Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 180382 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »

It has been a long time since I watched Dragon Heart, that is why I didn't recognize it. Still a cool sword.

Even though Denise Quaid and Sean Connery are in it, I'd consider it a B movie and don't think it was ever well known.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »

Even though Denise Quaid and Sean Connery are in it, I'd consider it a B movie and don't think it was ever well known.

I would never have heard of it except for some friends who we just happened to be over at their house and we watched it. It is kind of a corny movie, but it has some cool ideas. Plus Dragons.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2017, 12:01:27 AM »

I'll be honest, I first saw it when it came out on VHS, and I thought it was pretty bad.  I've seen a ton of B movies that I liked far, far better.

Pretty much, Pete Postlethwaite was the only part I enjoyed.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2017, 01:28:11 AM »

I guess it depends on the Circles you run in..Dragonheart was pretty big when it came out in my school.  I was 13 when it came out and went to the theater to see it.  At the time Draco was pretty i impressive to see on the screen add to it Connery's voice.  Long story short...Bite me...I like it.   Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2017, 03:08:32 AM »

Haha . . . well I liked it at the time too.  Don't think I could stomach more than 5min of it these days Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjSw-4qcgM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRjSw-4qcgM</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »

Eh, I still like it today...I mean do I think its a masterpiece...no..  But still enjoyable for what it is.  The Sequels on the other hand....     A little FYI video from Scholgladitoria.   The term Broadsword is grossly misused so here is a little info on the proper use and history of the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GYGSkdwCMo

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2017, 02:11:14 PM »

Because everyone tried so hard and failed to point out what movie this sword is from Tongue I shall tell ... it's Bowen's sword form the movie Dragon Heart. 

Now what's really intriguing is that this was $300 discounted at 60% when my wife bought it for me (sweet!)

Our sword discussions has certainly sparked my interest in the hobby again and so as I was window shopping around I found this sword available for sale online for $1300.  Whaaaa?  Didn't double check other sources to see if that was legit but I wasn't expecting an increase in value for anything I have, just interesting is all.

Nice! I didn't recall Bowen's sword having the fancy work on the blade or hilt. Now I need to find and watch that again.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2017, 12:54:05 AM »

Eh, I still like it today...I mean do I think its a masterpiece...no..  But still enjoyable for what it is.  The Sequels on the other hand....     A little FYI video from Scholgladitoria.   The term Broadsword is grossly misused so here is a little info on the proper use and history of the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GYGSkdwCMo

The term "broadsword", I tend to stay away from except in one case.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgWLyAxzBI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgWLyAxzBI</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2017, 01:28:21 AM »

The term "broadsword", I tend to stay away from except in one case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgWLyAxzBI

Nice....

What about Axes  Tongue

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2017, 01:28:54 AM »

Thanks for this informative lesson.  It is confusing.  For me this sword/blade is not only broad... but the length would make it a hand & half long sword.  Not technically of course.

point  Smiley

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:49 AM »

Nice....

What about Axes  Tongue

Nice.  I don't yet have a good viking axe.

And, thus far, my only helmet is unsuited for that kind of outfit.  It's more designed to withstand up to pistol rounds and to mount night vision gear onto.   Grin

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2017, 04:51:14 AM »

Nice....

What about Axes  Tongue

Look at you!  Seeing all that gear makes me scared at how much skill it'd take to survive those times  Shocked

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »

Look at you!  Seeing all that gear makes me scared at how much skill it'd take to survive those times  Shocked

It's why most of the petty bullcrap we have now just didn't exist (or at least to the extent) then.  You had to be doing something to survive.  Fighting, farming, hunting, fishing, making wares to sell...the majority of your life was focused on keeping it.  I find people also forget that fighters or Military were not like modern ones where they don't began receiving training until adulthood...warriors in those days were training at least by 12.    Just Remember...Viking was a job not the name of a culture  :p

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »

Dauntless, I'm curious as to your opinion of the Wakazashi for practice. I've considered getting one, but haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVwaY0NEQU

OMG !!!  I actually posted a video.  Grin  Now what did I do to make that happen lol.

I don't use my Wakazashi as a 2nd hand sword.  It's more for practicing form in a tighter apartment space.  I trained in Tiger Claw gung fu style for many years so the length of this is complimentary for closer striking.  And I also can use as a 2 handed saber.  I like it a lot.  Since the strike is more of an extension of a straighter arm... it helps to remind me to become more one with the sword. Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks everyone for all the posts about the practice/training poly sabers.  Have to agree that they are no comparison to ones made from a metal/steel but I still like my CS ones.  And I don't have to be concerned about getting a locker and secure lock.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:46 PM »

And I don't have to be concerned about getting a locker and secure lock.

....For What?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: