Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Mantis  (Read 344991 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 04:33:30 AM »

The raffle is on for a few more days, maybe the Mantis will be on DotD before it expires? If not then it can still be ordered while the raffle is running.

You guys know we typically don't give any intel on DotD sabers of the future.  But I would feel bad having folks sitting around waiting for a saber this special to pop up as the DotD knowing it's not going to happen for a long time.  So, I will make an exception and make it known this one time that no versions of the Mantis will be the DotD during the raffle or for quite a while for that matter.  With the demand that DotD sabers draw, we don't have the stock at this time to merit that.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2014, 04:47:20 AM »

You guys know we typically don't give any intel on DotD sabers of the future.  But I would feel bad having folks sitting around waiting for a saber this special to pop up as the DotD knowing it's not going to happen for a long time.  So, I will make an exception and make it known this one time that no versions of the Mantis will be the DotD during the raffle or for quite a while for that matter.  With the demand that DotD sabers draw, we don't have the stock at this time to merit that.
Wow never seen a spoiler for a non dotd before ah well guess I'll go drool some more. How am I going to sneak this in the house?

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Darth Burgaar
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -68

Dark Side points Please!

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 06:05:16 AM »

Ok . . I'm not on for a couple of days, and -THIS- Happens!!! HOLE'E CARP in a SHEET STROM!  Shocked

BRAVO U.S. Team! I'll be honest, Although curved hilts are not my 'thing'?! The Mantis is BEAUTIFUL!! And in soooo many different versions!  Shocked

I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to compete in the raffle this time round ( as funding is a little short  Huh ) but again well done!

"The Sith have no Fear and give no Quarter!! If you challenge them? . . then pray the Force is with you!"
My Sabers : Malice, Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion, Archon 2.1, Chosen One CE, Graflex CE (all Emerald) Liberator, 2x Initiate v3.1.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:29 AM »

In other words, "Here's your damn curved saber, NOW LEAVE US ALONE!!!"
I kid I kid. Seriously Ultra Sabers, awesome job with this!

Invested time and money for only one...I think not! This is the test saber to see how curved sabers demand will grow or slow...I promise if this one sells well the "Count"down will begin!

Anyway this is a sey sabers and honestly didn't expect anything less from US! They make great products for the fans and they are also saber enthusiasts so obviously a curved saber was coming, but this is why 8 love this company because they will never put something up for sale that doesn't completely give the customer what they want and beyond.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:53:48 AM by Kal-El » Logged

Lightside points if any are given

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 11:43:32 AM »

I actually do like this design. I wouldn't buy the blue or red anodized model of this, but the Dark and CE versions are really cool! Plus the option to buy BOTH versions of the emitter is a great feature!

I might have to get one next year, and I'm not one for curved sabers. Looking forward to the next great design from US!!!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »

I like the design as well, I think I just have a "thing" about curved hilts, rather like Prowl and his feelings towards the Monarch.  :-)
that being said, this is a stunning hilt and impressive, it will make a HUGE impression and anyone with a "sith" bent is going to want one in their collection I think.
I especially like the purchase option to get both emitters (clawed and de-clawed) which gives you mulitple looks with one purchase.  Very nice!

I am also interested to hear some "battle reports" on them, to see how they do as dueling blades.  I know the curved hilt is supposed to be somehow advantageous, I'd love to see/hear how it works out.

And of course, the dream of the "Count" hilt continues unabated...  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 02:27:09 PM »

I wish I could order all the pommels do you know what I could do with ten of those chokes Grin
Although at that point I might as well get me the crimson scorpion and the azure mantis.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »

I like the design as well, I think I just have a "thing" about curved hilts, rather like Prowl and his feelings towards the Monarch.  :-)
that being said, this is a stunning hilt and impressive, it will make a HUGE impression and anyone with a "sith" bent is going to want one in their collection I think.
I especially like the purchase option to get both emitters (clawed and de-clawed) which gives you mulitple looks with one purchase.  Very nice!

I am also interested to hear some "battle reports" on them, to see how they do as dueling blades.  I know the curved hilt is supposed to be somehow advantageous, I'd love to see/hear how it works out.

Patience young one...

Lightside points if any are given

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »

LOL  If you saw the salt-and-pepper in my beard you'd refrain from using "young one". 

"Codger" maybe...  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Kentavius
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »

Curved hilts are amazing for dueling! The bend gives you an slight edge cause you don't have to move your wrist as much. Though, I forget which saber style destroys Dooku's style... But none of my friends will know what it was in practice, so I'll have the edge for sure.

I'm interested in seeing pics when everyone gets theirs. I got a black mantis in BR with both emitters and the quick disconnect. I think it'd look great in CG or GB as well, not to mention probably any purple. Might pick up DVA in the future...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »

I just ordered a CE in emerald green with both emitters.  I've never really been a fan of that style of pommel so I am hoping I can use the clawless emitter as a pommel instead.  I'll have to see if it's compatible when it comes in.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »

I just ordered a CE in emerald green with both emitters.  I've never really been a fan of that style of pommel so I am hoping I can use the clawless emitter as a pommel instead.  I'll have to see if it's compatible when it comes in.
Should work the entire thing is MHS compatible.

Sabers:

Wish list:

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »

My thoughts on the Monarch seem well know. Tongue 

The Mantis is a nice piece of work and I love all of the options it has, two emitters with the ability to order both, two pommel types, four hilt versions to choose from, it's most impressive.  Not a fan of curved hits myself but I am glad to see that many are getting their wish for a curved hilt answered.  And I'm hoping that future sabers will have as many options to choose between that the Mantis has.  The future looks good!

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

My thoughts on the Monarch seem well know. Tongue 

The Mantis is a nice piece of work and I love all of the options it has, two emitters with the ability to order both, two pommel types, four hilt versions to choose from, it's most impressive.  Not a fan of curved hits myself but I am glad to see that many are getting their wish for a curved hilt answered.  And I'm hoping that future sabers will have as many options to choose between that the Mantis has.  The future looks good!
Not to mention that you can also get either the guardian or scorpion pommel with your saber:).

Sabers:

Wish list:

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »

Molina00 it will work. I got that clawed emitter early with the last raffle and for curiosity sake I stuck it on the bottom of my dark prophecy and it fit just fine. It made it look like an old rocket from some 50's sci fi though. Honestly I have never been a fan of curved hilts only because they seem like they would be somewhat awkward to wield but I love the look of this one. I'm hoping I manage to get lucky with this raffle and can get one along with my entry saber (bellicose in BR) if not then ill for sure get one in the next few months. I'd love an emerald but that's way over my price range for what is essentially a collectible for myself.   So I'll just get one with sound but I already know I want the CE version with both emitters in either GB or CG. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again US, you guys rock. Oh also, to anyone who does for some reason end up with two of them... Please stick me together into a staff and show us what that would look like...

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: