Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1296957 times)
darkferris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #7920 on: March 14, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

There are people at the local stores at 5am. I’m not stocking up, I just want my regular trip to the store and I can’t even do that with these sheep. No one freaked out like this during SARS or Swine Flu. People are going to buy all this junk, then in 10 days throw it all away. I can’t even buy a bag of food for my dogs

Wish list : Bellicose (GB) & Dark Dorinian (Silver)
Got : dark sentinel V5 (Orange) dark initiate v5 (artic blue), Emperor’s Hand (Red), Graflex CE (SRD w/premium sound), Dominicide (PO w/Silver FOC & Premium sound.)
Wife : Sentinel LE V5 (yellow), Initiate LE V5 (Purple), Fallen Combat Ready (Green), Dark War Glaive (Bane’s Heart w/premium sound).

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7921 on: March 14, 2020, 10:18:50 PM »

Same for me. I do my "supplies I need for work" shopping on Saturday and very early because I also pick up the Family breakfast plus fuel up my truck and I just hate people most times. I got a huge surprise when there were 20 some odd people at the market I go to (usually i'm by myself) and most of the impulse buy items were gone - plus, there was not one piece of paper products left in the store. Insane.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7922 on: March 14, 2020, 10:37:18 PM »

It's Pi day.

We have no pie.

My wife expects me to go shopping for some.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7923 on: March 14, 2020, 10:42:23 PM »

The city/county finally declared a health emergency, all events have been canceled, my district canceled school for next week...for students only.  But, teachers still have to report to work.  No students to teach, but we still need to be there.  Their justification: students need to avoid large gatherings but teachers should meet together to plan.  Since all my events got canceled by the state, and I can't work on any "distance learning" for my subject (kind of hard to rehearse a band when the band can't meet), I have absolutely no reason to be there.  But, I've been summoned to waste time.

Are you still getting paid?  If so I wouldn't consider it wasted time....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7924 on: March 15, 2020, 01:05:35 AM »

Are you still getting paid?  If so I wouldn't consider it wasted time....
Yes, but it is complicated.  We are under contract for a certain number of days.  Students will need to make up those missed days by using "bad weather days".  We have two.  The other days will probably mean the school year will need to be extended.  This means that teachers could be working additional days unpaid.  It's going to be really interesting how this gets dealt with especially if closures extend.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7925 on: March 16, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »

Yeah... well... our household lost one of it's sources of income, as our room mate was diagnosed with Leukemia in January.  Now, my wife and I have been able to swing stuff so far (Allegedly he will be getting disability from the state, it was supposed to start after 10 days, but 3 months later it's still "delayed".)

Our shopping is typically an as needed basis, as we are running paycheck to paycheck right now, and can't afford stock piling.  It's beyond frustrating to go to 5 different stores and try to find can goods, or frozen goods, so you can just do your normal routine.  I got paid Friday, tried making a grocery trip Saturday and it became a whole new level of "f*** this" as the whole world has become selfish, greedy @$$holes.  We do eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies (With someone in the house doing chemo, it's necessary) but those only last 3-5 days if not used immediately.  But right now we can't even find basic cleaning supplies either, and we have a high risk person in the house.

I know venting about it doesn't change anything, but sometimes it does help to blow off some steam.

My entire convention schedule for this month is borked, my grandfather passed away Friday, and the world is a complete and utter $h*tshow... Idiocracy is the most true documentary I have ever seen.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #7926 on: March 16, 2020, 02:01:20 PM »

Yeah... well... our household lost one of it's sources of income, as our room mate was diagnosed with Leukemia in January.  Now, my wife and I have been able to swing stuff so far (Allegedly he will be getting disability from the state, it was supposed to start after 10 days, but 3 months later it's still "delayed".)

Our shopping is typically an as needed basis, as we are running paycheck to paycheck right now, and can't afford stock piling.  It's beyond frustrating to go to 5 different stores and try to find can goods, or frozen goods, so you can just do your normal routine.  I got paid Friday, tried making a grocery trip Saturday and it became a whole new level of "f*** this" as the whole world has become selfish, greedy @$$holes.  We do eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies (With someone in the house doing chemo, it's necessary) but those only last 3-5 days if not used immediately.  But right now we can't even find basic cleaning supplies either, and we have a high risk person in the house.

I know venting about it doesn't change anything, but sometimes it does help to blow off some steam.

My entire convention schedule for this month is borked, my grandfather passed away Friday, and the world is a complete and utter $h*tshow... Idiocracy is the most true documentary I have ever seen.

I acknowledge your hardship and hope it gets better for you. All the other companies around mine are laying off people and paying them while they’re not working. My company decides to stay open and seems to be forcing their individual departments to terminate us all so they are not liable for any paid time off. I am trying not to cancel my lightsaber order which I put prior to the pandemic scare. But if I lose the job, then I would have to just take the restocking fee loss and try to get credit back for grocery needs.

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Yewz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7927 on: March 16, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »

Wishing people could take social distancing seriously because although stock piling isn't necessary, I think that it would all blow over quicker if we stopped being greedy (as a population).

With that being said, I went to 6 stores this weekend just to get basic stuff and that is not something I look forward to again.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #7928 on: March 16, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »

Wishing people could take social distancing seriously because although stock piling isn't necessary, I think that it would all blow over quicker if we stopped being greedy (as a population).

With that being said, I went to 6 stores this weekend just to get basic stuff and that is not something I look forward to again.
Agreed, I did the same thing just trying to make sure we got our basic groceries we get each week.
And what's worse, this was the week we were supposed to buy Toilet paper. We typically only buy every 3 weeks and get a big bag for the 4 of us, but we were low this week.  It took a while, but I was able to find at least enough to get us through until stores restock (hopefully)

And our sons were on Spring break last week, which got extended for this week, so we had to buy more groceries than usually. 2 teen boys left at home all day will kill your pantry.

On the bright side, "social distancing" is my new favorite phrase. As an introvert who has never been comfortable touching people and have always preferred a wide personal bubble, it seems like I've been training for this all my life.

-

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7929 on: March 16, 2020, 02:51:28 PM »

And our sons were on Spring break last week, which got extended for this week, so we had to buy more groceries than usually. 2 teen boys left at home all day will kill your pantry.

Hahaha, this I definately can relate to. Although mine are a slight bit younger (10 and 12) they came in today bringing friends for lunch/inbetween/something/or-just-plain-hungry. Had to go to the grocery store afterwards......

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #7930 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:46 PM »

Perks of being an introvert

that's my secret Cap, I'm always socially distant

Yewz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7931 on: March 16, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »

Agreed, I did the same thing just trying to make sure we got our basic groceries we get each week.
And what's worse, this was the week we were supposed to buy Toilet paper. We typically only buy every 3 weeks and get a big bag for the 4 of us, but we were low this week.  It took a while, but I was able to find at least enough to get us through until stores restock (hopefully)

On the bright side, "social distancing" is my new favorite phrase. As an introvert who has never been comfortable touching people and have always preferred a wide personal bubble, it seems like I've been training for this all my life.

-

Totally with you there, especially since I made my life revolve around sitting on a computer. I am a software engineer for work, and my 2nd career is music production, so I'm basically extremely vetted in introversion, even if you don't count the part of my brain that natural wants to avoid people. This is our time to shine!

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #7932 on: March 16, 2020, 03:43:06 PM »

All this social distancing and all my university stuff going virtual, means more time for my hobbies, like lightsabers! A perfect excuse one might say  Wink

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7933 on: March 16, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »

I don't have an issue with people making sure that they have what they need for their family but I do have a problem when people are hoarding stuff like water and toilet paper. This is a health concern, not a natural disaster that will prevent things from being delivered as long as they're not coming in from out of the country. It's not a zombie apocalypse, people

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #7934 on: March 16, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »

It's not a zombie apocalypse, people

unfortunately

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: