

That's why you need to practice. Eventually, you will be able to speak as well as you write. I used to hate public speaking for school. Then in college, I learned that I'm better with impromptu speaking than organized speeches. Now the problem is getting me to shut up. Tongue Grin

Further more, I have never been a fan of writing. But....then I get on here and and BOOM. If I'm able to write like I speak, and I'll write pages of material.

You just need to practice.

Trust me, I know Da Wae.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8059 on: May 08, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

That's why you need to practice. Eventually, you will be able to speak as well as you write. I used to hate public speaking for school. Then in college, I learned that I'm better with impromptu speaking than organized speeches. Now the problem is getting me to shut up. Tongue Grin

Further more, I have never been a fan of writing. But....then I get on here and and BOOM. If I'm able to write like I speak, and I'll write pages of material.

You just need to practice.

Trust me, I know Da Wae.

Dont get me wrong - I speak well. I write better on average but I speak well. My issue isnt of insecurity or lack of skill its lack of patience. People just talk so darned slow and rarely say what they actually mean

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8060 on: May 09, 2020, 05:58:37 PM »

I'd ask why it's snowing here, but I've given up. For the record, I'm in Rochester, NY, which I guess explains it.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8061 on: May 11, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »

Dont get me wrong - I speak well. I write better on average but I speak well. My issue isnt of insecurity or lack of skill its lack of patience. People just talk so darned slow and rarely say what they actually mean
I don't know where you live, But I speak very fast, depending on what I'm trying to say.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Luke Moonwalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8062 on: May 13, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »

Anyone else having trouble sleeping because they are out of a job due to the virus and have no schedule to keep anymore? I can’t keep myself busy enough in the day to be tired at night and now I’m up almost all night and I get terrible sleep for a few hours during the day. I feel like a zombie.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8063 on: May 13, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »

Anyone else having trouble sleeping because they are out of a job due to the virus and have no schedule to keep anymore? I can’t keep myself busy enough in the day to be tired at night and now I’m up almost all night and I get terrible sleep for a few hours during the day. I feel like a zombie.

My girlfriend struggled with this while she was temporarily out of work. Having something to keep her mind occupied seemed to work, deep cleaning her room, working on fun projects like a new dnd campaign that sort of things. Not a perfect solution but it seemed to work for her.

Unrelated work woes; i think ive mentioned a certain problem employee at my work whos caused me some grief in the past yeah? Well sparklebrain over here ignored one of our email mailboxes for an extended period of time which just now became noticed. So guess who gets to clean up that mess? Yeah. "But psycho" you may ask, "how many emails did he ignore that you now have to handle?"

Well according to our exchange server

Approx. 200,000. Two. Hundred. Thousand.

Shoot me.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8064 on: May 13, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »

My girlfriend struggled with this while she was temporarily out of work. Having something to keep her mind occupied seemed to work, deep cleaning her room, working on fun projects like a new dnd campaign that sort of things. Not a perfect solution but it seemed to work for her.

Unrelated work woes; i think ive mentioned a certain problem employee at my work whos caused me some grief in the past yeah? Well sparklebrain over here ignored one of our email mailboxes for an extended period of time which just now became noticed. So guess who gets to clean up that mess? Yeah. "But psycho" you may ask, "how many emails did he ignore that you now have to handle?"

Shoot me.

Yeah, but if we shoot you, that's just another mess that would need to be cleaned up. And they'd probably make you do that too. After you'd been shot.

So instead we're going to run your co-worker through a woodchipper, and use whatever comes out to feed the hogs.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8065 on: May 14, 2020, 09:09:33 AM »

Really? 200.000? What dit the boss/manager say?

Shoot me.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8066 on: May 16, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »

Today's the last time that I played any type of game on my phone. SWGOH has frustrated me to a point where I literally shattered my phone display. It still works, but this will NEVER happen on any device again, be it PC, phone or whatever. I'm so tired of this....it's the second time, and it definitely is the last time. I cannot afford a new one, and my insurance can't replace it with the same model. Galaxy S6 Edge's aren't common anymore...

Need time for myself the next days. Won't be active here.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8067 on: May 16, 2020, 06:32:05 PM »

Ahh Racona.  Undecided

I'm sure we can all relate to "I'm going to smash this controller, put my foot through the screen, then go on an actual killing spree". 

Sorry to hear, and understood.  Undecided

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8068 on: May 16, 2020, 06:41:03 PM »

The worst thing...that's not me, actually.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8069 on: May 16, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »

Well no.  It's not most people - until that one freakin' level...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: