Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Color Reference (Comprehensive)  (Read 3034 times)
Dagr
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

The (light points) force is strong with this one.

« on: March 12, 2016, 10:37:34 PM »

Emerald Color Listing

Hey guys...

I have been happily tinkering away with my RGBA Archon v2.1 and have been relying heavily on all the great threads here (like Scriggs list which is stickied).

As I found more information, I decided to go ahead and create a good spreadsheet that lists all of the color combinations I have found thus far (also so it can easily be edited).

Further, since the new obsidian driver uses %'s instead of 0-255 values, I went ahead and converted various sources to % based for ease of entry.

I have NOT tested out some of these combinations yet!!!

Here's what I included:

• A variant of Scrigg's list of known US colors & their emerald % equivalents from the forums.
  • A list of color mixes taken from the spark color 2 default ini files (in RGBA format, but does not use the amber die).
  • A converted list of the default RGBA color mixes from the "other guys" (changed to % based). Found on the other guys' forum.

I hope this reference hopes someone out there to find some new color combos that are very nice!!!!

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:42:20 PM by Dagr » Logged

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »

I don't have an Emerald saber, but I just wanted to say that this is really useful. Thanks for your work!

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Dagr
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:19:19 AM »

No problem! Tinkering with the colors is very fun (I can spend way too much time just messing with colors).

Oh, and it's worth mentioning that the arctic blue from US looks AWESOME in a photon blade (purchased from various "other" smiths). My emerald driver based saber with a photon blade easily matches the output of a standard tri-cree green, and adds a really cool green "haze". Further, if you crank up the amber die with that mix it makes a super bright yellow blade!!! (More of a neon yellow).

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 03:11:44 AM »

Emerald Color Listing

Hey guys...

I have been happily tinkering away with my RGBA Archon v2.1 and have been relying heavily on all the great threads here (like Scriggs list which is stickied).

As I found more information, I decided to go ahead and create a good spreadsheet that lists all of the color combinations I have found thus far (also so it can easily be edited).

Further, since the new obsidian driver uses %'s instead of 0-255 values, I went ahead and converted various sources to % based for ease of entry.

I have NOT tested out some of these combinations yet!!!

Here's what I included:

• A variant of Scrigg's list of known US colors & their emerald % equivalents from the forums.
  • A list of color mixes taken from the spark color 2 default ini files (in RGBA format, but does not use the amber die).
  • A converted list of the default RGBA color mixes from the "other guys" (changed to % based). Found on the other guys' forum.

I hope this reference hopes someone out there to find some new color combos that are very nice!!!!

Enjoy!!

Can i ask you a question?With the Pulse mode,to you does it make your saber look a little closer the Star Wars Movies.Also could if I wanted could I change my saber colour to Red and then Purple?Im just wondering because after I get my Star Wars laptop(I know im a huge Star Wars nerd) in a few months I will picking an Emrald with Sound US.Has the emerald pulse enhanced your dueling experience?Sorry for so many questions

Dagr
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »

Can i ask you a question?With the Pulse mode,to you does it make your saber look a little closer the Star Wars Movies.Also could if I wanted could I change my saber colour to Red and then Purple?Im just wondering because after I get my Star Wars laptop(I know im a huge Star Wars nerd) in a few months I will picking an Emrald with Sound US.Has the emerald pulse enhanced your dueling experience?Sorry for so many questions

The pulsing is a great feature... I'm not sure if it really makes it more movie like, but it certainly makes the blade feel more... alive. It's a little difficult to get the timings & colors right for the flicker you want, but there are lots of posts here in the forums explaining the process & inputs. My favorite is a blood orange with a slight flicker/pulse to red.

Yes, you can do a very slow pulse that slowly transitions between two colors (or quickly transitions, but stays in each color for a long time). It's a really cool effect if you want it to slowly change between two colors (limited to two colors though). If you choose two colors on different parts of the spectrum and a slow change, it will create a sort of rainbow effect as it slowly changes from the first color to the next (also pretty neat).

Red to purple and back would work, but you probalby would get some pretty "pink" in between colors unless you did a fairly quick transition. As you add blue to red you get into the "Bane's Heart" pinkish color (which is actually quite strong, but also very pink!).

Hope this helps!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: