Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653087 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2490 on: April 26, 2017, 04:53:26 AM »

No, they were all tricked AF, that's why it took 5 teams.  Dooku under Nihilus is just the most noteworthy part of it for me.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2491 on: April 26, 2017, 05:52:47 AM »

Barris farming ditched, back to TFP farming with extreme prejudice and urgency O_o
Shoot. I forgot about TFP! I was thinking of a fifth and now I have one. Now that veers is reworked I can see the rest of the troopers(minus shore) being reworked. All I really want though is Mace and Chewie to get a rework. That's ehy I've begun gearing both of of them up lately. My mace is two mk4 keypads away from gear 10.

This is foreign to me. I levelled a bunch of toons recently, that took me down to 6M. Now I'm right back up and holding steady at 14M.

Ya see, the thing is, I'm in the process of leveling gearing and starring about 40-50 toons atm. Very slow progress being F2P. 3 days ago I had 26M credits(no joke). Do I have them right now? Well after starring up characters more than 30 times, no, no I don't. Speaking of which, next time you guys need to star up a character that was important, turn your volume up all the way first.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2492 on: April 26, 2017, 09:20:56 AM »

So I tried to clear 8-A neutral twice today, and wiped on the last round both times.  I just don't have the stuff yet it seems, so no 8-B Trooper farming for me for a while.  I guess I'll go back to TFP farming until I've gotten him his fifth star, in prep for Potency3 and R2D2.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2493 on: April 26, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »

Woot woot!

SHARD SHOP & CHARACTER CADENCE UPDATE

With Director Krennic and Death Trooper rotated out, the following Characters have been added to the Shard Shop for a limited time.

Darth Nihilus
Sith Trooper
Sith Assassin

Additionally, these Characters can also be found in the following locations:

Darth Nihilus- Hard Dark Side Battles 9-A
Sith Trooper- Cantina Battles 8-B
Sith Assassin- Cantina Battles 8-C

Guess that means I need to actually finish out level 8 on Cantina.  Thankfully I can already start on Nihilus.

I finished those, but I think I am going to wait a while to work them. Definitely want them eventually though.  They'll give me some nice situational options in GW.

Right now I am focused on unlocking Kylo Ren in Cantina and getting TFP to 6* for the R2 Event (72/85 on TFP so I might as well just do it.)

I can't believe I made it up to #5 yesterday with no Zetas (closing in on my first).

After much trial & error with my Sith Team, this is how I am going to end up:

- Darth Nihilus (Leader Zeta & Non-Leader Zeta)

- Emperor Palpatine

- Darth Maul

- Count Dooku (Non-Leader Zeta)

- Kylo Ren (Non-Leader Zeta)

4 active Zetas should make that a scary Arena & Tank team.

Also still toying with the idea of keeping Maul in Tank due to his high Damage, but using Savage in Arena to give me a 5th active Zeta ability and he is a bee-otch to kill when he has his Zeta whereas Maul can be taken out early with a really strong opening assault.  Palpatine's ability to consistently apply Shock has been WAY too valuable to me in Arena to consider benching him.

Anyone seeing any Phoenix Squadron out there?

I'm kind of fascinated by Sabine's "Armor Shred" debuff which can't be resisted, can't be cleared & Stacks.  That could be very useful in GW on a totally OP Tank in Node 11/12 that has a combined Health & Protection of about 100K or more.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2494 on: April 26, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

I can't believe I made it up to #5 yesterday with no Zetas (closing in on my first).

After much trial & error with my Sith Team, this is how I am going to end up:

- Darth Nihilus (Leader Zeta & Non-Leader Zeta)

- Emperor Palpatine

- Darth Maul

- Count Dooku (Non-Leader Zeta)

- Kylo Ren (Non-Leader Zeta)

4 active Zetas should make that a scary Arena & Tank team.

Also still toying with the idea of keeping Maul in Tank due to his high Damage, but using Savage in Arena to give me a 5th active Zeta ability and he is a bee-otch to kill when he has his Zeta whereas Maul can be taken out early with a really strong opening assault.  Palpatine's ability to consistently apply Shock has been WAY too valuable to me in Arena to consider benching him.

Anyone seeing any Phoenix Squadron out there?

If we get General Kenobi would that change your setup?

If we're talking eventual Arena setups, what do you guys think of this?

-Zader

-Palpatine

-Kenobi

-Nihilus

-Sidious

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2495 on: April 26, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »

Zaul on node 6, my first ever.  This GW maay get tricky   Undecided

I had a crappy node 6 last night with EP, Vader, Shoretrooper, RG, and Sid.  First time in a long time I've had to break out another team, let alone break out my heavy hitting droid squad, in order to bust up GW 6.

I had my first Zaul on node 11 a couple days ago.

Zaul is definitely not fun especially as leader.  I had him on GW 11 with EP and Vader and thankfully I still had most of my droid squad.  Managed to soften up the squad with a couple groups, then use my droids to eliminate Maul and EP.  Then the rest fell without much trouble to my next group.  GW 12 was actually easier because Vader was lead and there was no EP.  It was still annoying with RG and Shoretrooper, but it got beat.

Holy bat droppings that was a hard node 12!
Nihilus (L), Vader, EP, Sidious, and a tricked out Dooku.

Took me 5 teams to kill!  I team per toon, not even exaggerating.  Dooku was the last and hardest to kill.  He is a fektig nightmare under a Nihilus leadership.
I haven't smoked for 5 years, but I could really do with a durrie after that.

No, they were all tricked AF, that's why it took 5 teams.  Dooku under Nihilus is just the most noteworthy part of it for me.

Gotta pin him down first.  Daze or stun to lock him up, or attack from stealth, and then take him out.  After that then take out Nihilus probably.  All in all definitely not a fun team.

Shoot. I forgot about TFP! I was thinking of a fifth and now I have one. Now that veers is reworked I can see the rest of the troopers(minus shore) being reworked. All I really want though is Mace and Chewie to get a rework. That's ehy I've begun gearing both of of them up lately. My mace is two mk4 keypads away from gear 10.

Yeah, I'd like to see Chewie get a little rework, though he did get a Zeta.  As for Mace and the rest of the Jedi, I think Jedi as a whole need some sort of improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the reworked Veers will bring.  I've actually already got him at 5* and close to 6*.  The shards in May should finish bumping him to 6* at least.

-----------

Right now it looks like my team for R2 will be EP, Vader, RG, and Tarkin.  Sadly I don't have a 5th yet at 7*, but I'll be pushing hard.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2496 on: April 26, 2017, 02:58:23 PM »

If we get General Kenobi would that change your setup?

Once I had him developed enough, yes I would probably have him in somewhere . . .

It would definitely be Nihilus, Palpatine, Dooku . . . Kenobi . . . and then probably Savage because when he has his personal Zeta, he will be a nightmare to take out with Nihilus' Leader Ability Zeta'd.

(And I am so glad they made it so we all get & develop GK at about the same pace.  I hate the way they tiered Han.)

I think the Team you put there would work well, especially if you also Zeta'd Sidious and Nihilus' Wound In The Force.

Cow Holy, that would be a whole lot of Damage Over Time, Health Down & Expose.   Shocked

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2497 on: April 26, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »

Yeah, I'd like to see Chewie get a little rework, though he did get a Zeta.  As for Mace and the rest of the Jedi, I think Jedi as a whole need some sort of improvement.
No, I mean complete overhaul. For starters drop the clone wars out of his name and give better than wiggs/chaze level synergy with raid han. Second, drop the tank tag and replace it with attacker. Then change his abilities with attacker abilities. And finally, well he needs to do triple-molly-whop level damage by himself.

For Mace, well, this is the most powerful jedi in terms of lightsaber combat. And previous grand master. And currently master of the high counsel. And, his lightsaber is purple so he needs to be amazingly awesome.

I will take them both to gear 11 as soon as possible but I'm currently working on more toons than I can handle being full F2P.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2498 on: April 26, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Once I had him developed enough, yes I would probably have him in somewhere . . .

If we beat those clankers I'm going to try to save everything he needs to go all the way to Gear 11 when I unlock him. Cool

(And I am so glad they made it so we all get & develop GK at about the same pace.  I hate the way they tiered Han.)

100% agree. I hate when I miss our FFA (my fault) and get 3 Han shards. Angry

I think the Team you put there would work well, especially if you also Zeta'd Sidious and Nihilus' Wound In The Force.

Cow Holy, that would be a whole lot of Damage Over Time, Health Down & Expose.   Shocked

Eventually it would be all Zeta'd. Sidious' hold on that last spot is shaky, and I don't even know if I want to go with a Zader lead. Another one I thought of is,

-Zihilus

-Sith Trooper

-Count Dooku

-Palpatine

-Kenobi

I know Zaul is dominating Arena, and I love Maul. But as Krace mentioned, Kenobi would get blasted with 4 other Sith under Zaul. Except he's going to be taunting anyways. . .

No, I mean complete overhaul. For starters drop the clone wars out of his name and give better than wiggs/chaze level synergy with raid han. Second, drop the tank tag and replace it with attacker. Then change his abilities with attacker abilities. And finally, well he needs to do triple-molly-whop level damage by himself.

I agree that he needs insane synergy with Raid Han, and that bowcaster of his should hit much harder. But he's a Wookie, so I don't think he should be dropping his tank status.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2499 on: April 26, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »

Actually, the only Zaul Teams I find difficult anymore are the ones with Palpatine, Sidious & Dooku.

2 that can apply Shock, 1 that applies Healing Immunity. . . destroys the big advantage of Nihilus' Lead if you can't Heal.  Sad

Usually I just take the Emperor out first against a Zaul Team and then it's all downhill from there . . .

As far as Han & Chewie go, I don't want to even hear about them again until they are in the cockpit of the Falcon.

40 years of "Han Solo" & "Millenium Falcon" being absolutely, completely tied to each other . . . and after one scene in a year old movie they make it Rey & Finn.

Bullsh*t.

Next thing you know, they'll make Captain Rex a Pilot before Anakin.

Oh. Wait.   Roll Eyes

Hey - at least we have A New Hope Luke Skywalker, so he Pilots the X-Wing he used to destroy the Death Star.

Ugh. Nope. Damnit. Not that either . . . but hey, we have 3 Geonosian Pilots! Because that makes sense!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2500 on: April 26, 2017, 07:29:37 PM »

Actually, the only Zaul Teams I find difficult anymore are the ones with Palpatine, Sidious & Dooku.

2 that can apply Shock, 1 that applies Healing Immunity. . . destroys the big advantage of Nihilus' Lead if you can't Heal.  Sad

Usually I just take the Emperor out first against a Zaul Team and then it's all downhill from there . . .

As far as Han & Chewie go, I don't want to even hear about them again until they are in the cockpit of the Falcon.

40 years of "Han Solo" & "Millenium Falcon" being absolutely, completely tied to each other . . . and after one scene in a year old movie they make it Rey & Finn.

Bullsh*t.

Oh. Wait.   Roll Eyes

Hey - at least we have A New Hope Luke Skywalker, so he Pilots the X-Wing he used to destroy the Death Star.

Ugh. Nope. Damnit. Not that either . . . but hey, we have 3 Geonosian Pilots! Because that makes sense!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2501 on: April 26, 2017, 07:31:37 PM »

Interesting. That makes a Nihilus lead seem like a really good idea for my arena shard then. Who is it you run into trouble against?

Bullsh*t.

Oh. Wait.   Roll Eyes

^^^^

-----

How do I get 5000 XP before Places of Power ends?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2502 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »

For Mace, well, this is the most powerful jedi in terms of lightsaber combat. And previous grand master. And currently master of the high counsel. And, his lightsaber is purple so he needs to be amazingly awesome.

I agree that he needs insane synergy with Raid Han, and that bowcaster of his should hit much harder. But he's a Wookie, so I don't think he should be dropping his tank status.

Agreed, Raid Han and Chewie should have super synergy.  Chewie wouldn't need much of a rework from his current abilities, except to add Han in somehow.  He should otherwise remain the same tank, though with a bit more damage.

Bullsh*t.

Oh. Wait.   Roll Eyes

Maul and EP are usually important to get first.  If you take out Maul, at least he's not around if you have to make another go at the team in GW.

I agree it was dumb they put Rey and Finn in the Falcon rather than Han and Chewie.  ANd yes, there's plenty of other dumb things included or missing from the game.  Hell, it took them this long to get to R2. I will probably loose my $h!t if they ever put Jedi Luke in the game and I will go to extremes to get him quickly.

How do I get 5000 XP before Places of Power ends?

Spend your crystals on energy refreshes and do LOTS of battles.  Two refreshes will only cost you 100 crystals per day.  Specifically do battles on level 9.  Doesn't matter if it's normal or hard mode.  Normal gives 12xp per 10 energy and Hard mode gives 24xp per 20 energy.  This is better xp per energy than any of the lower levels or with Cantina.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2503 on: April 26, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »

Spend your crystals on energy refreshes and do LOTS of battles.  Two refreshes will only cost you 100 crystals per day.  Specifically do battles on level 9.  Doesn't matter if it's normal or hard mode.  Normal gives 12xp per 10 energy and Hard mode gives 24xp per 20 energy.  This is better xp per energy than any of the lower levels or with Cantina.

Do you think it's actually possible? How long does the event run? The other problem is I need to spend energy on the Gear I need once I do level up.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2504 on: April 26, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »

Do you think it's actually possible? How long does the event run? The other problem is I need to spend energy on the Gear I need once I do level up.

Well, you get 240 energy a day in a 24 hour period.  You can get another 120 x 2 by spending 50 x 2 crystals for refreshes.  That's 480 energy.  Divide that by 10 for normal mode battles on level 9 and you get 48 attempts.  Multiply that times 12 for the xp and you get 576 XP a day, plus whatever you get from spending your Cantina energy.  That 576 x 9 gives you 5184, so 9 days.  Perhaps minus 1 day if you get enough xp from Cantina.  So yes, getting that much XP is technically possible.

As for how long the event runs, if it's anything like Yoda and EP, it'll be 7 or 8 days.

You might have a shot at it.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: