Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945413 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3705 on: July 22, 2020, 03:35:25 PM »

That's a sick mask
Right?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3706 on: July 22, 2020, 05:24:28 PM »

So... She's gone? That's official?

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3707 on: July 22, 2020, 05:30:26 PM »

So... She's gone? That's official?

This is a rumour. And given the history of rumours surrounding Disney Star Wars and their accuracy, id say probably not, no.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3708 on: July 22, 2020, 05:54:11 PM »

This is a rumour. And given the history of rumours surrounding Disney Star Wars and their accuracy, id say probably not, no.
BUT, considering the level of proliferation of these rumors, it sounds like news the bulk of SW fans are truly hoping for.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3709 on: July 22, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »

oh... *puts the champagne bottle down*
Guess I'll save that for the official announce.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3710 on: July 22, 2020, 07:10:10 PM »

If KK is out (and given how horrible everything Star Wars has been since she was given the helm, she should be) then I'll be opening my bottle of Lagavulin 16...
I mean, I'll open it anyways... its a 16 year old Scotch... but I'll pour a double in celebration when the word is given.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3711 on: July 22, 2020, 07:40:45 PM »

It's kind of sad in a way. If you had told me 10 years ago that Star Wars would be so bad that I would literally be toasting the removal of Lucasfilm's president, I don't think I'd have believed you. There are times when I truly can't fathom how this franchise slipped to become what it is today.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3712 on: July 22, 2020, 07:59:36 PM »

It's kind of sad in a way. If you had told me 10 years ago that Star Wars would be so bad that I would literally be toasting the removal of Lucasfilm's president, I don't think I'd have believed you. There are times when I truly can't fathom how this franchise slipped to become what it is today.
Agreed. I'd have answered how can you make bad star wars? (No need to mention the holiday special)...
This is how. Part of it is okay... I enjoyed Rebels (Have to watch the rest though), Mandalorian is great.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3713 on: July 22, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »

Pretty much because everyone involved lost focus. George saw a $#!%ton of dollar signs. KK saw a social agenda platform. All the directors (save Mr. Howard) saw an opportunity to leave their mark on something they "loved" from their childhoods/youth. And all the actors.....well, who in their right mind, in this day and age is gonna turn down a roll in a SW film?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3714 on: July 22, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »

Pretty much because everyone involved lost focus. George saw a $#!%ton of dollar signs. KK saw a social agenda platform. All the directors (save Mr. Howard) saw an opportunity to leave their mark on something they "loved" from their childhoods/youth. And all the actors.....well, who in their right mind, in this day and age is gonna turn down a roll in a SW film?

This.   I remember seeing an interview with Ruin Johnson on his writing of TLJ.  He was ralking about starting and thinking to himself "Why is Luke there?"    Now the fans had a ton of ideas...He's in self exile and doesn't know hes needed.  He's looking for something, protecting something...or someone.  He's hurt and healing.   RJ's idea?  He's there to die.  

That "I" think was the issue.   It should have been "WWGD"  What would George Do.  Then go from there.   This is why Willy Wonka didn't want an adult to win his factory.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3715 on: July 22, 2020, 08:25:45 PM »

I'll keep saying that reducing what KK did to "a social agenda" is wrong. There were lots of strong female characters in SW. What happened had more to do with a lack of vision and coherence.
Having three different directors, not working together, without writers and full plot for the trilogy is what killed it. They tried to sugar coat it with a social agenda. I really think it was bs or damage control.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3716 on: July 22, 2020, 08:32:08 PM »

I'll keep saying that reducing what KK did to "a social agenda" is wrong. There were lots of strong female characters in SW. What happened had more to do with a lack of vision and coherence.
Having three different directors, not working together, without writers and full plot for the trilogy is what killed it. They tried to sugar coat it with a social agenda. I really think it was bs or damage control.

I don't see it as a reduction because its both.  She had an agenda (The Force is Female) and it clouded the vision and created a mess.  Yes, there were many strong female characters in SW.....but the majority of them came from the EU which they decided to ignore.  It wasn't any one thing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3717 on: July 22, 2020, 09:05:58 PM »

I don't see it as a reduction because its both.  She had an agenda (The Force is Female) and it clouded the vision and created a mess.  Yes, there were many strong female characters in SW.....but the majority of them came from the EU which they decided to ignore.  It wasn't any one thing.
^^^ THiS

We had a ton of strong female characters.....that were better written. Darth Zannah, was exceptionally powerful, and not just because she was a woman. But instead of keeping with tradition, we got a lot more women involved with inversely less character development. Meanwhile ALL the male lead characters have to have the strong females hold their hands and show them the right way to do everything. It was a ridiculously thin veiled agenda.

I will have to say this though...

Despite its innumerable shark jumps and plot holes, SWR actually had some terrific character development. Characters of both genders had room to grow and improve. Both had shortcomings. Both had their varied skill sets, and authority within the group shifted as skills developed. But they also had longer to grow them.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3718 on: July 22, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »

^^^ THiS

We had a ton of strong female characters.....that were better written. Darth Zannah, was exceptionally powerful, and not just because she was a woman. But instead of keeping with tradition, we got a lot more women involved with inversely less character development. Meanwhile ALL the male lead characters have to have the strong females hold their hands and show them the right way to do everything. It was a ridiculously thin veiled agenda.

I will have to say this though...

Despite its innumerable shark jumps and plot holes, SWR actually had some terrific character development. Characters of both genders had room to grow and improve. Both had shortcomings. Both had their varied skill sets, and authority within the group shifted as skills developed. But they also had longer to grow them.

Think about this..... How many Female villains can you name from Disney SW.  Not antagonists..... Ventress, Mother Talzin, Admiral Sloan, Bo Katan even Governor Pryce weren't true villains. 

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3719 on: July 23, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »

I'm still not so sure about this.
Maybe it's because feminism is more laidback in m'y country or because social justice isn't that Big.
But I see the lack of vision more as incompetence than political agenda.
I don't mind strong women Heroes or gay heroes. As long as they are well written characters. And that's the problem I have with their movies. Badly written characters and poor storytelling.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 263   Go Up