Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Second Autumn Raffle Winners 2013  (Read 34189 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2013, 06:25:03 AM »

As always a very good review,  thanks! Gotta say for some folks who are not that familar, or unsure about what to get they should watch some of your video reviews because they' ve proven to be very knowledgeable and not opinionated

Thanks!  I'm glad people find my reviews helpful and informative.  I approach each review as if no one has seen any of my other reviews.  That's why I try to mention things like where the batteries are and to get a charger for the Lithium setup and how I tend to go with 32" blades instead of the usual 36" ones in each review. I never assume someone has seen an earlier saber review of mine.

Excellent video! I entered the raffle by ordering a few sabers and got a Prophecy for myself. I completely agree that it's an excellent hilt! Mine is in VA and I'm thinking BH might have been an even more brilliant choice! I love it. I think it will be my go to accessory for any costumes in the future.

Thanks Shelly!  I did consider VA for my Prophecy, but I already have a Manticore in VA and I liked the way BH looked on the Prophecy hilt in my head.  It turns out I had imagined it perfectly.  BH is now probably my second favorite color behind GB.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:31:24 AM by Prowl 1701 » Logged

jealous37
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »

I was a second place winner and the guys at US must be mind readers because I was really hoping I'd end up with a Graflex as my prize and they delivered. They sent me a Graflex SE in Guardian Blue with bronze buttons.  As with all of the sabers I have from US, it's beautiful.

IMG_0784 by jealous37, on Flickr

IMG_0783 by jealous37, on Flickr

IMG_0785 by jealous37, on Flickr

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »

Looks great, jealous! Congratulations Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

NexusWulf
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »

I was a second place winner and the guys at US must be mind readers because I was really hoping I'd end up with a Graflex as my prize and they delivered. They sent me a Graflex SE in Guardian Blue with bronze buttons.  As with all of the sabers I have from US, it's beautiful.

wow that is one lucky pull gratz on your saber and im pretty jealous. Wink

Today's victory is tomorrows future, so fight hard and push forward to a new morning.

sabers owned:
Shock LE/ manticore emitter-AB
Aeon 2X-VA
Consular-BR
Guardian-CG

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2013, 01:40:10 AM »

Oh wow, a Graflex! I am jealous 38 times over!  That's a sweet second place prize you got there!!! Smiley

Fishminer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2013, 02:53:03 AM »

I guess I'm a little late to the party but I got held up with thanksgiving activities. Anywho, I'm a 4th place winner woo! I ordered a guardian with sound for a christmas present and did it earlier than anticipated because raffle that's why. Well I guess I ended up with a little christmas present for myself! The grab bag saber ended up being a black prophecy. And now, pics

grab bag saber

the guardian order that got me the prize woo!

billjobaker13
Force Sensitive

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »

I am so excited to be a fourth place winner! I order an emerald saber for my other half for his birthday, and won a grab bag saber as well!! I am still waiting for both to arrive, but we are both super excited! Smiley

Megaradcooljedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2013, 06:31:08 AM »

Prowl, as much as I hate being a copy cat, I think my next saber is going to be a prophecy in BH. it's seriously such a sweet saber! Also soon I'll be doing a combat review for my Reapers. So look forward to it! Lol

auckland614
Force Sensitive

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2013, 06:45:49 AM »

My Azure Reaper Emerald saber with my fourth prize grab bag Aeon v3.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:51:51 AM by auckland614 » Logged

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

My Azure Reaper Emerald saber with my fourth prize grab bag Aeon v3.

That's a nice pair of sabers you have there!

Prowl, as much as I hate being a copy cat, I think my next saber is going to be a prophecy in BH. it's seriously such a sweet saber! Also soon I'll be doing a combat review for my Reapers. So look forward to it! Lol

One thing I like about the Prophecy is that IMO it is one of those sabers that looks good in any color, much like the Bellicose.  I really love mine in BH, it's my favorite one that I own now, and would recommend it to anyone.  I'm thinking about getting another one in GB with a blue AV switch and I want a Dark Prophecy, I'm just not sure whether to go BR in MG or SRD in UE with it.

lsdelaosa
Force Sensitive

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2013, 01:01:26 AM »

Third place, Aeon v3, blue, lithium setup.  It's super-sharp for spinning and no sound card makes it welcome in classes like what the NY Jedi do.  I've a poor-student friend with no sabers at all, and I plan to gift it to her.

Picture in the URL; SkyDrive is being annoying for inline linking.

http://sdrv.ms/KajHBo

enoled01
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »

im sure its silly to ask but what was the competition for and how do i sign up Smiley?!

Sabers:
Dominix v3 GB flash AB
Pantom v2 CG (in progress)

Hibyrd
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 37

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 11:49:48 AM »

Not silly at all. Deep and Ultrasabers have done a few raffles in the past. When they do one, Deep will post an announcement, like this most recent one:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17007.0

You are left to simply follow the ruls in the post and keep your fingers crossed. And that's it. I entered 3 of the raffles and won prizes on 2 of them. It was awesome!  Hopefully another one comes around early in the new year and you can try your luck!

Bellicose RGB
Archon V2.1 CG Obsidian w/Foc Orange
Malice BR Obsidian w/Foc Orange
Prophecy CE V2 BR
Liberator AB
Dark Standard Issue Staff GB
Dominix v2 LE FO
Manticore Emerald RGBW
Dominix v2 AS
Crimson Reaper AB Obsisian w/FOC silver
Initiate

enoled01
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »

Wow thanks I cant wait and congrats on your wins

Sabers:
Dominix v3 GB flash AB
Pantom v2 CG (in progress)

DARTH FULLISITH
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -14

Jedi fear the unknown. Sith fear nothing... DS plz

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »

I won a 2 channel emerald Manticore saber in the Autumn 2 raffle. The colors set up were red and blue

with white FOC. The saber had a hole on the reverse side from the switch which I just plugged with a

rubber grommet. The LED had a strange flickering that would go away after a minute or so. I did a temp

test and this flickering saber was getting hotter than other sabers that were operational for the same

period of time, so I started thinking maybe blade melt might occur Or worse, total Obsidian meltdown.

I tried the overdrive levels and such within the Obsidian program to try to fix the flicker, alas it

did not. At first I had changed it to a solid Violet Amethyst color without pulse (through the

program) and it seemed to have fixed the flicker. After charging batteries AGAIN it came back again. I

finally figured out it was the red LED that was the problem so I rewired the red to green and now have

an awesome old republic school looking SRD that pulses from a pastel green to light blueish green.

Nice.

The Monarch in VA was a bit blue for my liking so I rewired that to SRD with red FOC before rewiring

the Manticore to SRD, and after fixing the Manticore realized I didn't want two similar colors so

rewired the Monarch again with slightly less resistance to achieve a better amethyst color and wired

up green for FOC.

The Dark War Glaive WAS FO (Amber) but it was gay so I replaced the LED with an RGBW (just happens

that I had a few of these) and went BR with AB FOC. I also ordered this saber with the covertec wheel

installed on the opposite side (ordered in the description) however it didn't happen.

The Manticore and the Dark War Glaive both had a slight gap between the emitter and hilt that wouldn't

fully bottom out when tightened into place that would result in a rattle from the MLS unit so I made

two leather washers and problem solved. Heat distribution happens around the leather through the

threaded parts.

I installed an RGBW LED and rewired the Graflex as AB with BR FOC. I also replaced the gold buttons with some blue crystals.

I only have latching LED AV switches in different colors atm but the LED momentary switches cost next to nothing so will install a green one in the Manticore at some stage.

Oh yeah and I just ended up threading some black leather thong through the Monarch's sound vents for costume belt attachment and used the D-ring on the central hole of the Manticore with a drop of Permatex Threadlocker Red on the screw thread.

Will definitely be playing around more with different resistors to achieve different colors from non

Emerald driven sabers.

I also purchased a black coupler with vents so I can connect the Raven SS and the Dark War Glaive to make a cool Sith double bladed saber when the Raven is in red mode to match the War Glaive.

Have been very busy elsewhere so I guess I took my sweet time in posting this.

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/7_zps1ae4d589.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/6_zps4ea9edef.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/5_zpsd6318229.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/4-1_zps0c4cad98.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/4-2_zpsd280d29e.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/4_zpsedd0544a.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/3_zps3a0be52a.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/2_zps40d66f33.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s861.photobucket.com/user/merciful_fate/media/1_zps7b663d68.jpg.html]

2 Initiate v3 Modded CG GB FOC+GB CG FOC Raven RGB SS Y/AVS AS FOC Added Emitter Vents Dark War Glaive BR O/AVS AB FOC Graflex CE AB B/AVS BR FOC Monarch VA B/AVS CG FOC Manticore 2 Ch. Emerald SRD-CG AS FOC Chosen One CE BR SY FOC - All Obsidian
Dominix V3 FO

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: