Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Azure Grand Master questions...  (Read 201 times)
Smeeg699
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 04, 2021, 03:57:07 AM »

Hey all,

So I've owned an Ultrasabers blade for a long time now, the Manticore has been a part of my Jedi cosplay for a number of years now and I love it. Lately I've been thinking about getting another saber, and I know which one I want. But I have a couple questions that maybe some of you guys can help me with. I was kinda wanting to make a saberstaff out of two Azure Grand Masters using one of the couplers. It LOOKS like this is doable, based on the pictures of the AGM's hilt cap. It looks like it can screw off, and be replaced with a couple, but before I spent close to $1000 on lightsabers, I wanted to make sure this is viable. Does anyone know if this works, or have experience combing two single blade sabers into a saber staff like this? Any answers would be appreciated, thanks!

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 106

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 04:56:25 AM »

Are you planning on getting sound? The thing about using the Grand Master is it's probably one of the thinnest lightsaber designs, along with the Empress. I had sound on both but dueled with them and the battery case (with sound) is now jammed to a higher part of the hilt. It could have changed since the Grand Master came out 2 years ago. If no sound, get Grand Master. If you want sound or a more manageable saber, why not get 2 Saviors. It's crazy long and skinny but zero problem with batteries, electronics, etc.

The quick release coupler is cool. It wobbles a little bit and the sabers will spin, but I hear it can take some punishment. If you decide to get the Saviors, they're like crazy long so a smaller size coupler would work. Also, the Grand Master doesn't quite give me enough room to spin thanks to it's non-removable emitter, which sadly won't hold a blade plug. It has awesome aesthetics, I think, but the real winner is the Savior. Plus you can get a Manticore emitter. Have a spin able Savior with Manticore windows.

Post pics. Stay sharp in the Force.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -184

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 06:32:47 AM »

Are you planning on getting sound? The thing about using the Grand Master is it's probably one of the thinnest lightsaber designs, along with the Empress. I had sound on both but dueled with them and the battery case (with sound) is now jammed to a higher part of the hilt. It could have changed since the Grand Master came out 2 years ago. If no sound, get Grand Master. If you want sound or a more manageable saber, why not get 2 Saviors. It's crazy long and skinny but zero problem with batteries, electronics, etc.

The quick release coupler is cool. It wobbles a little bit and the sabers will spin, but I hear it can take some punishment. If you decide to get the Saviors, they're like crazy long so a smaller size coupler would work. Also, the Grand Master doesn't quite give me enough room to spin thanks to it's non-removable emitter, which sadly won't hold a blade plug. It has awesome aesthetics, I think, but the real winner is the Savior. Plus you can get a Manticore emitter. Have a spin able Savior with Manticore windows.

Post pics. Stay sharp in the Force.
I have to say... I don't get why you keep pushing the Savior when Smeeg699 said he knew which one he wanted... and it's an AGM.
Granted, you pointed at some negative points on the AGM but still ^^'

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow
* Dominix green/red
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2 / Fallens / Black butcher BVA
Butcher LE AS / Sentinel LEV5 VA
Please someone stop me..

janx
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -16

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »

I own the Grand Master.  I don't know about it being the thinnest. That honor goes to the V2 Initiate/Dominix style hilts that are so skinny they can't have sound.

I love my grand master with v4 Obsidian and have not had it get stuck EXCEPT when it came back from repair and I couldn't get the pack out after unboxing it.

What is a problem is use in sparring.  The top 3rd of the hilt is art.  Not meant for gripping.  This makes it more unbalanced to wield.    Choking up on a hilt makes for better balance and control.  The GM is not a good saber for that.  But it looks great on my belt, and I can certainly swing it around.  I sparred with it for a year, so it can be done.  Just not optimal compared to other hilts.  Form vs. Function basically.  It's also the 2nd heaviest US saber I've held (The emperor's hand takes top billing for weight IME).  Again, saber dueling group for a year, so a lot of US hilts to check out.

now as a staff weapon, it might be fine, but again, you are deprived of 1/3 of the implied grip space because of the artsy stuff.

the GM is based on Satelle Shan's weapon from The Old Republic game.  It is literally a staff weapon per the game.

Plus, all the "good" hilts comply with the MHS standard, so the pommel end is going to mate just fine to a staff coupler.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 377

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 11:57:07 AM »

The Grandmaster can definitely be a Staff. Unlike other I say don't bother with the quick release couple but rather get the infinitely adjustable coupler from TCSS. It fits nice and you can precisely align your switches as I have with my Menace Staff.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff