Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288793 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5220 on: September 13, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »

Yikes! Most important question: Are you okay?
I figured posting on the forum would have answered that, but yes. Thanks for the concern. The car is drivable. The cosmetics are jacked on the front right and my washer fluid system is messed up. I'm just pissed because a) I didn't get collision coverage and now I'm out at least $1k, and b) it kinda frells me for meeting up with bB this weekend.

Also were you going to finish your thoughts on the matter of men collecting?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5221 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »

I figured posting on the forum would have answered that

Well, one can still post with a broken leg...

Also were you going to finish your thoughts on the matter of men collecting?

Did already.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5222 on: September 13, 2017, 03:08:23 PM »

Well, one can still post with a broken leg...
True, but I hardly think being in the hospital would put me in the mood to forum. Undecided I was actually on my way to grab some breakfast. Needless to say I now have no appetite.

Did already.
Either I missed it, or you edited. Not braining well right now.

I get the dad not understanding. To many an adult, even ones of my generation and younger, action figures are toys, and toys are for kids.

How'd the old saying go? "When I was a child, I played as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I call bullshell. What's the point of growing up if you can't act like a kid sometimes?
Actually, that's scripture. Somewhere out of 1 Corinthians I believe. As for the toys, yes action figures have always been designed as toys, but whether or not they function as such depends on if they are played with. Collecting toys doesn't make one immature, playing with them does. Take it from an expert. Grin Cool But here's the other thing, how much of what we want to collect and why is the same reasoning a child would have for wanting the same thing?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5223 on: September 13, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »

I don't really collect things, for multiple reasons...

a) Money, I don't have a lot.

b) When I do have, I'd much rather spend on experiences and/or activities.

c) CLOTHES!!!!!

d) Makeup.

e) And perhaps most important, I tend to get really into things for a while, then taper off and find something else. This is something my siblings have thrown back in my face as to why they're worried about my current endeavor(forget that I've wanted it on some level for 17 years or more). I think hockey/sports and sabers/Star Wars are the only two things that have really stuck according to my family. And I do understand ho it may appear that way, I haven't been snowboarding in a couple years, and I have put my "men's" rec league hockey aspirations on hold, mostly due to money on both counts. Not that I don't want to do them, just that I realize it isn't feasible at the moment. This hinders collecting, mainly because I've started a few collections, only to abandon them for something else a few months later and only a few items in.

And I disagree that women don't enjoy collecting or the hunt/chase as often as men. It just manifests differently. Most women enjoy clothes/shoes/shopping(including yours truly) at least to some degree, though it is true not all of us are obsessed with it to the stereotypical degree...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5224 on: September 13, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »

I don't really collect things, for multiple reasons...

a) Money, I don't have a lot.

b) When I do have, I'd much rather spend on experiences and/or activities.

c) CLOTHES!!!!!

d) Makeup.

e) And perhaps most important, I tend to get really into things for a while, then taper off and find something else. This is something my siblings have thrown back in my face as to why they're worried about my current endeavor(forget that I've wanted it on some level for 17 years or more). I think hockey/sports and sabers/Star Wars are the only two things that have really stuck according to my family. And I do understand ho it may appear that way, I haven't been snowboarding in a couple years, and I have put my "men's" rec league hockey aspirations on hold, mostly due to money on both counts. Not that I don't want to do them, just that I realize it isn't feasible at the moment. This hinders collecting, mainly because I've started a few collections, only to abandon them for something else a few months later and only a few items in.

And I disagree that women don't enjoy collecting or the hunt/chase as often as men. It just manifests differently. Most women enjoy clothes/shoes/shopping(including yours truly) at least to some degree, though it is true not all of us are obsessed with it to the stereotypical degree...
Plus you're a girl, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Tongue

I'm not saying that ONLY men do it, just that I've observed a greater number of men doing it than women.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5225 on: September 13, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »

Plus you're a girl, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Tongue

I'm not saying that ONLY men do it, just that I've observed a greater number of men doing it than women.

You are right, I probably DON'T understand. Tongue

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I think MOST women do it, we just do it in a different way than men. Shopping vs pure collecting. Or am I missing something maybe?

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5226 on: September 13, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »

You are right, I probably DON'T understand. Tongue

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I think MOST women do it, we just do it in a different way than men. Shopping vs pure collecting. Or am I missing something maybe?
Oohh. Yeah no, men shop totally different than women. In that aspect men hunt, women gather. A man generally go out with an express target or list, if the items being sought are not found he doesn't buy something else, aside from the occasional "target of opportunity". Women "go shopping" like it's a thing to do. They go to see what they can find. Now I'm not saying this is the etched in stone way of the world, but it does account for much.

I'm not trying to be sexist by saying this. It has simply been an observation.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5227 on: September 13, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »

Oohh. Yeah no, men shop totally different than women. In that aspect men hunt, women gather. A man generally go out with an express target or list, if the items being sought are not found he doesn't buy something else, aside from the occasional "target of opportunity". Women "go shopping" like it's a thing to do. They go to see what they can find. Now I'm not saying this is the etched in stone way of the world, but it does account for much.

I'm not trying to be sexist by saying this. It has simply been an observation.

True post is true.

I go shopping JUST TO GO SHOPPING. Even if I have no money to spend I still go, I simply won't actually buy anything. I'm trying to get some girls from work to go on a "girl's day" shopping spree. lol. (I've never actually shopped in a specific section on my own and for myself.)

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5228 on: September 13, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »

True post is true.

I go shopping JUST TO GO SHOPPING. Even if I have no money to spend I still go, I simply won't actually buy anything. I'm trying to get some girls from work to go on a "girl's day" shopping spree. lol. (I've never actually shopped in a specific section on my own and for myself.)
However I do think the plain is even when it comes to succumbing to a buyer's high.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5229 on: September 13, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »

However I do think the plain is even when it comes to succumbing to a buyer's high.

Oh. Oh yeah it totally is. I've seen it first hand. I'm guilty, especially on Amazon....

Speaking of which, how come everyone else in my family can order things and they get here at a reasonable time, but my stuff ALWAYS seems to be the last thing he drops off the truck?!

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5230 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:01 PM »

Oh. Oh yeah it totally is. I've seen it first hand. I'm guilty, especially on Amazon....

Speaking of which, how come everyone else in my family can order things and they get here at a reasonable time, but my stuff ALWAYS seems to be the last thing he drops off the truck?!
I'm really bad when I don't have any income. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5231 on: September 14, 2017, 01:48:43 AM »

Yikes! Most important question: Are you okay?

I get the dad not understanding. To many an adult, even ones of my generation and younger, action figures are toys, and toys are for kids.

How'd the old saying go? "When I was a child, I played as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

I call bullshell. What's the point of growing up if you can't act like a kid sometimes?

That passage isn't really speaking of the material, but the mental.  Not in the "don't have fun" way either.  Best way I can explain it is with an anecdote.  Say I really want this Hot Toys Thanos....

(which I actually do, 14 inches tall)

.....but it costs around 400 dollars.  Now as an adult I can say, "man I want that for my collection, but I can't spare the cash right now.  Bills to pay repairs to make yada yada yada..." and I go about my life.   If I thought as a "child"... " man I want that, I have 400 in the bank.  Those brakes can wait, I got to have that Thanos...."  Of course that mentality can incorporate into many facets of life.

I do a bit of both.  Sometime I will go into a Specific store not looking for a particular item, just seeing if anything catches my eye.  But I can scan the pertinent aisles where I know things l like are and be gone in no time.  Only Book and Hardware stores eat up my time.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5232 on: September 14, 2017, 02:44:07 AM »

Anyone believe in empaths? Or the power of empaths?
Well, I've been an empath as long as I can remember.. has it's perks, and it's sucky points. Well, I really connected with someone, and things have been b*tchin.. but like I felt something wasn't right, for about 3 weeks now.. sure enough, freaking wheels came off the "relationship" with this person.. such a bummer.. so much I confided and trusted in her, and just crumbled me up and threw me aside.. now, I'm stuck with this attachment, and it's hard to let it go. I know how to let it go, but it involves meeting up with her, and it's not likely to happen, so in the meantime, sick to my stomach, headaches, can't sleep.. all her stuff, and oh yeah, she's trying to get back with her ex who is a, I won't even say it cuz I'd get banned! But just imagine the expletives..

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5233 on: September 14, 2017, 03:36:36 AM »

Anyone believe in empaths? Or the power of empaths?
Well, I've been an empath as long as I can remember.. has it's perks, and it's sucky points. Well, I really connected with someone, and things have been b*tchin.. but like I felt something wasn't right, for about 3 weeks now.. sure enough, freaking wheels came off the "relationship" with this person.. such a bummer.. so much I confided and trusted in her, and just crumbled me up and threw me aside.. now, I'm stuck with this attachment, and it's hard to let it go. I know how to let it go, but it involves meeting up with her, and it's not likely to happen, so in the meantime, sick to my stomach, headaches, can't sleep.. all her stuff, and oh yeah, she's trying to get back with her ex who is a, I won't even say it cuz I'd get banned! But just imagine the expletives..

Have I ever mentioned to you that your life sucks? Also, I'm glad I'm not going through that sort of thing ... anymore.

I dealt with it about 16 years ago. Ugly divorce, what I thought was a good relationship that turned out not to be, being tossed aside and forgotten (which turned out to be a very good thing, though it was harder to see at the time). However, I did find someone who understands me perfectly, and who I understand. And thankfully she's EXTREMELY patient with me. And now we're coming up on our 15 year anniversary. I got lucky because I wasn't looking for a relationship. I found a friend, and it went from there.

I'm not going to give you any advice, except to keep in mind that it is possible to get through this and end up happy. Not, of course, guaranteed, but possible.

Oh, and to answer your initial question(s), yes. Though to me it's a simple fact of existence, not a matter of belief. What you need is a way shut people out. That I will give you advice on, PM if you're interested.
--–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my vent. It's too long until October.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5234 on: September 14, 2017, 04:50:08 AM »

Have I ever mentioned to you that your life sucks? Also, I'm glad I'm not going through that sort of thing ... anymore.

I dealt with it about 16 years ago. Ugly divorce, what I thought was a good relationship that turned out not to be, being tossed aside and forgotten (which turned out to be a very good thing, though it was harder to see at the time). However, I did find someone who understands me perfectly, and who I understand. And thankfully she's EXTREMELY patient with me. And now we're coming up on our 15 year anniversary. I got lucky because I wasn't looking for a relationship. I found a friend, and it went from there.

I'm not going to give you any advice, except to keep in mind that it is possible to get through this and end up happy. Not, of course, guaranteed, but possible.

Oh, and to answer your initial question(s), yes. Though to me it's a simple fact of existence, not a matter of belief. What you need is a way shut people out. That I will give you advice on, PM if you're interested.
--–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my vent. It's too long until October.

Oh I know my life sucks.. it's like the day just opens my mouth and pours the p*ss down my throat.. when it's done, it adds sh*t for color and consistency...
I know how to disconnect, but this one is tricky, cuz she is an empath herself.. think she's holding on

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: