Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 947409 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2505 on: January 09, 2018, 10:25:20 PM »

ho k. So.....

How is it that Princess Leia is a "princess" when her foster father is only a senator? ô¿o

How is her birth mother, the Queen, a senator?

The titles may not represent the same thing as we know them in our humdrum world of unreachable stars and glamourless wars.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2506 on: January 09, 2018, 10:45:31 PM »

ho k. So.....

How is it that Princess Leia is a "princess" when her foster father is only a senator? ô¿o

She is of the Royal family of Aldaraan, that is all I know.

The titles may not represent the same thing as we know them in our humdrum world of unreachable stars and glamourless wars.

The Naboo elect their Queens, much like we American's do our presidents. Once their term expires, they get out of office. However, Padme just couldn't give up her power, so she became the next best thing (actually, the new queen asked her to be a senator, but I like my reason better). Grin

And you all know that stuff already.  Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2507 on: January 09, 2018, 10:48:22 PM »

ho k. So.....

He is Senator representing the Alderaan sector in the Galactic Senate...But is also a member (Prince) of the Alderaan Royal Family. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2508 on: January 10, 2018, 03:07:37 PM »

Because she didn't become a Senator until after her terms as queen. And after she was done, she no longer retained the title. She was Senator Amidala

He is Senator representing the Alderaan sector in the Galactic Senate...But is also a member (Prince) of the Alderaan Royal Family. 
I figured it might be in some background reading that I haven't seen yet. Being Sith, galactic politics don't interest me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #2509 on: January 10, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »

Because she didn't become a Senator until after her terms as queen. And after she was done, she no longer retained the title. She was Senator Amidala
I figured it might be in some background reading that I haven't seen yet. Being Sith, galactic politics don't interest me.

My point was an example of a Queen that became Senator, likened to Leia's adoptive father. Lucas had layers. Onions have layers. Lucas had layers.

The Sith are very political. Promising order. Palpatine may have made the most use of democratic politics and war as his machinations, but he is not the first. Even those that rule by power over other Sith are the essence of government throughout history.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2510 on: January 10, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »

My point was an example of a Queen that became Senator, likened to Leia's adoptive father. Lucas had layers. Onions have layers. Lucas had layers.

The Sith are very political. Promising order. Palpatine may have made the most use of democratic politics and war as his machinations, but he is not the first. Even those that rule by power over other Sith are the essence of government throughout history.
No Sidious played the system. There's a difference. Most Sith handle politics like Vader.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2511 on: January 10, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »

No Sidious played the system. There's a difference. Most Sith handle politics like Vader.

"This technological terror you have constructed is insignificant next to the power of the Force" (I'm pretty sure that's how it goes anyways)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2512 on: January 11, 2018, 01:42:40 AM »

ho k. So.....

She was always Daddy's Little Princess?
Or maybe because real mom was a "Queen," though I'm still foggy on how you elect a monarch... I dunno, George Lucas wrote it, so it's not supposed to make sense.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #2513 on: January 11, 2018, 01:46:44 AM »

Or maybe because real mom was a "Queen," though I'm still foggy on how you elect a monarch... I dunno, George Lucas wrote it, so it's not supposed to make sense.

Lucas has layers.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #2514 on: January 11, 2018, 01:57:47 AM »

Lucas has layers.

like an ogre. . . or a Hut. . .

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2515 on: January 11, 2018, 02:08:32 AM »

Like was said...Bail Organa was Prince of Alderaan and represented his sector in the senate.  There is such thing as an Elective Monarchy... In fact that used to be more common than a Hereditary Monarchy.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2516 on: January 11, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »

"This technological terror you have constructed is insignificant next to the power of the Force" (I'm pretty sure that's how it goes anyways)
Close.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

(I've seen that one a few times. Grin)

Ummmm.....................no. Besides Hamill asked when he met Prince William (I think) at the London premier. "If my mother was Queen Amidala, my father was Lord Vader, and my sister is Princess Leia, doesn't that make me royalty too?" Or something to that effect.

I'm sticking with Tepes' explanation. A prince is more than likely next in line. Kind of like how Prince Charles was never King. The line of succession passed over him onto his son.

Where's Casey when you need him?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2517 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:57 PM »

Close.

Ummmm.....................no. Besides Hamill asked when he met Prince William (I think) at the London premier. "If my mother was Queen Amidala, my father was Lord Vader, and my sister is Princess Leia, doesn't that make me royalty too?" Or something to that effect.

Nope...Amidala was an Elected Queen who served her term and stayed on as Senator...so no Royal Blood There.  "Lord" Vader was not a Royal Title...so no royal Blood there.  Leia was Princess by adoption..

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2518 on: January 11, 2018, 02:53:26 PM »

Nope...Amidala was an Elected Queen who served her term and stayed on as Senator...so no Royal Blood There.  "Lord" Vader was not a Royal Title...so no royal Blood there.  Leia was Princess by adoption..
I think Mark was simply making a joke.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2519 on: January 12, 2018, 12:19:31 AM »

Close.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Ah. My last viewing was the only time I ever actually thought to listen to that phrase, so it isn't hard to see why my memory did not work perfectly.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: