Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55794 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2020, 02:06:11 AM »

So here's another thought that I had today, what if the Force User that responds to Grogu's call was Luuke Skywalker (Clone of the original). They could get Sebastian Stan to play him (thereby explaining why he doesn't look exactly the same), and explain how Maz Kanata ended up with the Lightsaber. I feel like many people would like that, and I think it is something that Jon and Dave have done, especially with the emphasis on clones that Dave has always had, as well as the emphasis on clones in this specific show. We could then potentially also get Mara Jade as well. Thoughts?

While I'm sure something could be done with the Jorrus C'Both/Luuke angle of Heir to the Empire...there is no room to satisfyingly bring Mara into this new canon.  There is no way around the fact Mara's character is irrevocably tied to Luke's and the story they have given him isn't sufficient.  As it currently stands Luke disappeared from the public eye right after ROTJ and spent the next 10 years travelling alone studying and collecting info on The Force.  When Ben was 10 (11 years after ROTJ) he was sent to Luke for training and Luke soon after began gathering students.  He trained new students for the next 10 years and when they were ready to become Knights is when Ben destroyed the temple.  A Little Aside, 3 students survived and went hunting Ben only to fall to his blade.  Then, of course, Luke went into exile.  No where does that really leave him a chance to meet Mara, get to know her, fall in love and marry.  I've come at this from every possible angle from within the constraints of the Disney Canon and it just won't work without changing Mara almost completely.  Best they leave her alone or retcon the sequel trilogy.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »

You guys see the announcement? Season three has been officially scheduled for Christmas 2021. And two spin offs have been confirmed. Ashoka and Rangers of the New Republic. And it’s been said all three will cross over at some point in a special event.
Meh. There will actually be more than that. The Acolyte had my attention until I researched it. I had hoped it would actually break ground on the Old Republic era (considering the name) but it's suppoed to be at the tail end of the "High" Republic. It's leaning to be more girl-power BS, but there is one bright note: it is rumored to be about the apprentice career of Plagueis.

I did finally see the long trailer for Kenobi. The mere presence of Maul has me excited, I won't lie. From what I interpreted of the trailer, my theory was correct; SWR tells the story of Maul's path to their fateful final conflict, and Kenobi tells of Obi Wan's story.

Of the NINE new series slated for start-up, only one really has my attantion: ROGUE SQUADRON. Bring on the PEW PEWS.

I just saw the new Disney+ trailer. Looks like we are getting a “Andor” show and a Bad Batch cartoon series and Rouge Squadron.
Seriously? That guy was about as interesting watching paint dry on growing grass. If they had to make a R1 tie-in, I honestly would have been more interested in watching how Jyn ended up in prison.

Honestly, after all the Marvel and Star Wars announcements today, I'm not terribly excited for Mando tonight. I mean I am, but like there is sooooooo much more stuff to be excited about now.
I fear you will be disappointed. Usually that much excitement never lives up to expectations.

The frustration is real. Slept rough last night. Woke up at 1:30am est. Decided to watch new episode before work. It’s not up yet. Wondering if Roku doesn’t update I till midnight pacific time. Guess I will have to wait.
Roku shouldn't make a difference. You're watching the show through Disney+, so that should be the deciding factor as to when the series updates.

That was a pretty good episode. Some cool moments and great Easter eggs.
That was a GREAT episode. But I'd like to hear what you deem Easter Eggs.

And I was not expecting to see the seismic charges! Loved it though.
Yeah. Gotta love Slave I. I'm seriously jonesing to see that baby open up with the hidden repeaters. Grin Although they screwed up the movement of the cockpit. The command section is the only part that rotates as the ship moves into flying position. The compartment where everyone else was sitting (which could be classified as the main cabin) does not. Look up any cross-section image. But it was a minor detail that I doubt many noticed.

Personally I was pretty underwhelmed.  Ahsoka is pretty much the only show I'm interested in at this point.  While its cool Hayden will be Vader in The Obi-Wan show...unless its going to be all flash back, they hare not going to have any interaction.  I'll need to see premise and plot before I can say I'm excited about it.
It would have to be all flash-backs considering that Vader (as far as we know) doesn't know that Obi Wan is still alive. Which then leads to a question that may or may not have already been answered: How did Vader not sense Kenobi when they were orbiting Tatooine? And how did he not sense Leia for that matter?

Now on to the Episode.  Felt like a filler but wasn't.  I admit I was not happy about Bill Burr being back as I am not a huge fan of his nor did his character feel like he meshed but he did good in this episode.  Got a good feel of his backstory and character.
Now I'm curious as to your feelings about Bill.

At first I was happy to see him back, and I was impressed at how they handled his extraction. I also liked how they had the character be an unknown-unknown; he had every opportunity to repeatedly blow the operation in order to save his own skin. I also liked how his babbling insights on behavior in crisis panned out to prove Mando wrong. But then it begs the greater question, which is the greater sin: to remove your helmet or to fail in your appointed quest? I loved the moral dilemma that Mando was forced into. Had wished that Mayfled had been made crew, but there's still time considering he'd "just been made a citizen again". Wasn't crazy about how he handled the situation of his ex-CO, but I did like how it addressed that people aren't machines, they can only stuff so much before it boils over. And of course, his death-from-above revenge shot. That was money.

It was the 2nd to last episode of the season, no time for filler now. I'm very apprehensive about how they are going to handle the current situation heading out of season. I really don't want them to leave it on a cliffhanger, like so many do, because there's always the "what if" of something happening that kills the following season.

And another thing....I was thrown off by Pedro's face.  Because when I look at him all I see is Prince Oberyn ....
I thought he was prettier as Oberyn. But it may have also been the clothes and lack of helmet hair.

Yeah, it wasn't the same super important plot-driving  character reveal episode we've become used to seeing recently, but it was still an important episode I'd say.I like Burr, and it almost seems like he got to play himself in the episode, even more than he did last season, which is why I can totally understand not liking his character. His talk about being a survivor, a realist, both sides doing bad things and the locals not really making a distinction between them, Mando's code being a little bit able to bend when needed, but him also trying to do the right thing now and not taking crap from his "superior officer" who showed a callous lack of regard for life. It almost felt like I was listening to one of Bill's podcasts.
Interesting. I saw two sides to the CO's insights. (Gonna try to not get political with this. Wish me luck) The first is the obvious one that you stated, but the second is something that many never realize despite being brought to light in quite a few cinematic instances: freedom carries responsibility. Most people are perfectly content to let someone else control their lives. They only get riled up when that control becomes inconvenient. I liken it to the behavior of children. They are perfectly happy letting mom and dad worry about the bills, the groceries, the clothes, but when mom & dad's wishes infringe on the fun times, then children decide that the tyrannical rule must end. But what they fail to realize is that they lack the necessary experience to govern their young lives. The same thing has been brought up a couple of times by Imps in this very series. The first was the Client in his belief that every aspect of society flourished under Imperial rule; it just didn't had out warm fuzzies. The second was of course this latest D-bag. Granted he was a total dick about it (just look at the actor, he always plays dick), but he wasn't wrong. People want to have control in their lives whether it is in their hands or someone else's. Now, I have no love for the Empire. They were corrupt and cruel, ruling through fear. But if you installed a truly benevolent totalitarian government, a vast majority of people would be happy. But true benevolence is rarer than naturally occurring platinum covered diamonds.

I don’t think we will see a Thrawn teaser at the end. Ashoka saying his name is probably all we get because I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the plot for the Ashoka show.
I'm 95% certain that we won't see Thrawn in the Mandalorian. The name drop was only a lead-in to the Ahsoka's show.

I'm excited for Bad Batch
I didn't hear/see anything about the BB. Where/when did this take place?

So here's another thought that I had today, what if the Force User that responds to Grogu's call was Luuke Skywalker (Clone of the original). They could get Sebastian Stan to play him (thereby explaining why he doesn't look exactly the same), and explain how Maz Kanata ended up with the Lightsaber. I feel like many people would like that, and I think it is something that Jon and Dave have done, especially with the emphasis on clones that Dave has always had, as well as the emphasis on clones in this specific show. We could then potentially also get Mara Jade as well. Thoughts?
AHA! You forget, HAHA! The abomination trilogy is getting looked at to get retconned, and rightly so. So let us all hope and pray that it is so and all the lack-luster BS characters and "plots" in them are lost forever. WOOHOO!

Right now, I think I'll take just about any story that officially undoes that mountain of dung.

While I'm sure something could be done with the Jorrus C'Both/Luuke angle of Heir to the Empire...there is no room to satisfyingly bring Mara into this new canon.  There is no way around the fact Mara's character is irrevocably tied to Luke's and the story they have given him isn't sufficient.  As it currently stands Luke disappeared from the public eye right after ROTJ and spent the next 10 years travelling alone studying and collecting info on The Force.  When Ben was 10 (11 years after ROTJ) he was sent to Luke for training and Luke soon after began gathering students.  He trained new students for the next 10 years and when they were ready to become Knights is when Ben destroyed the temple.  A Little Aside, 3 students survived and went hunting Ben only to fall to his blade.  Then, of course, Luke went into exile.  No where does that really leave him a chance to meet Mara, get to know her, fall in love and marry.  I've come at this from every possible angle from within the constraints of the Disney Canon and it just won't work without changing Mara almost completely.  Best they leave her alone or retcon the sequel trilogy.
Ahem....RETCON!

(See? Even Neil's excited.)

This episode was pretty well covered.

I thought the terminal requiring facial recognition was total BS. If you're going to have facial recognition security, WHY would you just allow anyone that shows their face access? It was a dumb and contrived means to force Mando to take his helmet off. Every alarm should have gone off anyway when the terminal didn't recognize his face. Also,....OFFICERS' Mess. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean OFFICERS ONLY? My understanding of such designations would deem his mere presence, as a lowly trooper, to send up all manner of red flags among the OFFICERS sitting in the OFFICERS' Mess. Like "Why the hell is that trooper in here?" Never mind "The #$%& does he think he's doing trying to access that terminal?"

My only other real gripe was the Juggernaut being relegated to a mere transport vehicle. For those that lack SW history, THIS is the Juggernaut:

Don't get me wrong, I loved the segmented design of the hauler. LOVED it. But it was a cheap throwback and waste of a name. Juggernaut by definition should be a war machine.

That is all.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #422 on: December 15, 2020, 06:22:46 AM »

I've lost my faith in the retcon thing. I doubt they will.
But the single fact there was not a single peep about Ruin's trilogy made me happy.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #423 on: December 15, 2020, 02:37:08 PM »

I've lost my faith in the retcon thing. I doubt they will.
But the single fact there was not a single peep about Ruin's trilogy made me happy.
By retcon, it will most likely be just something that they try their damnedest to forget that it exists.....like the Christmas Special.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #424 on: December 15, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »

By retcon, it will most likely be just something that they try their damnedest to forget that it exists.....like the Christmas Special.
Oh! In that case I can see that happen! I was thinking about Overlord rumors with veil of the force and hard retconning those f*ed up movies.
Anyway. I do hope they've learned their lesson with Ruin and their method of "no defined storyline for the trilogy with 3 realisators".

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #425 on: December 15, 2020, 07:55:43 PM »

Oh! In that case I can see that happen! I was thinking about Overlord rumors with veil of the force and hard retconning those f*ed up movies.
Anyway. I do hope they've learned their lesson with Ruin and their method of "no defined storyline for the trilogy with 3 realisators".
Overlord? The rumor I know is that they are going to be disregarded as a bad dream. Which would be perfect considering they were crap and NOTHING made sense

I think we're having a lost in translation moment, but I'm not familiar with Darth Ruin beyond he was part of the trifecta of Treya's.

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2020, 08:29:44 PM »

Overlord? The rumor I know is that they are going to be disregarded as a bad dream. Which would be perfect considering they were crap and NOTHING made sense

I think we're having a lost in translation moment, but I'm not familiar with Darth Ruin beyond he was part of the trifecta of Treya's.
OverlordDVD a youtuber. I heard that too. But I don't really believe it anymore. I guess we'll see =)
I'm not talking about a sith lord, I'm talking about Ruin Jonhson xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2020, 08:53:07 PM »

OverlordDVD a youtuber. I heard that too. But I don't really believe it anymore. I guess we'll see =)
Just sit back and wait.

I'm not talking about a sith lord, I'm talking about Ruin Jonhson xD
Oh, that asshat.

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2020, 09:44:19 PM »

Just sit back and wait.
Oh, that asshat.
Yup. That one.
Oh I hope for the best. But I don't really believe it. I do hope you're right, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
For now, if half the announced shows are as good as Mando, I'll be happy.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #429 on: December 16, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »

I finally discovered where there stole inspiration for the Razor Crest....

And now you can't unsee it. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2020, 06:34:36 AM »

I finally discovered where there stole inspiration for the Razor Crest....

And now you can't unsee it. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not a problem I loved this movie xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2020, 08:52:50 AM »

Okay, best EPISODE EVER IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, guys, if you didn't watch the credits, you have too. All the way to the end. Trust me, you won't regret it!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #432 on: December 18, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »

My heart.......  Such joy, sadness and excitement. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #433 on: December 18, 2020, 03:42:25 PM »

What an Episod !!!!

I LOVED it .... very much .... Luke ... R2 .... LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE

I loved Mando removing his helmet after having the dark saber .... No more Death Watch ... Now, he is THE mandalorian ...

Just ....

.... I thought the lack of fighting efficience of the stormtroopers less and less funny ...

But GREAT EPISOD !!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #434 on: December 18, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »

Am I missing something, or was it not true that Mando couldn't just give the Dark Saber to Bo Katan? Didn't Sabine do literally that when she gave it to Bo in the first place? Surely if she could be gifted it once, she could be gifted it again. I suppose if she was actually beaten in combat by Gideon the first time, she may not feel "right" about taking it back without beating the "earned" wielder, but if she really cares about her goal above her pride, surely she could just take it. Granted, if Gideon is still alive he could spread the "truth" that she didn't earn it, but if he was dead, no one else in the room would really care enough to spread the word that shed didn't "earn" it.

Either way, great episode. Showing Mando struggle greatly with ONE Dark Trooper, and then Luke just steamroll through them did a great job showing just how immensely powerful he is. Now that just begs the question of what happens to Grogu between now and Episode 7. Does he die, or go off on his own somewhere and survive the events that take place before the Sequel Trilogy?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: