Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313384 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8085 on: May 27, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »

Just got done waiting for a certain phone company.
For 5 hours.
So they could tell me they never dispatched anyone cause the appointment was delayed on the customer side.
As I look at the email screenshot sayin a technician had been dispatched and should arrive in 20 minutes.
From 4 hours ago.
We rescheduled for tomorrow.
At 9am.
The site is a full hour drive away.

Meanwhile the only reason I need to be there is to ensure they plug the new system into the right port of the firewall.
Theres only 5 ports.
3 of the ports are already plugged in.
Theyve gotten it wrong before.

Is this what preschool teachers feel like?

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8086 on: May 27, 2020, 09:00:11 PM »

For 5 hours.
So they could tell me they never dispatched anyone cause the appointment was delayed on the customer side.
As I look at the email screenshot sayin a technician had been dispatched and should arrive in 20 minutes.
From 4 hours ago.
At 9am.

Meanwhile the only reason I need to be there is to ensure they plug the new system into the right port of the firewall.
Theres only 5 ports.
They've gotten it wrong before.

No. When a preschooler forgets what you've told them in the five steps between the door and what they're supposed to do, they'll stand there and not do anything, or turn around and tell you they don't remember. They rarely just randomly pick something and hope they get it right, while mentally formulating how they can blame someone else if their random pick is wrong.

What you're thinking of is how most good IT professionals feel when dealing with someone for 5 hours, and they've asked at least once every half hour if the machine is plugged in, and the customer gets increasingly irate that they would ask such a thing, and when the tech gets on site they find the machine unplugged, and the customer says that the tech must have unplugged it remotely to make them look bad.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8087 on: May 28, 2020, 05:52:43 AM »

For 5 hours.
From 4 hours ago.
At 9am.

Theres only 5 ports.
Theyve gotten it wrong before.

Nah, sounds like a few of my highschool students Wink
So in that case, yeah, feels something like that Grin

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8088 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »

I've been called out to the production floor twice so far today to fix problems.

In the first case I turned the machine off and then back on. And it worked. In the second case I plugged the ethernet cable for the network back into the machine (no idea why it was unplugged in the first place, and of course no one will admit to having done it). And it worked.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8089 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:15 PM »

I've been called out to the production floor twice so far today to fix problems.

In the first case I turned the machine off and then back on. And it worked. In the second case I plugged the ethernet cable for the network back into the machine (no idea why it was unplugged in the first place, and of course no one will admit to having done it). And it worked.

Sounds like someone wanted a little downtime while on the clock.  How frustrating!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8090 on: May 28, 2020, 07:05:15 PM »

So it's been 10 days since my item was ordered/had its shipping label created and it's STILL not in the USPS tracking system.
Delivery was promised 5/30 but since it has to go from CA to TX and hasn't even left yet, I highly doubt that will happen.
If it doesn't get moving by Saturday, I'm going to file a grievance with eBay and order from a different supplier.

On the bright side, my sabers and Fett helmet seem on course to be delivered tomorrow as promised, although I suspect the helmet will be later as it still shows in transit from CA, while my sabers have been in Dallas since yesterday (Dallas being the closest distribution center near me)

So with luck, I should get my sabers tomorrow and helmet on Saturday.
My hood, otoh, is taking WAAAAY too long for something that should have shipped over a week ago. I'm getting really irritated by it not even being in the USPS system yet and coming up on it's estimated delivery time.
I've never left poor feedback but I think this merits it

-

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8091 on: June 10, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »

My tolerance for stupid appears to be exceptionally low today.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8092 on: June 10, 2020, 07:28:49 PM »

My tolerance for stupid appears to be exceptionally low today.

Sorry.

I know what it’s like to have days like that.  I hope things get better (meaning that I hope you encounter less stupidity).

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8093 on: June 17, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »

Them: It doesn't work.

Me: Here's what you need to do to make it work.

Me: Did you do what I told you to do?

Them: No.

Me: *facepalm*

Them: We did what you told us to do. It works now.

For reference, what I told them to do was the highly complicated task of "plug the orange network cable into the printer."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8094 on: June 17, 2020, 07:49:38 PM »

For reference, what I told them to do was the highly complicated task of "plug the orange network cable into the printer."
You love your job. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8095 on: June 17, 2020, 10:52:28 PM »

You love your job. Grin
Actually I do love the work part of my job, it's the stupid I have trouble with.

Because of how long I've been here, I can do pretty much every different job in the company, from shipping to production, to R&D, to inventory management, to sales, and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't easily fall into a catagory. I don't expect anyone else to be able to do everyone's job. I do expect someone to be able to do their own job.

I'm going to stop here, as otherwise I'd learn what the character limit is for a single post, and y'all would get hit in the face by a massive wall of text.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8096 on: June 18, 2020, 04:35:55 AM »

...and y'all would get hit in the face by a massive wall of text.

That’s what the <ENTER> key is for— to add vertical spacing, to make the wall of text able to be read.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8097 on: June 18, 2020, 10:48:19 AM »

This is my typical day at work and it happens like 15 times a day only that they won't tell me whether it worked or not after they followed directions

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8098 on: June 18, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »

This is my typical day at work and it happens like 15 times a day only that they won't tell me whether it worked or not after they followed directions

"You've updated your computer?"

"Of course!"

This machine is missing critical updates from Microsoft

-_-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2792

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8099 on: June 18, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »

Me: When was the last time you restarted your computer?
Them: 3 times this morning
Me checking, it hasn't been restarted in 45 days....
Me rebooting and them saying: "I'm not sure why it worked for you"

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: