Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497804 times)
Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3825 on: December 29, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »

In the same vein, a way to link to a saved build.  My wishlist is going to be different from something I might recommend for a friend ("hey, I want something not too expensive, who cares about sound" vs "Yo, wedding present for a friend, what do I get?").  It should be fairly straightforward to encode a URL that captures all the features, so that one URL takes you to a page populated with features, with the option to ADD TO CART.  Smiley

Great suggestion, Landen; point for you.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #3826 on: December 30, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »

I would love to see a saber like Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebel.....a truly unique design with a little bit of a katana feel to it....this is a saber I would absolutely love to see made a reality!  It could very easily be not only a Jedi weapon, but even a Sith weapon as well....(Evil Grin)

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #3827 on: December 31, 2015, 01:44:17 AM »

A Scorpion variant model without the black shroud over the bottom 2/3 of the hilt, with black for the raised bits. Also with the ability to swap out the modified Guardian pommel with one from an Archon or Arbiter.

(and as long as I'm dreaming, I want a pony  Grin....)

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

unde4dmau5
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

Dark Side Points please

« Reply #3828 on: January 01, 2016, 01:01:41 AM »

Just a thought. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but there should be a way to preview a saber with each specific option before you add it to your cart. What I mean by this is, either in 3D or through pictures, allowing the buyer to view each option they put on their saber and seeing how it will look before they put it into their cart. This would allow people to make exactly what they want and tweak things before making a final decision. I know this would be a daunting task on Emory and US's staff, given there are hundreds of combinations, but it would be very nice, especially for first time buyers.

Sabers Currently Owned
- Dark Sentinel V4 in Guardian Blue
- Aeon V3 in Blazing Red

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3829 on: January 01, 2016, 01:09:10 AM »

They do have a 360 degree view, that's probably the best your going to get.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

unde4dmau5
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

Dark Side Points please

« Reply #3830 on: January 01, 2016, 01:18:28 AM »

They do have a 360 degree view, that's probably the best your going to get.
Yeah but that's for the preview of each saber. But even to do what I'm talking about, it would take making every possible combination. But again, that would be a very daunting task and would require a lot of time to do.

Sabers Currently Owned
- Dark Sentinel V4 in Guardian Blue
- Aeon V3 in Blazing Red

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #3831 on: January 01, 2016, 02:33:03 PM »

Clarification on the Graflex order page as to which color-option button is the front or the back button (i.e. "The one behind the bunny ears is considered the back button" or something along those lines). Especially given the spike on orders for ths model, there could be a lot of people expecting a different setup and getting something other than what they pictured.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3832 on: January 01, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »

An option to order any two hilts as a staff (or just two of any single hilt). It'd make it easier to have the double-ended Menace for a start.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3833 on: January 01, 2016, 11:46:09 PM »

I think the Forum Color system of ordering is unnecessary - it leads to manufacturing mistakes. It is more efficient and simpler to allow customers to order these Forum Colors conventionally just like any color from the drop down menu. I have had two sabers where Forum Colors were not correctly done by the US Technicians (and yes, I paid acquisition charges, ordered a "premium color" and then specified which Forum Color I wanted in the comments box). US handled these cases very professionally of course, much to my satisfaction. But I think it makes it easier for everyone - customers, potential customers and US Technicians if Forum Colors can be ordered conventionally just like any other color.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3834 on: January 02, 2016, 12:29:03 AM »

I think the Forum Color system of ordering is unnecessary - it leads to manufacturing mistakes. It is more efficient and simpler to allow customers to order these Forum Colors conventionally just like any color from the drop down menu. I have had two sabers where Forum Colors were not correctly done by the US Technicians (and yes, I paid acquisition charges, ordered a "premium color" and then specified which Forum Color I wanted in the comments box). US handled these cases very professionally of course, much to my satisfaction. But I think it makes it easier for everyone - customers, potential customers and US Technicians if Forum Colors can be ordered conventionally just like any other color.

I would generally second this, with the addition that if they do so, they probably ought to make note of the slight variability in hue that they get when they mix up the "forum colors".  That's probably particularly critical in the "double blade saber" section.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3835 on: January 02, 2016, 03:33:59 AM »

An option to order any two hilts as a staff (or just two of any single hilt). It'd make it easier to have the double-ended Menace for a start.
This would be amazing, and I'd probably order a bunch of sabers like this.  Mostly because when I was a kid and got my Darth Maul saber, I fell in love with the staff setup.
The forum colors could be added to the dropdown menu as "Exclusive Colors".  Maybe US could charge $15.00 for these colors, and maybe they could be available on certain sabers, but not others.
I would generally second this, with the addition that if they do so, they probably ought to make note of the slight variability in hue that they get when they mix up the "forum colors".  That's probably particularly critical in the "double blade saber" section.
I 100% agree with this.  Because who wants a staff that is suppose to have the same color on both ends, but the hughs are off just enough to be noticeable.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3836 on: January 02, 2016, 06:33:38 AM »

This would be amazing, and I'd probably order a bunch of sabers like this.  Mostly because when I was a kid and got my Darth Maul saber, I fell in love with the staff setup.The forum colors could be added to the dropdown menu as "Exclusive Colors".  Maybe US could charge $15.00 for these colors, and maybe they could be available on certain sabers, but not others.I 100% agree with this.  Because who wants a staff that is suppose to have the same color on both ends, but the hughs are off just enough to be noticeable.

Yes, a simple drop down menu for Forum Colors just like any other option would be simpler and easier for everyone. It's not that expensive an option compared with other wonders like battery setup and recharge port, which are very clearly labelled in their respective drop down menus too.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3837 on: January 02, 2016, 07:37:58 PM »

I think once they get consistent colours instead of experimental colours with slight flaws US will add these to the colour dropdown menu. AFAIK this was (and might still be) the way US develops and releases new colours. Some of the premium colours have been developed the same way, I think.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3838 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »

The forum colors could be added to the dropdown menu as "Exclusive Colors".  Maybe US could charge $15.00 for these colors, and maybe they could be available on certain sabers, but not others.I 100% agree with this. 

If they wanted to keep the forum colours just for members of the forum, they could have the drop down member only available once you login/sign up on the ultrasabers site. At the moment, anyone can just go on and buy stuff, which is great, but I thought the whole point of forum colours was to have it as something unique for us lot on the forum. the sign in option could make things easier and simpler all round.

Shaddo1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

Dark side points please XD

« Reply #3839 on: January 03, 2016, 12:13:43 AM »

I'd love to see starkillers, without the revealed crystal though

owned:
Dominix v4 (BR) stunt

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: