Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: It's Ordered. a costume for sithy/not sithy jedi  (Read 12116 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2021, 05:39:46 PM »

Patience my friend - the boots will arrive and you will be astounded by them - I was with mine.

p.s. How do people get into the Saber Guild if they want to be Hondo Ohnaka?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, i hear ya.  Mayhap by my birthday.

Boots aside, it's fairly complete.

3 pouches, 4 food tubes, 1 covertec clip on the belt.  I may want to remake the backsleeve, I tried a softer leather that's too soft.

still have no place to hold a phone, which was another idea for the back sleeve to double-as a phone pouch (+bluetooth earpiece)

one "out there" idea I haven't seen made is a bluetooth "starwars" communicator.  The Wand Company made a Star Trek: TOS communicator, so that looks/works great with my TOS red shirt costume.  Something like that for SW would let you hide the phone, and pull out something authentic to make a call to track down an errant spouse Smiley

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2021, 12:51:50 AM »

Yeah, i hear ya.  Mayhap by my birthday.

Boots aside, it's fairly complete.

3 pouches, 4 food tubes, 1 covertec clip on the belt.  I may want to remake the backsleeve, I tried a softer leather that's too soft.

still have no place to hold a phone, which was another idea for the back sleeve to double-as a phone pouch (+bluetooth earpiece)

one "out there" idea I haven't seen made is a bluetooth "starwars" communicator.  The Wand Company made a Star Trek: TOS communicator, so that looks/works great with my TOS red shirt costume.  Something like that for SW would let you hide the phone, and pull out something authentic to make a call to track down an errant spouse Smiley

What about a Smart Watch disguised as a wrist comm or wrist link? You could set a smart watch's display/lock/home screen to look like Lando's wrist link he used to communicate.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2021, 02:09:45 AM »

Oooh yes! THAT!!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2021, 01:24:49 PM »

What about a Smart Watch disguised as a wrist comm or wrist link? You could set a smart watch's display/lock/home screen to look like Lando's wrist link he used to communicate.

Good idea, and interesting approach. I think Lando's one of the few to get a wristwatch-like comlink.  The Jedi had this little tab that stuck to their sleeve (even harder to make a good bluetooth mic/speaker out of).

I did find that the Disney Store has an $81 Imperial C1 Comlink (bluetooth).  Looks like what Luke used in ANH.  White, with white belt clip.

I found one person made their own bluetooth Comlink out of flash grips and stuff.  Otherwise, nothing but 3d printed props.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »

The custom boots from Gladiator-Polo.com arrived.  They got close to matching my belt color. $350, been wearing them for a couple days while I work (home deskjob) to break them in. Feel great.

I didn't like the fit of the FFA pants, so I went to Kohl's looking for Dockers.  Those were $66, and instead I found an unknown brand for $25 on the clearance rack with a light textured fabric, elastic waist, and pockets that hide well enough.  Failing that, Lee makes a trouser similar to dockers for half the price (got a pair of them for $30).  I recommend getting shorter than you typically buy, because these are going inside a calf-length boot and you're going to wrap the cuff around the calf to make it fit the boot.

Now for the pics.  At this point, unless some new idea comes, this outfit is done.

This was one of my more expensive cosplays, but it was mostly stimulus money and it went to small businesses. Solid, long lasting materials.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2021, 05:48:11 PM »

Hi Janx,

So pleased you like the boots, imho they are a big investment but look oh so good.
We'll be the best booted Jedi at any conventions we attend in the future!

Now I just need to improve my footwork for duelling and showing my boots off! point on the way for your outfit.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2021, 01:47:46 AM »

Well done, you!

I think you look superb. Any plans for a cloak? The outfit doesn't need it but I always think everything looks better with a cape or cloak…it's like bacon that way Grin

POINTAGE FOR PERFECTION!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2021, 02:15:36 AM »

The custom boots from Gladiator-Polo.com arrived.  They got close to matching my belt color. $350, been wearing them for a couple days while I work (home deskjob) to break them in. Feel great.

I didn't like the fit of the FFA pants, so I went to Kohl's looking for Dockers.  Those were $66, and instead I found an unknown brand for $25 on the clearance rack with a light textured fabric, elastic waist, and pockets that hide well enough.  Failing that, Lee makes a trouser similar to dockers for half the price (got a pair of them for $30).  I recommend getting shorter than you typically buy, because these are going inside a calf-length boot and you're going to wrap the cuff around the calf to make it fit the boot.

Now for the pics.  At this point, unless some new idea comes, this outfit is done.

This was one of my more expensive cosplays, but it was mostly stimulus money and it went to small businesses. Solid, long lasting materials.

This looks amazing, Janx!  I love the entire ensemble, from the color scheme to the details (belt buckle, pouches, armwraps)  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »

Hi Janx,

So pleased you like the boots, imho they are a big investment but look oh so good.
We'll be the best booted Jedi at any conventions we attend in the future!

Now I just need to improve my footwork for duelling and showing my boots off! point on the way for your outfit.

We can be Booty Bros!  Roll Eyes

I got some posing tips from Masha at a con, but it would be handy to be ready with some stances that look good for photos

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »

Well done, you!

I think you look superb. Any plans for a cloak? The outfit doesn't need it but I always think everything looks better with a cape or cloak…it's like bacon that way Grin

POINTAGE FOR PERFECTION!

In the early stages, particularly when I was aiming toward Sith, I had ideas for an angled cape.  I'm not a fabric guy, so we'll see when I can bring that to fruition.

For now, in Texas, this costume is light, and as cool as one can be in costume.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2021, 04:03:30 AM »

Nice set, I like the colors =] I also like the stretchy waist kinda pants for either my Jedi or Sith cosplays, its more comfier for me anyway. I should get some pics of my medieval Sith Lord up this weekend and maybe even outside for once too Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2021, 08:15:25 PM »

Nice set, I like the colors =] I also like the stretchy waist kinda pants for either my Jedi or Sith cosplays, its more comfier for me anyway. I should get some pics of my medieval Sith Lord up this weekend and maybe even outside for once too Tongue

That should be cool to see!

Glad the colors worked out here.  All the fabric on my torso was as-is from the Jedi Closet.  She'd already made that and it caught my eye.
I was worried the pants would look off, but figured no matter what I bought, it wouldn't match the tunic and a more different color would look like intentional style rather than poor matching.

I am stuck with the red LED in my Grand Master, because while I have other hilts, this one looks like no one else's. For now, I'll claim my character made a bad choice and is working to redeem his blade.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: