Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the difference between the Blade types? What's the best blade type?  (Read 887937 times)
Kenobi Rush
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

May the force be with you!

« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »

i know i love US but i did not know i would have to buy all of this extra stuff to keep my sabers running. yea it is expensive but worth it. sorry 4 all of the negative posts i am just really stressed.

Light side points please!

Lightsabers
-Overlord with sound(GB green AV switch archon pommel)
-Bellicose with sound(CG AS FOC blue AV switch)

Nahal
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

Even the best blade needs sharpenning from time to time.  ;] Kiss

TheWerdna
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »

I did actually read the post before buying my first blade, but am still a bit concerned if I made the right choice or not. I bought an Arctic Blue UEHG blade (I knew i needed the HG edge due to wanting to use the blade for sparing), so does anyone know if this was a good choice? Or should I have gone with the normal HG blade.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:13 AM »

I did actually read the post before buying my first blade, but am still a bit concerned if I made the right choice or not. I bought an Arctic Blue UEHG blade (I knew i needed the HG edge due to wanting to use the blade for sparing), so does anyone know if this was a good choice? Or should I have gone with the normal HG blade.

My preference is always standard edge (mid or heavy), but I wouldn't say that was the wrong choice. AB goes well with either type. Also, be sure to post an acknowledgment in the rules thread Cool

no

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:49 AM »

Check out my reviews in the Obsidian custom fonts threads if you want to see a UEHG blade in action in CG/AS and VA/AS.

CG:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYfW5nlc_o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYfW5nlc_o</a>

VA:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyo4_n_4aW4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyo4_n_4aW4</a>

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2013, 01:34:10 AM »

I actually love Blazing Red with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade. Gives it a nice like... Old MR FX saber look to it. Like picture the MR Vader saber. Kinda reminds me of that sort of.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Hack121
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »

Have you ever thought of doing a 16" ultra edge?

"A book is a present that you can open again and again"

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

Have you ever thought of doing a 16" ultra edge?

These tend to be good for a saber pike, but would make a standard saber seem like a dagger. For bladework, the minimum legth should be 24" or the initiate sized blade. Even at that length, a saber seems like a shoto.

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

okies people, question time.

first off, big heavy grade fan. those things cannot be killed. and i duel alot.

however, i am moving soon, i will have no-one to duel with often, and i need a new blade as it is.
i have a consular green saber, and i will be getting a pointed tip on my next blade. i want one.

so:
how much punishment can a midgrade take? does it bend while spinning?
would the pointed tip look better with UE or MG? i want to drill a little hole in the mirror so the light goes through and illuminates the tip, yet only a small hole so i do not sacrifice much light.

answers, opinions and general ideas would be great. ta muchly!!!

BTW, point for the person who convinces me best! Smiley

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »

Midgrades do flex a little when swung. It's not annoying, but it is noticable if you swing hard. In terms of brightness, the mids are only slightly brighter than the heavies from what I've noticed - I always use an UEHG in my videos, and from all accounts, the mids are durable.

Now, I asked the same question a few weeks into owning my saber, and the best advice I got came from Master VorNach. He recommended that I keep my heavy grade blade on for the heavier weight which he says is better for training. If you can learn to spin the heavy, imagine what you could do with a mid? I don't have anyone else here to duel with either (4 year olds don't really count in the grand scheme of things), yet I kept the heavy for that reason alone. After a few months of heeding the advice, I now find that the midgrades are too light - not flimsy or anything, but too light!

Like my master recommended, I say keep with the heavy to maintain your power and strength.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:42:04 PM by eerockk » Logged

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »

For the pointed tip, I recommend mid or standard HG.

no

Enzo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2013, 04:55:12 AM »

Hello Everyone. Going to purchase my first saber soon and was curious as to everyone's opinion on what blade type would look best with Violet Amethyst. I want a mid-grade blade, but does the Ultraedge or the standard midgrade look bettern in this color? I do like the look of the standard midgrade while the saber is powered down but obviously lit up is just as important if not more. Also which Violet does everyone prefer, the standard or the dark Violet? Thanks.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2013, 05:28:56 AM »

Hello Everyone. Going to purchase my first saber soon and was curious as to everyone's opinion on what blade type would look best with Violet Amethyst. I want a mid-grade blade, but does the Ultraedge or the standard midgrade look bettern in this color? I do like the look of the standard midgrade while the saber is powered down but obviously lit up is just as important if not more. Also which Violet does everyone prefer, the standard or the dark Violet? Thanks.

DVA is the best color, therefore it is the best purple. Anyway, I would go with standard mid, although it certainly doesn't look bad in UE. UE makes it look more blue and, to my eyes, less bright.

no

Enzo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2013, 07:36:06 AM »

I'm leaning towards the DVA over the VA. I'm just waiting for an answer as to whether or not the Dark War Glaive with sound will be back in stock anytime soon. It figures that the one I want isn't available.  Sad  Hopefully soon. I emailed US but haven't received a response yet.

Selzen Ky-Knomi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:42 PM »

I'd like to start by saying that I throughly love my sabers I got from US. My first blade was UEMG and it didn't last long. Top end shattered completely. My buddy and I duel way too hard for our own good, so I end up picking up a UEHG blade and after a couple months of serious dueling it too broke. I've seen how the HG blade looks in BR and personally it's really appealing. As far as structural integrity, is there any difference between HG and UEHG?

Thanks in advanced!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: