Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292184 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8295 on: August 10, 2020, 07:09:00 PM »

Always listen to the engineers. NASA learnt that the hard way.

Anyway. *inhale*

If your business happens to use computer as the primary method of getting work done, then perhaps, just MAYBE MAYBE you should know some BASIC operations of how windows work so we can avoid situations where persons will not, for example, call us to yell for half an hour about how you cant get work done because your desktop shortcut to Outlook is gone after you ordered a new computer. MAYBE you could do that yourself instead of incurring a $75 bill for me to right click something for you.

BONUS ROUND: "I want someone onsite RIGHT NOW who WONT USE google!". Excuse me, youre right I'm a terrible technician for not knowing FROM THE TOP OF MY HEAD literally every issue you could possibly have on one of the most complicated devices ever devised by human minds as well as the solution to every one of those problems. But you know what? For the heck of it sure, I went, I saw, I fixed your user-level issue without google because you thought waiting 5 whole minutes for a computer to boot up fully was a CRITICAL issue.

IF YOU OUTSOURCE YOUR ENTIRE IT DEPARTMENT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF HOW WINDOWS FUNCTIONS, IM NOT ASKING FOR YOU TO TAKE A CLASS I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHERE THE START BUTTON IS WITHOUT HOLDING THEIR HAND
Sadly my profession as a drafter is dependent upon computers. But I have a frickin' awesome IT guy. And trust me, I charge exorbitant rates for assistance. More so for doing $#!% that most are perfectly capable of doing themselves.

And I have you beat. We recently had an extrusion die revised. The die maker screwed it up by not using the latest drawing revision. They made it correct 4 copies ago, but not the last 3 because "they weren't sure if we were going to keep the new revision." YOU DUMB $#!%s. If I wasn't going to keep that profile, I WOULDN'T HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS OF DOCUMENTING A REVISION. So with all the cool intellect my boss (with a Napoleon complex) and the former die shop manager (who is nothing but indecisive paranoia anymore) can muster, they decide the best thing to do to correct the situation is to NOT revise anything anymore. Every time a die has ANY change to it, it get a NEW DIE #.

I swear to God almighty the world is getting dumber by the day, and nobody cares.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8296 on: August 10, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »

Spent a good part of today taking inventory or what my oldest has for college supplies so I can get him what he needs before he moves back in the dorms....also had to order the senior portraits for my 17 year old.

I've said it before, this "solo parenting" thing is gonna take a long time to get used to...

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8297 on: August 10, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »

Sadly my profession as a drafter is dependent upon computers. But I have a frickin' awesome IT guy. And trust me, I charge exorbitant rates for assistance. More so for doing $#!% that most are perfectly capable of doing themselves.

And I have you beat. We recently had an extrusion die revised. The die maker screwed it up by not using the latest drawing revision. They made it correct 4 copies ago, but not the last 3 because "they weren't sure if we were going to keep the new revision." YOU DUMB $#!%s. If I wasn't going to keep that profile, I WOULDN'T HAVE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS OF DOCUMENTING A REVISION. So with all the cool intellect my boss (with a Napoleon complex) and the former die shop manager (who is nothing but indecisive paranoia anymore) can muster, they decide the best thing to do to correct the situation is to NOT revise anything anymore. Every time a die has ANY change to it, it get a NEW DIE #.

I swear to God almighty the world is getting dumber by the day, and nobody cares.

Always good to hear people appreciating IT. Its sadly a profession that everyone "loves" their IT until something breaks.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8298 on: August 10, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »

Always good to hear people appreciating IT. Its sadly a profession that everyone "loves" their IT until something breaks.
Oh no. I hated my IT department until the Great K returned.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8299 on: August 17, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »

You ever had a Monday so bad that it started on Sunday, and you knew it was going to linger into Tuesday?

Sig by For Tyeth

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #8300 on: August 17, 2020, 09:41:02 PM »

Got clipped by another driver on my way home from work last Tuesday (08/11/2020) - Other driver was at fault and got a ticket for it, his insurance has me in a rental while the fate of my car is in limbo.
He was in a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder (SUV/Crossover thing) and I was in my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis... his car is toast, had to be towed, was puking fluids (antifreeze, oil, washer fluid) all over the pavement.  Mine has a nice crunched up passenger side front quarter, headlight, hood, grill and I can't open the passenger front door because of the way the quarter panel now overlaps the door...
I'm praying like crazy they can fix my car, but I doubt they can or will, pretty sure the damage exceeds the value of the car... problem is, if they give me what they think it's worth, I won't be able to afford something to replace it, I can't manage adding a car payment to the budget right now, and anything in the price range I'm probably going to be offered will require a buttload of work to make it legal to drive, which is more expense...

I hate this limbo of not knowing... I just want to put this behind me and move forward with my life.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8301 on: August 18, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »

Got clipped by another driver on my way home from work last Tuesday (08/11/2020) - Other driver was at fault and got a ticket for it, his insurance has me in a rental while the fate of my car is in limbo.
He was in a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder (SUV/Crossover thing) and I was in my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis... his car is toast, had to be towed, was puking fluids (antifreeze, oil, washer fluid) all over the pavement.  Mine has a nice crunched up passenger side front quarter, headlight, hood, grill and I can't open the passenger front door because of the way the quarter panel now overlaps the door...
I'm praying like crazy they can fix my car, but I doubt they can or will, pretty sure the damage exceeds the value of the car... problem is, if they give me what they think it's worth, I won't be able to afford something to replace it, I can't manage adding a car payment to the budget right now, and anything in the price range I'm probably going to be offered will require a buttload of work to make it legal to drive, which is more expense...

I hate this limbo of not knowing... I just want to put this behind me and move forward with my life.

Ah, yes... the perils of driving a “paid-for” vehicle.  Both of mine are in the same boat, except for the fact that (as of this moment) they have not been crunched by driver stupidity (either my own or someone else’s), but I consider that possibility every time I get behind the wheel, knowing that my vehicle is worth far more to ME than it would be to an insurance company, even setting aside my deductible.

Rough situation, sir.  Stinks all around, but since you made no mention of injuries, I will assume there were none, and be happy for that.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #8302 on: August 19, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »

So this is my back yard right now (midnight). We have been evacuated. I've got to find some place else to sleep tonight.  How is your night going?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #8303 on: August 19, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »

Check out this time lapse.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1296004308186480640

Notice the lack of helicopters dropping water? Yeah, they are all in SoCal fighting that big fire. I didn't leave my house. It looks like Mordor is in my back yard right now. I meant Mustafar.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8304 on: August 19, 2020, 11:52:15 AM »

Ooof, I hope all is well on your end of the world Kaiser. Take care and I hope and you and your family stay safe

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8305 on: August 19, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »

Wow... keep us posted, man, and stay safe!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8306 on: August 19, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »

Ok, that isn't "clipped". That is what we call in the biz "#$%&ed up."

Sig by For Tyeth

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #8307 on: August 19, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »

Ooof, I hope all is well on your end of the world Kaiser. Take care and I hope and you and your family stay safe

We're good!
Wow... keep us posted, man, and stay safe!

The fire started about 20 miles north of me. Then it came south towards us. Then around 3 am the wind picked up and the fire moved south east, away from us. So around 4:30 am, my house was surrounded by fire. Looked scary but we have gotten lucky so far. It was 80 degrees all night and is around 100 right now. Everything thing in my house smells like I took it camping.  I hope the wind keeps blowing the same direction for a few more days!
 Thanks for your sympathy.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8308 on: August 20, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »

Stay safe Kaiser!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #8309 on: August 20, 2020, 11:43:19 PM »

Stay safe Kaiser!

Thank you my friend.  We should be okay as long as the wind doesn't change direction.  It came way too close for comfort.  We have our car all packed up and ready to leave.  The real rant or venting  for me is this... I took my truck in for routine maintenance on Monday. I have no vehicle right now. So some of our personal effects that we would normally pack we can't. Without my truck we don't have space for everything.  Do I take my cats and leave the photo albums and computers? Or do I take them all and pack no clothes for myself? Tuff choices. I'm taking the cats, photos and computers.  I need a new wardrobe anyways. My fashion sense sucks!

This picture is two hours before sunset yesterday.

This is a picture my wife took last night in the backyard. Her camera is so much better than mine. Notice the fox.

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: