Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496960 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6090 on: June 04, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »

Ha ha... very funny !  Grin

point  Cool

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6091 on: June 04, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »

Ha ha... very funny !  Grin

point  Cool
Thanks.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #6092 on: June 06, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »

It'd be nice to have an option to upgrade the internals.  Namely:

* 18650 battery
* An internal recharge port.  For stunt setups, the port would be mounted axially, behind the battery.  For sound setups, the port would be mounted radially, behind the speaker.
* All of this mounted onto an internal chassis frame

Thus, to recharge, take the pommel off and plug in the charger.  Sliding the chassis out shouldn't be required for stunt setups, and only a minimal extraction for sound setups, so this would greatly reduc wear-and-tear on the wiring.  (I use my sabers about once a week, and some wiring usually dies after about 2 years.  Usually it's the leads to the battery pack.)

I guess I can just order an empty hilt, get supplies from other suppliers, and try my hand at soldering, but I'm partial to a one-shop solution.  Smiley  And since US already does pay-for-only-what-you-want, I would hope this would fit in well with their business model.

(No, I don't want an external recharge port -- I don't like having an extra hole in the saber.  1, it's yet another way for dust to get in; 2, it can sometimes nick my hand.  Plus, half of the point of this is to upgrade to an 18650 battery.)

Sorry, one correction: for stunts, it's: pommel - axial recharge port - battery.  Pop off the pommel, stick in the charger, and you're good to go.  No sliding!

For sound setups, it's pommel - speaker - radial recharge port.  Pop off the pommel, slide out the chassis until the recharge port is exposed, voila.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Thanamira
Knight Captain

« Reply #6093 on: June 06, 2018, 12:09:20 PM »

Seeing the Manticore sale got me thinking: shorter variants!  Especially for staff, using a 12" hilt makes for too long a hilt when combined with an adjustable connector -- 1.9" coupler + 2 * 12 = 23.9" hilt!

I'm using two Initiate v3s (9.5"), so now my total hilt is 20.9" long.  It'd be great if I could upgrade the visuals to the Manticore (11.0") look, but there's no way I want to add 3" to my staff.

The Manticore already comes in a longer variant for Emerald drives, so I'd hope they could do shorter, too.

www.bostonlightsaber.com

Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Thanamira
Knight Captain

« Reply #6094 on: June 06, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »

One last request Smiley would be reverse sound setups.  And then combine it with my previous requests.

So for sound setup, working backwards from the pommel, the components are:
0.250": MHS threading for pommel
0.825": Momentary switch & power jack, mounted axially
2.717": 18650 battery.  Sound board also in this space.
0.630": Switch
0.750": Speaker, facing towards the emitter
0.787": Resonance cavity
1.500": LED module
0.250": MHS threading for emitter
1.700": Emitter
--------
9.5" total hilt length.  External aesthetics like a Manticore?  Ooooh.

The tricky part is hiding the wires going to the LED module -- there need to be holes in the resonance cavity, but I feel like crystal chamber setups have solved this.  But since I haven't made a crystal chamber, I'm not familiar with the solutions.

www.bostonlightsaber.com

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6095 on: June 06, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »

You do know that if you hit MODIFY you can edit posts with 1 hour of initially posting?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6096 on: June 06, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »

Flamberge and Renegade SE pommels added please? Tongue There's a build I want to do with one of them on one of my sabers =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6097 on: June 06, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »

Flamberge and Renegade SE pommels added please? Tongue There's a build I want to do with one of them on one of my sabers =]
Email them for a custom sale.

Sig by For Tyeth

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6098 on: June 06, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

ZT, I know I have mentioned to you the same as Logos above at least on the Renegade SE pommel.  Customer service will give you all the instructions on how to make the purchase.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6099 on: June 07, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »

Very funny video, taking the piss out of non-canon lightsabers.  Cheesy

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6100 on: June 10, 2018, 04:25:54 AM »

Because of the great response I got with the Dorinian, Archon, Guardian, and Chosen One descriptions, I thought I would try my luck again, and see if any of you wonderful saber fans would be willing to describe the following sabers to this Blind Jedi.
Electrum Wind:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39117.0
Fulcrum and Lost Gray:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39116.0
Graflex:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36579.0
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your help with these descriptions.
It gives me a better idea of what they look like, and well, makes me want to purchase them even more.
Thanks again.
Tthanks to Lady Agana Kath, for her wonderful description of the Chosen One.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36578.0
Thanks to Lord Rapine for his amazing description of the Dorinian.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38546.msg630647#msg630647
Thanks to Lord Rapine for his wonderful description of the Archon.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36580.0
Thanks to James Casey for his wonderful description of the Guardian.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36468.0

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6101 on: June 12, 2018, 02:39:14 AM »

Another new original design with a slanted style emitter? I just can't bring myself to do a Chosen One in a Jedi blade color even though lots of you probably has before Tongue I know we got the Prophecy, Reaper, and Bellicose sabers but yeah. Another new original design would be nice. I'm just a slanted saber emitter design fan more than anything. A slanted emitter version of a Dominix/Sentinel V4 would be sweet too I think =] Same body design just different emitter design but keep the original sabers as well kind of thing

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6102 on: June 12, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »

Another new original design with a slanted style emitter? I just can't bring myself to do a Chosen One in a Jedi blade color even though lots of you probably has before Tongue I know we got the Prophecy, Reaper, and Bellicose sabers but yeah. Another new original design would be nice. I'm just a slanted saber emitter design fan more than anything. A slanted emitter version of a Dominix/Sentinel V4 would be sweet too I think =] Same body design just different emitter design but keep the original sabers as well kind of thing
This is a great idea.  Plus it doesn't require much more machining.
There could even be an option on the product pages to get the slanted emitter, or the regular emitter.
Again great idea.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6103 on: June 12, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »

Now that you can buy all hilts empty I wish they would add all the bodies, emitters, and pommels to the parts section. I know you can probably order them by asking via email etc.. But having them in parts just makes it easier.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6104 on: June 12, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »

@BlindJedi, they need to add this idea in then. @UltraSabers, do this? Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: