Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LE Initiate for 5 year old - Green - Heavy Duty  (Read 8873 times)
navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 04:22:35 AM »

WARNING: The following video is of expert saber play. Do not attempt without extensive Force sensitive training. The Way of the Resilient Flesh Eternal is a prerequisite. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

Elite Saber Form: Noodle Fury
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBGJ8SS91UU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Noodle Fury</a>

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »

Oh my goodness!  He's so tough he GRABBED HIS OWN BLADE!!!  That's amazing!

BTW, I notice that the plastic lightsaber is entirely forgotten when he sees the Ultrasaber.

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »

Yeah, pretty much. Smiley

We have three of those laying around, and we still use them for dueling. I won't let him swing that Ultra at me. I actually just got in trouble. And I mean from more than just Ultra about the brightness thread. This was much more dangerous. See, I let my 5 and two year olds really wail on me and each other with those plastics. Yeah, they get hurt, but, unlike most parents I realize that's not the end of the world. They do what I say so it's contained, but if they're fighting, hell, let them learn I say.

BUT.

We were in an elevator this weekend and Killian was of course packing his saber around like a good little Jedi. An old timer got in and thought it was really cool so he started a duel with my son, using his finger. Killian sparked it, was a good boy and just waved it around a little bit in the confined space, but even so, clipped my wife right in her mouth.

Haha. I'm not laughing, really.

Yeah, my wife is not quite as hardy as I am, and these things have heft. I was, uhm... yeah. Anyway.

Heh.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »

lol Oh, man... I feel for you though. My mom's the same way. I'm 20 and I come home (Yay for freeloading!) from airsofting with welts and dried blood (tiny scratches, really) on my nose from taking some really righteous hits. Yeah... she didn't wanna hear anymore about my day. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

dark side points please!

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

This was a great review.  I have a question for anyone who knows, is the blazing red as bright as the consular green or guardian blues? I have heard this once before and I was wondering if this was true.

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

My son's green is so bright that in the evening it is somewhat hard to look at near the base. Our red does not hurt to look at, though it is damned bright. But I mean, can you get more different colors than blue and red? You either want red, or you want green/blue. No matter how bright green gets, it's not going to be red.

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

dark side points please!

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 06:38:09 PM »

I'm just trying to figure out how bright some of these colors are.  This is going to be my first ultra saber ever.  I know that I want the LE initiate but I am having a hard time choosing the colors because I like so many of them.  I want to know what colors look good on the hilt but all the pictures on the internet aren't how you would see an ultra saber in person.  The blade is usually white and then glows what ever color it's supposed to be.  It would help if I could see one in person or at least a good quality picture.     

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »

Did you click that link for our "red" review above? It has pictures of each type of blade under and without flash. The true to life appearence is probably right about in between them. An unlit blade is only "white" if it's an Ultra Edge. Otherwise it's a pretty cool looking in its own right clear silvery color.

EDIT: My Prophecy review has similar shots of the green. Can't help you with the blue.

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

dark side points please!

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

Thanks man that helped.  I really like the red so i might get that.  However the arctic blue looks very nice but I think I'll just get red.  I think that would look better on this hilt. 

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »

Check out my Dark War Glaive review it is guardian blue Grin

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Rintor
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »

Fantastic review! Thank you! This will really help me. I'm planning to get my daughter a Violet Initiate for her 6th birthday. I'm excited to see how much she might love it.

"In half an hour I can put together a strike team of twenty soldiers, capable of succeeding at any mission, under any circumstances, anywhere in the galaxy." ― General Crix Madine

Stopher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »

Nice review. I think the blade might be a bit short for my boys, 10 and 8. Going to wait and see my first order is like from Ultra Sabers and then probably buy them one each, one black and one silver.......yes I'm in for a world of hurt and bruises. The 10 yer old already has one of the modular lightsabers where you can basically have any colour and make different dabers with plastic pieces you swap in and out....he loves it.

taylorjaymz
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 02:09:20 AM »

Very nice review. I had the same problem with the end cap on my Aeon. I just banged it on the floor a few times and it came loose, and hasn't done that again.
lucky, not really a problem but iv gone through over 20 blade tips on only two sabers in months.

Hasbro Luke FX-STOCK
MR Vader FX-STOCK
MR Maul Half-STOCK
MR-Anakin-STOCK W/Damage
Aeon  v2-CG
CG Prophecy-GB
Phantom V2 custom staff-FO
Phantasm V3 LE STAFF W/OBSIDIAN AND AV SWITCHES(AV-one blue one green)- VA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 02:57:42 AM »

Nice saber. You're a great dad. Cheesy Light side points for the son. xp This made me want an initiate even more but for a duel wield saber. I got a Dominix V2 LE and its great. Hope your son enjoys his saber in the future and that you will allow him to upgrade to an Initiate V3 if he sticks with that model. =] Oh and with Obsidian goodies.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 03:06:47 AM »

There's a V3 in the house: my wife's Sunrider LE. He doesn't like it anywhere near as much as his own. I tend to agree as far as appearance, fit and handle. I hope they continue to make both versions because I find decided benefits to each.

Thanks for your kind words.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: