Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496386 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8505 on: August 31, 2020, 10:47:54 PM »

Agreed. The thin neck would be garbage for dueling and would eventually break. I get why some folks want US to make one so they can buy one brand and get the replicas they want but I’m with you, if they really want a movie accurate replica they should get one somewhere else and keep these focused on custom and unique sabers. I do like some of the inspired or replicated sabers US makes but I like their original hilts more.

Agreed. I have several other makers Lightsabers that accurately represent an "Obi-wan" lightsaber and if UltraSabers tried to be more accurate than the Archon v3.1, then it would either be girthy (more like some of the plastic toys out there), or annoyingly longer, because the grenade grip would not allow a sound board, LED module or switch be located in the US typical places. That makes making a more accurate hilt difficult and not easy to make.

Note: My "Obi-wan" hilts probably cost 2-10 times the amount of the most expensive US hilts -----------------and took much longer to get crafted and delivered to me. Even with how this year has changed things in the lightsaber industry.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8506 on: September 01, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »

I must point out that the version of obi-Wan Kenobi‘s light saber I would like, is simply a modified Archon V2.1 just a black grenade grip near the top of the saber would be fine, nothing fancy.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #8507 on: September 01, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »

I like US's "inspired" hilts. Archon, Chosen One, Guardian, especially the Graflex, etc... theyre just fun.  Its cool to have a movie-inspired, instantly recognizable hilt without dropping ridiculous coin.  The sabersnobs turn their nose up at them because they're not perfectly accurate, but who cares..  im not interested at this point in dropping $2k+ on a shelf queen collectible.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8508 on: September 01, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »

I like US's "inspired" hilts. Archon, Chosen One, Guardian, especially the Graflex, etc... theyre just fun.  Its cool to have a movie-inspired, instantly recognizable hilt without dropping ridiculous coin.  The sabersnobs turn their nose up at them because they're not perfectly accurate, but who cares..  im not interested at this point in dropping $2k+ on a shelf queen collectible.
I take that personnally since I am a sabersnob at times  Tongue
I do not like thin necks. I don't care for ep3/4 kenobi's lightsaber or luke's green one.
I'm not a big fan of the different graflex hilts. In the saga. And I particularly don't like US version of those. So I most likely won't buy them.
I love kenobi's first lightsaber and I like more and more what US did with their version of it.
I love mace windu's hilt. Not a Big fan of US' version.
I love what they did with the fallen.
And I like both playing with and admiring the sabers.

So I can understand why someone would want a US version of their favorite movie hilt.
And as many people said, there is something for everyone on their catalog.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8509 on: September 01, 2020, 02:13:23 PM »

I agree. "Close" is good enough. But when you get into the nitty gritty crap of distinguishing the individual minute differences between each movie's specific prop design, then it gets ridiculous.

Like the Chosen One. Vader's saber underwent various design changes on every movie it was in. This in my opinion leads to catastrophically weak fan theories that these changes mean the saber changed. It had to be rebuilt or it was enhanced. How about NO, ya crazy nerds? Unless the movie focused on it, it's just a prop variation. Like Rey's Flex; that had movie focus. The 'band-aid', although small, was a reasonable design change with a purpose. But then, it's also Disney, so that meant more crap merch to sell.

I take that personnally since I am a sabersnob at times  Tongue
I do not like thin necks. I don't care for ep3/4 kenobi's lightsaber or luke's green one.
I'm not a big fan of the different graflex hilts. In the saga. And I particularly don't like US version of those. So I most likely won't buy them.
I love kenobi's first lightsaber and I like more and more what US did with their version of it.
I love mace windu's hilt. Not a Big fan of US' version.
I love what they did with the fallen.
And I like both playing with and admiring the sabers.

So I can understand why someone would want a US version of their favorite movie hilt.
And as many people said, there is something for everyone on their catalog.
Agreed. I love my Archon 2.1. It is a terrific dueler. It bears a resemblance to Lukes, but by no means a replica. What I love most about the loose resemblance is that it can be anybody's saber. As a cosplayer, I have an aversion to a great cosplay being tainted by a saber that is recognizable as another character's.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8510 on: September 01, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »

Just adding my two bits...I'm perfectly fine with "inspired by", "a variation of", and "close enough".  A saber like the Archon 2 or the Graflex, they don't have to be exact carbon copies; I look at those and I can tell what they're supposed to be, and in my mind, they are.  Imagination fills in the details.  As for the Fallen, I've heard some complaints about how it's not 100% accurate, but the US design looks so damn good, I don't even care.

Doesn't have to be an exact replica.  Just make it a functional design that looks cool and I'm a happy guy.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #8511 on: September 01, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »

Just adding my two bits...I'm perfectly fine with "inspired by", "a variation of", and "close enough".  A saber like the Archon 2 or the Graflex, they don't have to be exact carbon copies; I look at those and I can tell what they're supposed to be, and in my mind, they are.  Imagination fills in the details.  As for the Fallen, I've heard some complaints about how it's not 100% accurate, but the US design looks so damn good, I don't even care.

Doesn't have to be an exact replica.  Just make it a functional design that looks cool and I'm a happy guy.
I agree about the fallen. I would even say, their version looks better than in the game =p
I want a close to perfect replica on my favourite hilts. But if I was a dueler, I would never put my replicas through a fight. So a close approximation would do it!

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8512 on: September 01, 2020, 03:35:12 PM »

That’s my point exactly, close enough is good enough. I don’t want a perfect replica of the Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber, I want something that’s close, that can be dueled with, that I’m not afraid of damaging.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8513 on: September 01, 2020, 04:03:33 PM »

My beef with the Fallen was the damned weight of the emitter. That saber is a beast. And I should know, I own some beastly sabers. However, I love when a US design can be easily modified. Like this one:

This was a mod done BaliMawr. I think the Cat emitter looks infinitely better, but that's also because I'm not a fan of emitter shrouds.

I agree about the fallen. I would even say, their version looks better than in the game =p
I want a close to perfect replica on my favourite hilts. But if I was a dueler, I would never put my replicas through a fight. So a close approximation would do it!
That's also because the saber from the game is a broken staff, so it's ratty looking.

That’s my point exactly, close enough is good enough. I don’t want a perfect replica of the Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber, I want something that’s close, that can be dueled with, that I’m not afraid of damaging.
So you're just looking for an Archon 4.1 with a black pineapple grip versus the ringed grip of Luke's? I don't see that being too much of a stretch.

Sorry if it sounded like I was singling you out, but I do get really tired of hearing THAT suggestion over and over.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #8514 on: September 01, 2020, 05:52:09 PM »

Yeah, it is broken in the game. But it's more than that. The moment I could, I started swapping parts. But the crimson or LE Fallen?? Damn beauties.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #8515 on: September 01, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »

My beef with the Fallen was the damned weight of the emitter. That saber is a beast. And I should know, I own some beastly sabers. However, I love when a US design can be easily modified. Like this one:

Dr. Frankensaber? Nice creations!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8516 on: September 01, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »

Not mine. But now I rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllyyyyy want a Fallen with a Cat emitter.

Sig by For Tyeth

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #8517 on: September 02, 2020, 05:32:46 AM »

So you're just looking for an Archon 4.1 with a black pineapple grip versus the ringed grip of Luke's?
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Nothing fancy, just a slight alteration.
I don't see that being too much of a stretch.

Sorry if it sounded like I was singling you out, but I do get really tired of hearing THAT suggestion over and over.

No worries bro, I understand. I’ll try to only post about it say once a month.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8518 on: September 02, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Nothing fancy, just a slight alteration.
I wish you would have phrased it like that. "I would like to see linear grooves cut through the rings of the Archon v3.1 to better resemble Obi Wan's saber." This actually indicates a method to your thought process; not just "I want an Obi Wan hilt." BUT, they may not go for it because it is my opinion that the Arbiter is the "Obi Wan". No it doesn't strongly resemble it, but it borrows elements from it.

No worries bro, I understand. I’ll try to only post about it say once a month.
That's still a lot. -_-

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8519 on: September 02, 2020, 04:59:59 PM »

So you're just looking for an Archon 4.1 with a black pineapple grip versus the ringed grip of Luke's? I don't see that being too much of a stretch.

Hello Logos and BlindJedi,

In April I posted these Blender 3D designs inspired by Kenobi's hilt...

not totally accurate or anything but it shows what might be possible.

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: