Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946133 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3615 on: May 13, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »

Interesting to note that the top Three are all the Beginnings of their respective trilogies.
This was my observation as well. The first installments are always the public's litmus test for interest in the new trilogy. Pretty much it's only the die-hards that are still pushing hard to see the endings.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3616 on: May 13, 2020, 09:05:14 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3617 on: May 18, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3618 on: May 19, 2020, 06:12:40 AM »

Don't know if I've mentioned my fan theory or not, but I have a theory that Yoda's species come from either Kashyyyk or a planet in the same system as Kashyyyk. It is based on two things. The first is that line. "Good relations with the wookiees I have". And the second is the fact that when Yoda goes into exile, he goes to Degobah. Yes, Degobah is a very strong planet in the Force, but he wouldn't necessarily go live there unless he for some reason had was acclimated to swamp/jungle areas. The swamp/jungle thing makes sense, because he is basically a frog so there is also that. But what if there are just very few of Yoda's species around, or maybe they are a very reserved species, and that is why there are only 3 seen in canon (and only one or two others in Legends). Maybe they do live on Kashyyyk, but the short amount of time we were on Kashyyyk in ROTS was just a huge battle, and it is possible that they were all in hiding, or that they live in a different part of the planet.

Just some nighttime, stressed about school ramblings...

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3619 on: May 19, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

Don't know if I've mentioned my fan theory or not, but I have a theory that Yoda's species come from either Kashyyyk or a planet in the same system as Kashyyyk. It is based on two things. The first is that line. "Good relations with the wookiees I have". And the second is the fact that when Yoda goes into exile, he goes to Degobah. Yes, Degobah is a very strong planet in the Force, but he wouldn't necessarily go live there unless he for some reason had was acclimated to swamp/jungle areas. The swamp/jungle thing makes sense, because he is basically a frog so there is also that. But what if there are just very few of Yoda's species around, or maybe they are a very reserved species, and that is why there are only 3 seen in canon (and only one or two others in Legends). Maybe they do live on Kashyyyk, but the short amount of time we were on Kashyyyk in ROTS was just a huge battle, and it is possible that they were all in hiding, or that they live in a different part of the planet.

Just some nighttime, stressed about school ramblings...
1) He has good relations with the Wookiees because he's only a couple years younger than dirt, and he's been around.
2) He went to Dagobah because it is strong in the Force. That way anyone,...oh, I don't know, of a "sinister nature", looking for him wouldn't just happen by whatever planet and sense Yoda's immense power. Dagobah's strength would obscure it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3620 on: May 19, 2020, 05:45:26 PM »

1) He has good relations with the Wookiees because he's only a couple years younger than dirt, and he's been around.
2) He went to Dagobah because it is strong in the Force. That way anyone,...oh, I don't know, of a "sinister nature", looking for him wouldn't just happen by whatever planet and sense Yoda's immense power. Dagobah's strength would obscure it.

Shhh.. I know these things already, I just like my theory, and found ways for it to fit.
1) Obvi. But when he was younger than dirt he lived on a planet called Kashyyyk, and as he grew to be the same age as dirt, he would return from time to time, and when he became older than dirt, he had good relations with the Wookiees.
2) There are plenty of other "strong with the Force" planets out there that he could've chosen. Yet he chose a slimy swamp to call his home. Maybe because he likes jungle/swamp planets because he was born on one (Kashyyyk).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3621 on: May 19, 2020, 06:23:36 PM »

Shhh.. I know these things already, I just like my theory, and found ways for it to fit.
1) Obvi. But when he was younger than dirt he lived on a planet called Kashyyyk, and as he grew to be the same age as dirt, he would return from time to time, and when he became older than dirt, he had good relations with the Wookiees.
You need to learn what that phrase means. Grin

It's actually not that difficult to understand. Yoda's species are long lived, so are Wookiees. SO it makes sense that the Wookiees that are running Kashyyyk were already around when Yoda was young, and they effectively bonded over the centuries.

2) There are plenty of other "strong with the Force" planets out there that he could've chosen. Yet he chose a slimy swamp to call his home. Maybe because he likes jungle/swamp planets because he was born on one (Kashyyyk).
Or MAYBE it was inhospitable and therefore unlikely to be made into a dwelling. I fear they will eventually address this in Mando.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3622 on: May 19, 2020, 06:45:26 PM »

You need to learn what that phrase means. Grin

I assume you're talking about "older than dirt"? Because if so, I do know what it means. I was just having fun.

It's actually not that difficult to understand. Yoda's species are long lived, so are Wookiees. SO it makes sense that the Wookiees that are running Kashyyyk were already around when Yoda was young, and they effectively bonded over the centuries.
Or MAYBE it was inhospitable and therefore unlikely to be made into a dwelling. I fear they will eventually address this in Mando.

As for these other things, I will quote myself.

Also, technically, though the Wookiees are long lived, they are not nearly as long lived as Yoda. Wookieepedia says the average lifespan of a Wookiee is "over 400 standard years". Yoda is 900 years old. When Yoda was "young", he would have been 100-300 years old. That is still 200+ years before Tarfull was born. Chewbacca was born 200 BBY. It is improbable that there are any Wookiees left that are old enough to remember a "young" Yoda.

And what would make Yoda want to have "good relations with the wookiees" if he had not come from somewhere near the Wookiees (like Kashyyyk). You cannot disprove my theory.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3623 on: May 19, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »

I assume you're talking about "older than dirt"? Because if so, I do know what it means. I was just having fun.
Tongue

Also, technically, though the Wookiees are long lived, they are not nearly as long lived as Yoda. Wookieepedia says the average lifespan of a Wookiee is "over 400 standard years". Yoda is 900 years old. When Yoda was "young", he would have been 100-300 years old. That is still 200+ years before Tarfull was born. Chewbacca was born 200 BBY. It is improbable that there are any Wookiees left that are old enough to remember a "young" Yoda.
Actually, there are probably plenty of Wookiees left that remember Yoda. The Empire didn't kill them; they enslaved them. Regardless of how old Yoda was when he met them, there would be plenty of Wookiees whose lifespans overlap with Yoda's. It doesn't take that long for a Wookiee to bond. Just look at Han and Chewie.

And what would make Yoda want to have "good relations with the wookiees" if he had not come from somewhere near the Wookiees (like Kashyyyk). You cannot disprove my theory.
They know how to throw one helluva kegger, and Yoda is that one guy that just makes a party. Tongue Grin

Seriously, Yoda has been a leading member of the Jedi Council for centuries, and by extension has had countless political dealings with numerous species. Doubtless it is one of the innumerable backstories that have never been fleshed out. Proximity doesn't always equate to good relations. If I'm not mistaken, Trandosha is in the same system as Kashyyyk. Wookiees and Trandoshans hate each other practically on a genetic level.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3624 on: May 19, 2020, 07:40:22 PM »

Actually, there are probably plenty of Wookiees left that remember Yoda. The Empire didn't kill them; they enslaved them. Regardless of how old Yoda was when he met them, there would be plenty of Wookiees whose lifespans overlap with Yoda's. It doesn't take that long for a Wookiee to bond. Just look at Han and Chewie.
They know how to throw one helluva kegger, and Yoda is that one guy that just makes a party. Tongue Grin

He said that remember a "Young Yoda" .  Any Wookies Alive by the OT would have known Yoda when he was at least in his 500s or so.  None are alive that knew him when he was 100-200.  Which leads to a question many have asked but I dunno if we have discussed it.  The Child is 50 and still a toddler basically...But Yoda began training Jedi at 100.   So...does Yoda's Species go through a long child hood and rapidly mature after 50...or is The Child stunted from being passed around from Merc to Merc.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3625 on: May 19, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »

He said that remember a "Young Yoda" .  Any Wookies Alive by the OT would have known Yoda when he was at least in his 500s or so. 
700 is younger than 900.

Which leads to a question many have asked but I dunno if we have discussed it.  The Child is 50 and still a toddler basically...But Yoda began training Jedi at 100.   So...does Yoda's Species go through a long child hood and rapidly mature after 50...or is The Child stunted from being passed around from Merc to Merc.
Yoda began at 100. This could also be interpreted as "youngling" of 100 years of age. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3626 on: May 19, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »

700 is younger than 900.
Yoda began at 100. This could also be interpreted as "youngling" of 100 years of age. Undecided

But its not "Young".... meaning Knight or Padawan Yoda.   

Yoda told Luke "For 800 years have I trained Jedi..."  That would indicate he took a Padawan at 100.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3627 on: May 19, 2020, 11:07:34 PM »

Yoda told Luke "For 800 years have I trained Jedi..."  That would indicate he took a Padawan at 100.

While I agree with you, and think this is what happened, the argument could be made that "trained Jedi" just meant he taught a lesson to them. Look at Ahsoka in TCW. She "trained" the 5 younglings, and also occasionally would teach the younglings different lessons she had learned (like after she lost her lightsaber and got it back).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3628 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »

Neither is 50, but we all agree that the Child is a "baby".

And despite being 200, did we ever look at Chewie as "middle-aged" or "old"?

Yeah. Dammit

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3629 on: May 21, 2020, 09:07:57 AM »

Neither is 50, but we all agree that the Child is a "baby".
]

and that precisely is my point.  He ACTS like a baby.... but perhaps he should be a teenager in mindset by now.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: