Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652966 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3675 on: December 04, 2017, 01:00:15 AM »

Pheonix still isn't that great, but they are good enough to beat a higher, stronger team. I should use them more often.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3676 on: December 04, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »

They’re great in TB combat missions with the protection regen.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3677 on: December 06, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »

Was scrambling to get 5 Jedi to 5* for the Yoda event. I had four, but I couldn't needed either Anakin, Ahsoka, or Old Ben. Spent lots of crystals on cantina energy, and successfully got Old Ben to 5*. Grin Now I have Yoda as well.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3678 on: December 06, 2017, 08:56:59 PM »

Congratulations!
Yoda was my first legendary toon too  Smiley  And now tyou're that much closer to a 7* Old Ben for the CLS event one day  Wink

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3679 on: December 06, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »

Was scrambling to get 5 Jedi to 5* for the Yoda event. I had four, but I couldn't needed either Anakin, Ahsoka, or Old Ben. Spent lots of crystals on cantina energy, and successfully got Old Ben to 5*. Grin Now I have Yoda as well.

Congratulations!
Yoda was my first legendary toon too  Smiley  And now tyou're that much closer to a 7* Old Ben for the CLS event one day  Wink

Congrats on Yoda.  He's pretty useful.

Speaking of CLS, his event is supposed to be coming back up, right after the Rey one.

Sadly the Rey one they are REALLY sticking it to people.  Rey and Finn have been available for a while, BB-8 I believe has been available twice, and then of course Veteran Han and Chewie which were just made available.  The CLS toons you could have had all of them done for quite some time and been in the clear about doing that event.  This one, they hardly even gave a month to get Veteran Han and Chewie farmed from the most expensive Cantina nodes.  I'm not gonna push this time around and expend resources to try and get something that I likely won't be able to reach.

I swear they are getting worse with this crap.  The new Nightsisters and the new FO toons felt cheapened by how low of stars they were at the end of the unlock events.  I feel like they're trying to hit us up for cash even more now.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3680 on: December 06, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »

Requirements for Thrawn first time around had pretty last minute notification.  Also Chimaera, though I saw that one coming and had started farming on a hunch before it was announced.  BB8 was an out of nowhere one, but a lot of people had the FO requirements mostly by coincidence.
But yeah, they kinda do make all of the newer things harder to 7* or tricky to obtain.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3681 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:58 AM »

Anybody notice that QGJ has a blue saber on the rancor strategy bundle? Cheesy

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3682 on: December 07, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »

That's it...this will now completely turn the game into "pay to play". And this will keep new players from starting as well as forcing many players to quit. Which leads to the exact opposite EA wanted to achieve - no new players, thus no increase in purchases and finally complete shutdown because of unattractiveness. Just like the initial loot box disaster in BF 2, which has fortunately been restricted by European law now and ensured the game's life for a while.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #3683 on: December 07, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »

I agree Racona.  This looks and feels like a $$ grab on characters that haven’t been farmable until recently.  I don’t mind missing out, since I am still working on other teams and I think scavenger Rey will still be good on a resistance team.  Now bring back CLS.

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3684 on: December 07, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »

I do, Rey's my first favourite female character since Emma Watson as Hermione Granger Tongue Rey was my first 7* char, and she'll be my first G12 Grin And now I want the Padawan version of her Grin But that'll be a long way...very long...

But I also agree that CLS should come back. Although I meet the star requirement, I don't think my team is already strong enough for the last tiers...but who knows, maybe I'm lucky and really get him. After all, I just won against two heavy arena teams which seemed too tough for me at first Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3685 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:08 PM »

Apparently the CLS event is coming back around December 21st Goldldr and RN

Yeah, pay to play sucks, but the game can still be fun without it  *he says to himself, trying to keep his own interest in the game from waning too much*

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3686 on: December 07, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »

Oh...okay, thanks for that Cheesy

My interest was finally growing again when GW match-making was re-worked, but now I feel it again....the dark side.... Grin

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3687 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:03 PM »

I hate the Raid Reward system, really! Finished off the AAT in my round, and was 7th...half an hour later I was 8th....and by payout I was 9th. Honestly?? No one can fight the Tank for half an hour or more! 10 minutes, yes, maybe 15....but not 30.

It just nullifies the efforts from those who have to work hard for that rank and hoped to get a good payout for that. I suggest  neglecting all damage done after the Raid was finished. A pop-up informs you that the Raid is over and all damage done beyond that is not counting towards the Reward system. That way, you really get what you deserve and worked for during the Raid. No extra bonus just because you were still fighting while someone else ended the last phase.

Sig by Master Nero

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3688 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »

That's it...this will now completely turn the game into "pay to play". And this will keep new players from starting as well as forcing many players to quit. Which leads to the exact opposite EA wanted to achieve - no new players, thus no increase in purchases and finally complete shutdown because of unattractiveness. Just like the initial loot box disaster in BF 2, which has fortunately been restricted by European law now and ensured the game's life for a while.

I agree Racona.  This looks and feels like a $$ grab on characters that haven’t been farmable until recently.  I don’t mind missing out, since I am still working on other teams and I think scavenger Rey will still be good on a resistance team.  Now bring back CLS.

Yeah, this time around it's pretty bad with the two Vets being needed.  Big ol smack over the head to get people scrambling to finish and let EA grab some cash.  Pretty tired of all these meta breaker characters or stupid long farm ones.  Just bring a new character in and make it so it can be gotten and enjoyed.

I hate the Raid Reward system, really! Finished off the AAT in my round, and was 7th...half an hour later I was 8th....and by payout I was 9th. Honestly?? No one can fight the Tank for half an hour or more! 10 minutes, yes, maybe 15....but not 30.

It just nullifies the efforts from those who have to work hard for that rank and hoped to get a good payout for that. I suggest  neglecting all damage done after the Raid was finished. A pop-up informs you that the Raid is over and all damage done beyond that is not counting towards the Reward system. That way, you really get what you deserve and worked for during the Raid. No extra bonus just because you were still fighting while someone else ended the last phase.

Someone can if they're only tapping every now and then.  It does seem a bit off because you have no idea if somebody is gonna come along and beat your score, but that's why there's a 1 hour wait afterwards.  Also, that other person might be working hard too.  Some of these raid teams you have to watch your step all along the way in order to keep from getting smashed.  Your rewards weren't too skewed though.  The difference between 7 and 9 is pretty small.  Now if you were in 3rd and got knocked out of the top 3, definitely a big upset there cuz there's more loot to be had.  Maybe those positions should be locked, or maybe if you were in the top 10 you shouldn't be able to be knocked out of that.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3689 on: December 08, 2017, 06:54:58 PM »

No, rewards were still quite useful this time...I'm a bit crabby because of my recent losing streak in Battlefront 2 (dozens and dozens of matches, and only three wins since yesterday afternoon with an overall kill-death ratio of approx. 1/8 or 1/9)...maybe that's why my post sounded that rude - I didn't want it to be like that, actually Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: