Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497001 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4965 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:21 AM »

Kit Fisto, Ki Adi Mundi, Imperial Knight inspired lightsabers please? =]

Agreed.

I loved the saber, the activation box was the one thing that was kind of a let down for me too.   I would probably choose the coffin style over the box.

I don't mind the activation box on this one, but I'd prefer it off. I'll probably go with coffin style as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4966 on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:04 AM »

I like the coffin case activation box option. Why take it off for? Tongue

I just prefer the look without it, more like the original design:  

I think they absolutely had the right idea removing the activation box from the upper grip . . . I just personally wish they stopped there.  It feels like an unnecessary design update and just adds something to interfere with my grip.

I'm aware the majority of everyone on here seems to love it - but just not me.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4967 on: February 28, 2017, 05:21:33 AM »

How about getting a small reserve of your hilts from the machinist with ZERO drill-outs and/or taps so that full DIYers can choose what to do there?

Like - I love the new Emperor's Hand, it's gorgeous - but if I had my choice, I would much rather buy an Empty Hilt with no switch or covertec hole so I could try and replace one of the upper rivets with a disguised tactile switch . . . or at the very least just use an inset silver 12mm momentary switch where the Activation Box currently is. 

So in a nutshell - it would be great if you get a small batch of pure DIY versions so the Customer/Installer could have complete control over where to place the switch, what size/type of switch, etc.

That would be most excellent.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4968 on: February 28, 2017, 05:29:47 AM »

It may be possible to get a low profile box from TCSS - hopefully with matching screw holes for mounting - to replace the stock one.  Or another two button screws to fill those holes to match the rest and use a std AV/bezel combo.

Food for thought.

I KNOW how it can impede fluid handling - but I do like the aesthetics of it just for how classic an activation box is to sabers.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4969 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »

It may be possible to get a low profile box from TCSS - hopefully with matching screw holes for mounting - to replace the stock one.  Or another two button screws to fill those holes to match the rest and use a std AV/bezel combo.

Food for thought.

I KNOW how it can impede fluid handling - but I do like the aesthetics of it just for how classic an activation box is to sabers.

Personally, I don't have a beef with the box, I just want virgin hilts because they open up a lot of other DIY possibilities.

Heck, I wish I could find a good activation box that wouldn't overhang the raised section of the Prophecy hilts that the button is on.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4970 on: February 28, 2017, 05:37:41 AM »

Personally, I don't have a beef with the box, I just want virgin hilts because they open up a lot of other DIY possibilities.

Heck, I wish I could find a good activation box that wouldn't overhang the raised section of the Prophecy hilts that the button is on.

I hear what you guys are saying for sure.

And with the Prophecy - read my mind.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #4971 on: February 28, 2017, 02:00:24 PM »

I just prefer the look without it, more like the original design:  

I think they absolutely had the right idea removing the activation box from the upper grip . . . I just personally wish they stopped there.  It feels like an unnecessary design update and just adds something to interfere with my grip.

I'm aware the majority of everyone on here seems to love it - but just not me.

I agree with you, I wish it was an option and not just by default. It was something that bugged me about the Fulcrum hilt 2nd to the weight and size.

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #4972 on: February 28, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »

An actual black light saber may not illuminate well but I'll get to see all sorts of fun things on the carpet! Cheesy

A color itself wont do anything you cant get black with a white border naturally around it. If you want a flat blade it will have to be colored black with etchings to reveal a white color led. And its not like you can just put a black steel rod in the ce ter of an ultrasaber and use a white LED the ENTIRE circumference will glow making the rod pointless.

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4973 on: February 28, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »

Manufacture one. Grin How are your shop skillz?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #4974 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »

The point is for the price if the product its easier for the manufacturer to make it an option than a customization project for a customer. I like to customize for fun, not to get a saber that I love with having to tweak it. I only say this because AV Switches and Colors are already an option so why isnt this an option?

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:

Aaronstar
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4975 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »

saber design suggestions (note: these are from a starwars MMO (SWTOR), please check legality first of course)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #4976 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

I could learn to do so.  I could also invest in all the shop equipment needed to do so.

Or not.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4977 on: February 28, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »

The point is for the price if the product its easier for the manufacturer to make it an option than a customization project for a customer. I like to customize for fun, not to get a saber that I love with having to tweak it. I only say this because AV Switches and Colors are already an option so why isnt this an option?

It would only be easier if it were being produced on a large scale. I totally feel you, having to go to an OSP for mods is a pain. I thought about getting some custom color work done on my Mantis. But if you want design perfection, you're the one who's going to have to front the cost of your dream.

Luckily I know a guy with a shop. (Dad) He helped with the claw mod.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Choc-O
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4978 on: February 28, 2017, 07:12:25 PM »

Never tried a recharge port but would it be nice to have it look like an AV Switch ?

My Sabers (10)
Dominix LE V2 (CG) (Grab Bag) | Prophecy V3 (RD) | Crimson Scorpion (Sound) (DVA & BH FoC) | Menace CE (Emerald) | Initiate V2 (AB) | Initiate V2 (CG) | Sentinel V4 (Diamond) | Black Reaper (Diamond) | Manticore (BR) (Sound V3) (Second Prize Spring Raffle 2017) | Guardian (Sound) (Tri-AB)

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #4979 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »

Never tried a recharge port but would it be nice to have it look like an AV Switch ?

The kill key already kinda fleshes it out.

It would only be easier if it were being produced on a large scale. I totally feel you, having to go to an OSP for mods is a pain. I thought about getting some custom color work done on my Mantis. But if you want design perfection, you're the one who's going to have to front the cost of your dream.

Luckily I know a guy with a shop. (Dad) He helped with the claw mod.

By colors I meants silver or black for the switch. Not my earlier post about color coats on saber parts just incase thats what you thought I meant

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: