Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Author Topic: Makeshift Unorthodox Costume (In Progress)  (Read 35629 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2021, 03:37:08 AM »

Now that I have a Ripper Blade spearhead, I can really pull off the Jedi Mortal Kombat look off I'd say:

Deadliest corss-over ever. I mean the possibilities for Fatalities are endless and horrifying.

I do kind of like the thought of that spear head with a lightsaber blade on the back end. Held spear pointing forward and longer blade in a reverse grip, it'd be interesting in a fight.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2021, 06:02:52 AM »

That would have been rather unfortunate, although I suppose that's one way to add some "authentic weathering" to an outfit!

Tank you. There is always room to learn, improve, and dial up the training a notch or two!

Now that I have a Ripper Blade spearhead, I can really pull off the Jedi Mortal Kombat look off I'd say:

Love it. When I'll go for the US yari pike, I know I'll get one of those ripper blades to go with it.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Man, every time I see it, that unintentional MK vibe is getting closer and closer to the epic win category. Especially with the movie on the horizon... a well done photo with a good backdrop (like where you were training) might get a ton of hits on Imgur. This just makes me smile, especially since it's borderline sinister with those added connotations. I can just hear the MK theme playing in my head while watching you kick some butt. It keeps on reminding me of the Soul Caliber games featuring Vader and Yoda. And I know people in the MK universe wouldn't flinch at a lightsaber, it wouldn't be the craziest thing they'd seen so I'm thinking they'd shrug it off and still try and fight. It's just too much fun.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2021, 02:40:58 PM »

Man, every time I see it, that unintentional MK vibe is getting closer and closer to the epic win category. Especially with the movie on the horizon... a well done photo with a good backdrop (like where you were training) might get a ton of hits on Imgur. This just makes me smile, especially since it's borderline sinister with those added connotations. I can just hear the MK theme playing in my head while watching you kick some butt. It keeps on reminding me of the Soul Caliber games featuring Vader and Yoda. And I know people in the MK universe wouldn't flinch at a lightsaber, it wouldn't be the craziest thing they'd seen so I'm thinking they'd shrug it off and still try and fight. It's just too much fun.
Cyrax did use a laser sword thingy in MK Deadly Alliance ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »

Man, every time I see it, that unintentional MK vibe is getting closer and closer to the epic win category. Especially with the movie on the horizon... a well done photo with a good backdrop (like where you were training) might get a ton of hits on Imgur.

Hi there, yeah something like this...

But done by a professional photographer of course!
Your outfit has certainly developed since we chatted about body armour!
point incoming.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2021, 03:26:01 PM »

point incoming.
This is insane xD I love it.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2021, 07:19:15 PM »

OMG FT, I have tears in my eyes now... Thank you for that, you're truly priceless. It's scary how well this fits with the level of BA that Sir can pull off... Now he has his own poster. We needed to make this happen before the most recent movie was filmed so he could have been cast as an extra in the background or getting pummeled by one of the main cast. Either way I've had my laugh for the day now so I thank all involved. This is so cool I want to print out a copy and use it as a sleeve/insert on the videogame case next time I pick up a MK game. This is probably the coolest yet satisfyingly humorous thing I've witnessed in weeks. Bravo, point for you FT.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2021, 10:30:55 PM »

point incoming.
This is awesome! Straight out of a Mortal Combat character selection screen! Well done with the edit.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2021, 11:29:22 PM »

This is awesome! Straight out of a Mortal Combat character selection screen! Well done with the edit.

Glad you like it, I just had a few minutes spare and wondered how you'd look as a video game star! It was a quick edit but it does feature a proper Industrial Light and Magic blade effect.

This is insane xD I love it.
OMG FT, I have tears in my eyes now... Thank you for that, you're truly priceless. It's scary how well this fits with the level of BA that Sir can pull off... Now he has his own poster.
Thanks to you guys too. I like to keep my photo editing skills sharpened (I started out doing edits like this before moving onto 3D modelling)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #414 on: April 15, 2021, 01:53:32 AM »

ROUND 1…FIGHT!!!

That all looks amaze-balls!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2021, 10:54:17 PM »

Hi SirLiftaLot,

Darth Prodigal brought to my attention a small error I made with the original backdrop image so I have rectified it. There was a small protrusion coming off your shoulder that was part of the shelving behind you and I missed erasing part of it (then as I looked at the image I thought it was a piece of your armour showing so didn't remove the part I missed  Roll Eyes )
All fixed now though, here's the corrected version:

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »

Hi SirLiftaLot,

Darth Prodigal brought to my attention a small error I made with the original backdrop image so I have rectified it. There was a small protrusion coming off your shoulder that was part of the shelving behind you and I missed erasing part of it (then as I looked at the image I thought it was a piece of your armour showing so didn't remove the part I missed  Roll Eyes )
All fixed now though, here's the corrected version:

Thank you for your dedication to the craft! Way to go above and beyond. I truly do appreciate it!

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2021, 06:14:47 PM »

Well, for such a magnificent costume I had to put in equal effort  Grin but to be honest it was fun doing this image. I have done a bit of "art" for other members in the past and when I saw your portraits and the words "Mortal Kombat" I just had a flash of inspiration to do this.
Let me know if you want a larger copy or one without my watermark and we'll work something out.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2021, 07:11:38 PM »

Well, for such a magnificent costume I had to put in equal effort  Grin but to be honest it was fun doing this image. I have done a bit of "art" for other members in the past and when I saw your portraits and the words "Mortal Kombat" I just had a flash of inspiration to do this.
Let me know if you want a larger copy or one without my watermark and we'll work something out.
Thank you. Yeah, a larger copy would be sweet. Without the watermark would be nice was well, but the way you added the watermark, it's very subtle and doesn't detract from the design, and you're more than deserving of the recognition. The only thing I'd be worried about is if cropping the image to make it fit somewhere hypothetically clipped out the watermark, so if there's something you want to work out, I'd be MORE than happy to talk about it to not have to worry about unintentionally doing you wrong in any way! I'll message you now.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #419 on: April 18, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »

Hi there SirLiftaLot,

Thanks for the consideration and politeness! I have replied to your PM and included a few more resized versions for you without watermarks - should make nice desktop backgrounds  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: