Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 460710 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1800 on: July 26, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »

Move out of the People's Republic of California, before they build a wall to keep y'all IN....

Personally, I like the Springfield XD in 9mm.  9mm is very affordable to shoot and still has adequate stopping power for self defense.  On the other hand, you're already limited to 10rd max capacity on your magazines, so you might as well go for the XD in .45APC or 10mm.  Its a little more expensive to shoot but you get a LOT more stopping power.  I am partial to the .45 but that's more due to my own experience than any objective measure.  10mm is a great round, too, I just don't have anything that shoots it.

The Springfield XD pistols are very good carry pistols, however.  Reliable, safe and easy to use.

Thanks. I was thinking an XD in .45 myself. And I despite the gun laws, I like California just fine thank you. Without getting political, what is it every one seems to dislike so much about California? Are you guys just jealous of the weather, amazing beaches and majestic Redwood forests?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1801 on: July 26, 2018, 07:00:52 PM »

Thanks. I was thinking an XD in .45 myself. And I despite the gun laws, I like California just fine thank you. Without getting political, what is it every one seems to dislike so much about California? Are you guys just jealous of the weather, amazing beaches and majestic Redwood forests?

Let me emphasize that, to me, guns themselves are not political. Discussing what laws exist isn't really political, either. But I understand, to many people, guns and gun laws have become inherently political, so I will just keep this statement as factual and opinion-free as I can while still explaining the reality of the situation:

In a thread full of firearms enthusiasts you cannot expect many of us to have kind words for a state that considers us felons. The simple fact is, whether you agree or not, the State of California would consider many of us vile criminals for owning the property we have posted in this thread. It doesn't matter that we are peaceful and never hurt a soul. To your government, and by extension, your fellow Californians, we are worthy of incarceration for a quarter century or more.

Obviously we disagree with that judgment, however we shouldn't be casting aspersions on anyone's state, so I will refrain from making any further anti-Cali comments and will ask everyone else to do the same.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1802 on: July 26, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »

Let me emphasize that, to me, guns themselves are not political. Discussing what laws exist isn't really political, either. But I understand, to many people, guns and gun laws have become inherently political, so I will just keep this statement as factual and opinion-free as I can while still explaining the reality of the situation:

In a thread full of firearms enthusiasts you cannot expect many of us to have kind words for a state that considers us felons. The simple fact is, whether you agree or not, the State of California would consider many of us vile criminals for owning the property we have posted in this thread. It doesn't matter that we are peaceful and never hurt a soul. To your government, and by extension, your fellow Californians, we are worthy of incarceration for a quarter century or more.

Obviously we disagree with that judgment, however we shouldn't be casting aspersions on anyone's state, so I will refrain from making any further anti-Cali comments and will ask everyone else to do the same.

Thank you very much. I'll be the first to admit our gun laws are insanely stupid. But there are more Californians that agree with that than you might think.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1803 on: July 26, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »

I'm thinking my next gun will be a Ruger EC9s. I want a pocket gun in 9mm, I was considering the Sig 365 but a few reviews out there showing broken firing pins and trigger springs. I have a Ruger LCP (.380) and it has treated me good. Most reviews on the ECP think it is the best striker for trigger or there, that has really caught my eye. The two downsides, it had a magazine safety, and the milled in fix sights. The sights don't bother me, the magazine safety I don't like but since it will be just a pocket pistol I think I can live with it. And the price, you can find them for $250!

Unless I can find a LC9s Pro for the same price. The pro has dove tail sights, no thumb safety and no magazine safety.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1804 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »

"I'm thinking my next FUN will be a Ruger EC9s."
I believe that was a typo but it fits so perfectly only you would know for sure. LOL!

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1805 on: July 26, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

I was considering the Sig 365 but a few reviews out there showing broken firing pins and trigger springs.

I'd recommend the Taurus G2C if you're looking for a Sig 365 typer of compact. I own several of them and they have been very reliable.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1806 on: July 27, 2018, 07:34:18 AM »

"I'm thinking my next FUN will be a Ruger EC9s."
I believe that was a typo but it fits so perfectly only you would know for sure. LOL!
Fun gun? I fixed it Smiley
I'd recommend the Taurus G2C if you're looking for a Sig 365 typer of compact. I own several of them and they have been very reliable.
Problem with the Taurus is that it is not an approved manufacturer for my department, and we have to qualify with anything we carry. Plus the Ruger is a little smaller in ever measurement.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #1807 on: July 29, 2018, 05:14:19 AM »

I did something kinda dumb, I bought a $45 revolver.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1808 on: July 29, 2018, 05:17:18 AM »

Cheesy Sounds like a deal.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1809 on: July 29, 2018, 05:17:59 AM »

Did you check to see if it was stolen?

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #1810 on: July 29, 2018, 05:35:55 AM »

It was from an FFL dealer with a good reputation, they ran the serial when it came into their shop. Its an Iver Johnson .32 with some condition issues (its only got about 60% nickel plating left and I am pretty sure that it wasn't original anyway, its missing the original scales, has some surface rust, and a fair bit of wear in the bore.) They took it in from the estate of a local man who passed away recently.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1811 on: July 29, 2018, 05:47:06 AM »

Its an Iver Johnson .32

Whoa, that's cool. Just make sure you have a post 1915 model. The ones before that were designed for black powder cartridges and cannot use modern smokeless powder rounds.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1812 on: July 29, 2018, 07:37:57 AM »

It was from an FFL dealer with a good reputation, they ran the serial when it came into their shop. Its an Iver Johnson .32 with some condition issues (its only got about 60% nickel plating left and I am pretty sure that it wasn't original anyway, its missing the original scales, has some surface rust, and a fair bit of wear in the bore.) They took it in from the estate of a local man who passed away recently.
Good deal! Sounds like a interesting piece.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #1813 on: July 29, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »

Whoa, that's cool. Just make sure you have a post 1915 model. The ones before that were designed for black powder cartridges and cannot use modern smokeless powder rounds.

it is an early model, so I will be hand loading lower pressure ammo.

Good deal! Sounds like a interesting piece.

I will take some pictures tonight, I don't buy guns from non-FFL dealers and I won't buy from some local FFL dealerss because they are kinda scummy.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1814 on: July 29, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »

I will take some pictures tonight, I don't buy guns from non-FFL dealers and I won't buy from some local FFL dealerss because they are kinda scummy.

be interested in seeing some pictures when you get them posted...
out of curiosity, is it a hammerless .32?  I love old break open revolvers, Iver-Johnson has always been one of those companies I'd love to have an old C&R pistol from.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: