Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Some Saber Designs  (Read 13635 times)
lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 12:52:54 AM »

Firstly, the saber you did is sweet. It's like you took an SI's profile and detailed it into a Hero style hilt. I love it.

Secondly, oh... my... word!  Shocked Your S3 is BEAUTIFUL! The little swoop addition you put on the top of the basket next to the emitter is great, as is the way you swooped the end of the basket near the pommel! THAT is a basket hilt! So awesome!

Thirdly, I like your S1 alot as well. You cleaned up the top half of the hilt nicely from my sketch, and your lower grips are different but I like them too. They really carry through some of the elegant yet skeletal look I was going for in the concept. I think my favorite thing about your version though is the 'doubled up' pommel, with the weathervane piece and the D-Ring on the bottom. That pommel just looks so cool!

I think I might have to go back tonight and make some revisions of my own now. You've given me an idea or two for an S4.2.... and perhaps an S4.3 or S5. NICE sketches!
Haha, well, when those are done, let's see if I can't make them even more awesome as well!
But in all seriousness, I tend to draw better when it's another person's creation. I don't know why, but it just works.
For the S3 I thought: Hmm, who'd use a basket-hilted Lightsaber? Surely not a Sith, but a Jedi perhaps, considering how elegant some of the personal lightsabers and styles are. So I decided to make it more elegant and added a bit to it.

The S1 reminded me (in a way) of a combination of Galen Marek's first Lightsaber (The Starkiller) and Luke's ROTJ saber, so I wanted to emphasize the contrast and awesomeness of both. The Double pommel wasn't even an afterthought; I didn't notice I had made two until I took the picture! XD to be honest, though the S1 required quite a bit of erasing, since I was doing it with a combo of ruler and freehand. Eventually I realized Freehand wasn't going to cut it, and had to resort to the ruler again.

If anyone else wants me to draw something of theirs, message me on here, deviantart, whatever, and we'll see what I can do!

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »

Well, I'll be sure and post any more designs I do. lol Thanks again!

It's funny you say that about the S1, as that's basically what I was thinking sketching it, only I was thinking a combination of Obi-Wan's Ep IV and Luke's Ep IV, as those were the designs I pulled the original 'placeholder' concept sabers for the character from, but it's really the same difference as those sabers all parallel each other. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »

real quick since i heard that basket hilt thing.

the one on the left is 1 1/2" ring so would probably fit a hilt with some minor modding.

That is sweet looking, but hard to tell how big it is and if it would interfere with dueling at all.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »

An update for you all! Still probably a long ways off from being built, and though this thing is usually near to my thoughts, I'm okay with that. I have lots of shiny ultrasabers to keep me happy. Smiley BUT... I used the TCSS saberbuilder thingamajig on their site to work up a render of a shroud-less S4.2! Actually, I did 2 renders of it. The upper is the intended design, and the lower is a backup I did because I wasn't sure if I could pack everything I want into the space afforded by the original. Anyways... what do ya'll think of her?  Grin

P.S. As before, you guys are welcome to use any idea from my sketches that strikes your fancy EXCEPT for the S4 series. That's my baby, I've worked on her on and off for years, and she's mine. Wink Drool at your leisure though. lol

I am not a color...

Jenny
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 56

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »

ImpKnight.... what is it, where did you find it, and how can I get one?  Grin

The SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) uses rattan batons in place of steel swords for their heavy armor combat style.  What you're looking at there are basket hilts designed for that.  You can find some pretty ornate ones, if you poke around a bit.  Just do a search for "SCA basket hilt" or "rattan basket hilt."

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »

The SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) uses rattan batons in place of steel swords for their heavy armor combat style.  What you're looking at there are basket hilts designed for that.  You can find some pretty ornate ones, if you poke around a bit.  Just do a search for "SCA basket hilt" or "rattan basket hilt."

I should also add that the basket hilts can be picked up for either hand, which is very important...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »

OH I wanna Play too!! Grin

No names on any of them yet and they also a long way off.  I am thinking a Padawan, knight, master progression(mostly based on cost and improving skill level). I was thinking adding custom grips(tennis/leather/cord) to the fist two and all three ideas would have a D-ring pommel.  Of course who knows when these will happen. Just having fun for now.    

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

Like the first and third ones Duff. Especially the third. The powder coating on the maul style emitter looks sick, as does the gold grenade grip.

BTW guys, I forgot to mention, when I did the render here.... I redesigned my shroud some. Think S4 meets Bellicose. Looks totally BA. Grin

I am not a color...

Jenny
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:16 AM »

May I suggest turning off the threads display when using TCSS' MHS builder to illustrate your ideas?

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 02:01:56 AM »

lol Good point, Jenny. Took me awhile before I noticed that little button. Makes for a cleaner render if you turn the threads off at the end. Also, you can eliminate some frustrations with the thing when building side by side if you turn off the auto snap feature. Darned builder kept trying to put my parts from hilt 2 on hilt 1 because they were too close together. lol

I am not a color...

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »

Well, if we're sharing our dream builds, I might as well join.

A saber for a rogue/smuggler character.

These were ideas for a Sith character.  They would have to be Pyrestone Orange and DVA.

Tuskan Raider saber.  One of those BA long-hilted sabers.

An early idea I had for a wookiee saber.

Jedi Sage lightsaber.  Again, rather huge.

A mix of the Sage and the Rogue designs above.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 02:22:37 AM »

how do you make them look like that, I can't get them to look like anything but like the threads are visible and such

Jenny
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 02:46:19 AM »

On the top bar of the thingie there's a check box that says "threads view" or "show threads" or something like that.  Take the check mark out.

I really like that Jedi Sage hilt... As a kendoka, I find that most lightsabre hilts are too short for my preferred grip, and I've been wanting to build a sabre that's at least 12" of grip area, not even counting chokes, emitter, or pommel.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 03:56:46 AM »

Man, Kaiden really does think Wookie for every saber..... lol

I am not a color...

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »

May I suggest turning off the threads display when using TCSS' MHS builder to illustrate your ideas?

errr uh I meant to do that.... Grin

Well, if we're sharing our dream builds, I might as well join.

A saber for a rogue/smuggler character.

These were ideas for a Sith character.  They would have to be Pyrestone Orange and DVA.

Tuskan Raider saber.  One of those BA long-hilted sabers.

An early idea I had for a wookiee saber.

Jedi Sage lightsaber.  Again, rather huge.

A mix of the Sage and the Rogue designs above.

I am really digging the pair of Sith sabers.

On the top bar of the thingie there's a check box that says "threads view" or "show threads" or something like that.  Take the check mark out.

I really like that Jedi Sage hilt... As a kendoka, I find that most lightsabre hilts are too short for my preferred grip, and I've been wanting to build a sabre that's at least 12" of grip area, not even counting chokes, emitter, or pommel.

"Thingie"  is that a technical term?   Grin

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: