Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Academy: Korriban  (Read 145589 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2016, 12:17:47 AM »

I just found out about the character the Son. I saw images of him putting out red lightning. Is the red color of any significance?

As far as is known, color does not denote any special significance.

From Force Lightning/Legends:

While most Force Lightning manifested itself as blue, it could appear in several hues, though whether or not the color is distinctive was unclear. For example, Palpatine, Darth Bane and Darth Nox had all used purple lightning. The Hidden One used white. Talzin and Mother were seen using green. Dark side users like Darth Desolous, Darth Tenebrous, Son and Luke Skywalker were seen wielding red. Jaina Solo also used a highly unusual color variant, in the form of black.[55]

Full article can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning/Legends

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2016, 06:24:33 PM »

As far as is known, color does not denote any special significance.

From Force Lightning/Legends:

While most Force Lightning manifested itself as blue, it could appear in several hues, though whether or not the color is distinctive was unclear. For example, Palpatine, Darth Bane and Darth Nox had all used purple lightning. The Hidden One used white. Talzin and Mother were seen using green. Dark side users like Darth Desolous, Darth Tenebrous, Son and Luke Skywalker were seen wielding red. Jaina Solo also used a highly unusual color variant, in the form of black.[55]

Full article can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning/Legends

Hmmm.... I know the predominant color of Sith lightning is purple/blue, but I've also heard of instances of Jedi using a variant of the ability that manifests in green.

Thanks. -1

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2016, 05:50:58 AM »

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Lightning

It drains the Force from the user. It's heat is from cosmic energy instead of electrical.

Green lightning is mentioned as a forbidden technique in Jedi Path. It is based on an emotional sense of justice. It is not known if it could kill, like blue/purple Sith lightning.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Lightning

It drains the Force from the user. It's heat is from cosmic energy instead of electrical.

Green lightning is mentioned as a forbidden technique in Jedi Path. It is based on an emotional sense of justice. It is not known if it could kill, like blue/purple Sith lightning.

It drains the Force from the user or the target?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2016, 11:12:36 PM »

Target. Oops. Point taken...errr, given in this case.  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »

Target. Oops. Point taken...errr, given in this case.  Wink

Hmm.....

Sig by For Tyeth

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2016, 10:57:11 PM »

And I didn't read that it gives force to the user. It's not a force drain thing, from what I read. Though, I do remember something like that in a game. Jedi Academy maybe?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »

And I didn't read that it gives force to the user. It's not a force drain thing, from what I read. Though, I do remember something like that in a game. Jedi Academy maybe?

Oh. I highly doubt that survived the Purge.

Sig by For Tyeth

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2016, 09:22:11 PM »

We know almost nothing about red lightning post purge. The Son uses it. I think that's all we know. With the new singing Kyber crystals canon, I think they'll do anything they want. It feels like the wands that pick their owner in Harry Potter. I won't be surprised if we get Jedi polyjuice potion and Sithsbane repellant. Jedi and Sith are not Slytherin and Hufflepuff!!! Rant complete.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2016, 05:54:21 AM »

Are there any non-Sith dark side user examples?

I'm wondering about these Knights of Ren. I expect examples in Original canon will be borrowed from to make these Knights of Ren. Knights has such an honorable association. It should be more than just self serving.

Are there old Sith origin groups or non-Sith groups that use the dark side for some other higher purpose?

I know there are those who think Jedi should eventually train to be able to use the dark side without falling to it completely.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »

I'm wondering about these Knights of Ren. I expect examples in Original canon will be borrowed from to make these Knights of Ren. Knights has such an honorable association. It should be more than just self serving.

Are there old Sith origin groups or non-Sith groups that use the dark side for some other higher purpose?

I know there are those who think Jedi should eventually train to be able to use the dark side without falling to it completely.

Yes, quite a few, although most of them are before the Sith species was discovered.

Probably the most well known example would be the Nightsisters.

Going way back in history, you have the Legions of Lettow: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legions_of_Lettow

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2016, 08:46:04 PM »

With the new singing Kyber crystals canon, I think they'll do anything they want.
For the love of Skywalker, tell me this is not seriously a thing.

This leads me to another question that pertains more to the Jedi, that I will ask in the other thread.

From my research in the Book of the Sith, the Sith were simply a species that had intimate knowledge of the Dark Side, but (from what I understood) not much knowledge of the Force. The Dark Side was regarded more as a form of sorcery. After (I believe) the first Great Schism of the Jedi Order, a group of outcast Dark Jedi found their way to Korriban, where they subjugated the Sith species (later to become known as Sith Purebloods). The conquering Dark Jedi then became referred to as Dark Lords of the Sith, as in they lorded over them. As the two societies mingled, the whole simply became known as the Sith, and the title of Dark Lord became that of a high ranking Dark Side adept.

Later on, in the Bane trilogy, the "Sith" known as the Brotherhood of Darkness were little more than a pale shadow of what the name used to represent. During his academic exile, Bane discovered what the Sith used to be. He concluded that the Brotherhood was nothing more than a shadowy reflection of the Jedi Order, and set out to destroy both. By doing so, he fulfilled the prophecy of the Sith'ari: the one who would bring new strength to the order by destroying it. By reducing the purported number of Sith in the galaxy to 2, he made the order all but invisible and regarded as nothing more than rumor for more than a millennium. During the events of Legacy of Evil, Zannah decided to make her play for the mantel or Master. She encountered a dark Jedi who had been seeking Dark Side artifacts. He proved to be nothing more than a coward. Seeking only to enrich his own life, he believed in nothing. However, as her first candidate escaped, she encountered another in the form of a Force sensitive bounty hunter known as the Huntress. After her seeming defeat of Darth Bane, Zannah took the Huntress as her new apprentice, Darth Cognis.

The Nightsisters of Dathomir were another such organization that utilized the Dark Side as a form of sorcery. And according to the story of Lost Tribe of the Sith, a population of Sith still exist on the planet of Kesh. But due to atmospheric issues, as well as a lack of natural resources, they were unable to get off-world until events in the Fate of the Jedi series.

Sig by For Tyeth

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »

I've read Book of Sith. I don't consider Dathomir's Nightsisters real force users. They don't consider themselves that either. Though they'd compare to old Sith before the dark Jedi came. I wanted to know of Sith with higher purpose besides power and self preservation, like Bane who found a new way to preserve Sith teachings with rule of 2 but still just serves himself. Knights just doesn't fit a self serving group in our modern use of the word. Although, reality was knights were soldiers serving the king and his lords within a class system of dominance. We've come to expect an honorable association from the word knight.

I also wanted to know of other groups not connected to the Sith knowledge path that might be comparable to what we're expecting of Knights of Ren who can defeat Jedi. I would be disappointed to find it's just another Sith offshoot besides Darth.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »

I've read Book of Sith. I don't consider Dathomir's Nightsisters real force users. They don't consider themselves that either. Though they'd compare to old Sith before the dark Jedi came. I wanted to know of Sith with higher purpose besides power and self preservation, like Bane who found a new way to preserve Sith teachings with rule of 2 but still just serves himself. Knights just doesn't fit a self serving group in our modern use of the word. Although, reality was knights were soldiers serving the king and his lords within a class system of dominance. We've come to expect an honorable association from the word knight.

I also wanted to know of other groups not connected to the Sith knowledge path that might be comparable to what we're expecting of Knights of Ren who can defeat Jedi. I would be disappointed to find it's just another Sith offshoot besides Darth.

That is the whole point behind the Sith. The ultimate authority is self. Bane destroyed the Brotherhood for his own ideals. However, he did establish the Grand Plan, which was the eventual destruction of the Jedi and the take over of the Republic, which culminated in Darth Sidious. Bane's motives were less selfish than most Sith, but his quest for more power was no less insatiable. Bane believed the truth that power is a means to an end, not the end itself. As far as what was divulged in the trilogy, it is unclear what Bane had in mind for the galaxy once the Grand Plan reached fruition.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the bounty hunter known as the Huntress was a very capable assassin, that good resourcefully dispatch your average Jedi knight. Once she learned that her power could grow, she accepted Zannah's "invitation" to become the Sith Apprentice.

[Side note: It would have made an interesting read had someone continued writing stories surrounding the Bane line of succession up to Darth Plagueis.]

I fear however that the Knights of Ren will be nothing more than Force sensitive thugs that work for Snoke, in a similar fashion to SWR's Inquisitors.

Darth Tepes, do you know of any parallels in the OC to the KoR?

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2016, 03:44:28 AM »

I'm sure this is written somewhere, but I have not read many SW books sadly Cry  But my question is who was Darth Plagueis' master, and was Plagueis actually Sidious's master?  I am also wondering where Snoke came from, but since Episode VIII has not yet come out, I don't think anyone can give me a true answer to this question.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: