Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4913457 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #49035 on: December 21, 2018, 06:19:51 PM »

Correction: Filthy Hooligan

That came out right before St Patrick's day a few years back. Crazy looking cigar.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #49036 on: December 21, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »

I like a good cigar, although I'm not going to keep any in the house once the few in my humidor are smoked. It's just too expensive to keep the humidor seasoned. I'll just be buying one or two as I want them from now on.

I don't know what your are doing, but keeping the humidor going is the cheapest part of cigar smoking. But if you don't smoke that often they're is no need for a humidor.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49037 on: December 21, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »

Didn’t know that you’re a cigar type of person

I am! I like smaller ones, typically. The larger ones sometimes make me sick, but I'll smoke a larger one sometimes. A lot of the time I just buy a pack of Backwoods or even Black & Milds.

I don't know what your are doing, but keeping the humidor going is the cheapest part of cigar smoking. But if you don't smoke that often they're is no need for a humidor.

In my case, I haven't bought any in a few years, I'm just now getting to the end of my stash.

A friend got me a box of cheapies in October, but they're not being kept in the humidor, since I only have a small "desktop" type one... I have 90% of the box left, that shows how often I smoke, I probably could have smoked through them if I wanted too/was a more frequent smoker. They weren't great to begin with, and now they're drying out and getting stale, so I may just throw them out.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #49038 on: December 22, 2018, 06:40:11 AM »

That's understandable. I started with cigars about 15 years ago and dove in head first leaning as much as I could about them. They are my number 1 hobby, I knew quite a few people in the industry from company owners to reps for their products. I have even been published in a couple cigar magazines interview some big names. Anyway its cool just to know I'm not the only one here who enjoys them.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49039 on: December 21, 2018, 11:45:34 PM »

That's understandable. I started with cigars about 15 years ago and dove in head first leaning as much as I could about them. They are my number 1 hobby, I knew quite a few people in the industry from company owners to reps for their products. I have even been published in a couple cigar magazines interview some big names. Anyway its cool just to know I'm not the only one here who enjoys them.

That's pretty much what happened when I first got into them too. I bought a package for a good price that came with my humidor, liquid, an ashtray, a cheap crappy cutter, and a five pack of cheapo cigars. Then I bought a sampler from a website, and a few random ones that caught my eye, and that was my stash for years.

(Sig by me!)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49040 on: December 22, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »

That’s cool to learn something new about you two.  I tried to get into it but the after taste was a bit too much for me.  I like to hear about people’s other Jinny’s and how they got into it though.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #49041 on: December 22, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »

That’s cool to learn something new about you two.  I tried to get into it but the after taste was a bit too much for me.  I like to hear about people’s other Jinny’s and how they got into it though.

Yeah if somebody who doesn't smoke them smokes a cigar they will have the taste in their mouth for a couple days or more LOL. After awhile your palate, in lack of a better term, gets conditioned and that no longer happens. I can smoke a cigar and in about 30 minutes I no longer hear the taste in my mouth. But it's not for everybody. For one the stigma of smoking is enough to turn people off when it is nothing like cigarettes.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #49042 on: December 22, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »

For one the stigma of smoking is enough to turn people off when it is nothing like cigarettes.

This^
Try telling that to other Californians though. Roll Eyes

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49043 on: December 22, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »

Yeah if somebody who doesn't smoke them smokes a cigar they will have the taste in their mouth for a couple days or more LOL. After awhile your palate, in lack of a better term, gets conditioned and that no longer happens. I can smoke a cigar and in about 30 minutes I no longer hear the taste in my mouth. But it's not for everybody. For one the stigma of smoking is enough to turn people off when it is nothing like cigarettes.

Makes sense. I’m not one and like clean and fresh breath so that drive me crazy

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #49044 on: December 22, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »

I want to share something with everyone, an experience and some advice that I hope will be of benefit.  Some of you may have noticed I was absent for a bit after Thanksgiving, I'm sure many were.  I wish it was just Holiday hectic activities that kept me away from the forum.  I currently live in another state away from my family, due to my Wife's job.  I had not seen my family in 7 years.  Financial issues first then no time off from work, until last year when I got promoted and started accruing leave time, I had 2 weeks saved up and was going to go home when I had a month's worth.  Fate had different plans.  Thanksgiving night, exactly a month ago, I was about to call my family when my phone rang and it was my sister.  It was a call I had been fearing for many years based on my own worrisome nature..but it still took me by Surprise.  She called to inform me My Father had passed away.
                 I can honestly say...it broke me.  My Father was and will always be one of the few people in this world I look up to.  He wasn't perfect but he taught us all to be self sufficient, hard working and so many other things that would take too long to list.  But he could be stubborn, and he often refused to go to the doctor.  He suffered a massive Heart Attack, and it was not his first apparently.  He had multiple attacks over the course of the year but kept his pain hidden or brushed it off.  The Doctors said there was nothing they could have done since his heart was so damaged.  He and my Mother had just celebrated their 49th Anniversary, but they have been together for 53 years in total...they were High School sweethearts.  He also would have celebrated his 71st Birthday very soon.  I am not the first to go through this nor will I be the last.  The "advice" I have has also been said before to the point its almost cliche, but if it can e of use it shouldn't be forgotten.   Go see your parents..every chance you get.  Talk to them, listen to them ask them questions about the past.  If you cant go see them call them, write them a letter, make them a video.  Anything is better than silence.
               If you don't have the greatest relationship with your parents, take the initiative and try to mend it.  If it fails at least you know you exhausted all efforts.  They will not always be there.  Losing a parent will never not be hard for anyone, but when you have regrets on top of it.  Its unbearable.    Sorry to bring everyone down, I do hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #49045 on: December 22, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »

My condolence to you and your family! I know the feeling and not it is not something easy to deal with. If you need to talk DM me or even post here.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #49046 on: December 24, 2018, 04:17:58 AM »

Has anyone ever struck someone that doesn't even know what a saber is out of anger because they were being a holes?

I highly recommend it! Grin

I was just coming back from the store (with my saber in hand) and saw the dog that's been waking me up at 4:30am every day for 5 and a half months. I tried to talk to the guy holding it's leash, but he said it was his moms, who was inside. I told him nose to nose to go get her because I wanted to speak to her about her untrained dog (the guy holding the leash claimed the dog was untrainable Roll Eyes)
I hit him across the face with a 32" MG blade. Needles to say this freaked out the rest of his 8 or 9 family members that were standing around.
He let go of the leash and fell to his knees and begged "please just don't hit me again!".
Good times! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Yeah this is would be aggravated/felony assault(because you used it as a weapon and the sudden fit of rage) and I am interested to see is he pressed charges. Depending on where you live the victim has 3-10 years to file. And some states have no limits at all for Felonies. This also depends on what the police,victims attorney/district attorney decide to do with all the factors(age of the victim, severity of the injury, your intent)   .  Good luck with that

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49047 on: December 24, 2018, 04:33:40 AM »

Condolences Tepes. I have a strained relationship with my family. They're the type to claim they love me, but often say otherwise through their actions, unfortunately. Like refusing to change pronouns or use my preferred name. I can't say that I'll bother with them much after I move away... I'm not compromising my own sanity to have a relationship with ANYONE I don't have to.

(Sig by me!)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49048 on: December 24, 2018, 04:34:59 AM »

My condolences to you and your family, Tepes. I can’t I know how you feel but I am here if you need someone to talk to especially around the holidays when it makes you think about your father even more.  Sending
Positive vibes your way my friend

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #49049 on: December 24, 2018, 09:17:32 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2M_fIoREec&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2M_fIoREec&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: