Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945665 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3570 on: May 04, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

HELL NO!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3571 on: May 04, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »

HELL NO!

Problem with your Legos, Logos?

And Happy Star Wars day y'all, I'm raising a glass of blue milk to all you fine Saber folk out there!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3572 on: May 04, 2020, 09:08:33 PM »

Problem with your Legos, Logos?
Only when the building stops.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3573 on: May 07, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »

So? What about the last news?

Taika Waititi??

Leslye Headland??

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3574 on: May 07, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »

Dubious about the new film. Excited for Taika. Hopes are still on reserve. That is all.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3575 on: May 07, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »

Dubious about the new film. Excited for Taika. Hopes are still on reserve. That is all.

I feel the same ... Taika is great but I also read that Rian Johnson will be on the project ... so I am afraid ...

I am also curious about a show with Leslye Headland as show runner ...

Disney makes so disappointing things .... but also so amazing things with SW that I continue to be excited when I read news like this ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3576 on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:56 PM »

Can we talk TCW spoiler yet or do we still need a separate thread for that? Mostly I just want to know Logos' thoughts on the finale.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3577 on: May 07, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »

I feel the same ... Taika is great but I also read that Rian Johnson will be on the project ... so I am afraid ...
Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. I worry that he will actually be heading the project, but fearing the backlash from those that hated TLJ, they opted to keep his name off the top billing. That $#!%stick has a lot to answer for.

I am also curious about a show with Leslye Headland as show runner ...
Who?

Disney makes such disappointing things .... but also such amazing things with SW that I continue to be excited when I read news like this ....
I can no longer be excited about SW unless the chapter has already proven itself. TCW: wasn't excited by new season, but after re-watching the originals, didn't mind viewing. New seaon of Mando: on pins and needles. New movies: couldn't get a rise out of me with a crane.

Can we talk TCW spoiler yet or do we still need a separate thread for that? Mostly I just want to know Logos' thoughts on the finale.
Haven't seen yet. Will hopefully get through it tonight. I just got through the ep where the Ahsoka's 501 division attacked Maul's forces on Mandalore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the character Ursa; would that be Ursa Wren?

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3578 on: May 07, 2020, 09:36:21 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the character Ursa; would that be Ursa Wren?

That is correct. Quite a few nice little nods to things like Rebels and Solo.

Haven't seen yet. Will hopefully get through it tonight. I just got through the ep where the Ahsoka's 501 division attacked Maul's forces on Mandalore.

This whole final Siege of Mandalore arc is the best thing Disney has put out yet. And that is coming from someone who doesn't hate everything they've done.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3579 on: May 08, 2020, 02:43:09 AM »

*Double Facepalms*

I don't understand how Disney could be that insane, but at the the same time it somehow doesn't surprise me at this point. I used to think that he just messed up TLJ because he didn't know SW very well, but after pouring over the interviews, articles, and just any time he talked about the movie he made, I'm fully convinced he knew what he was doing to Star Wars... and reveled in it. I just can't tolerate that.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3580 on: May 08, 2020, 08:16:36 AM »

Who?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslye_Headland

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3581 on: May 08, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »

*Double Facepalms*

I don't understand how Disney could be that insane, but at the the same time it somehow doesn't surprise me at this point. I used to think that he just messed up TLJ because he didn't know SW very well, but after pouring over the interviews, articles, and just any time he talked about the movie he made, I'm fully convinced he knew what he was doing to Star Wars... and reveled in it. I just can't tolerate that.

There is an interview from when he did is movie "Brick" where he says basically he likes making divisive films that split people.  In and of itself that is not a negative against him.... But Star Wars is not the place for that.  But at the end of the day , you cant put it all at his feet.  If someone lets a bull into a china shop and it destroys everything... is the bull to blame?  or the person who let it in.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3582 on: May 08, 2020, 04:06:47 PM »

That is correct. Quite a few nice little nods to things like Rebels and Solo.
I don't remember any nods to Solo

This whole final Siege of Mandalore arc is the best thing Disney has put out yet. And that is coming from someone who doesn't hate everything they've done.
I liked the first 2 parts. The fight between Maul and Ahsoka felt felt organic; like motion capture. I didn't think to read all the credits, but I wonder if Master Park did the motion caption work for that sequence. I loved how Maul, though he hated Sidious, was utterly terrified of him. I also loved how he was pretty much the only one in the galaxy that knew what was about to go down. How did he get away from Sidious in S5? I'm still on the fence about Maul's new level of ability. Ripping apart the hyperspace generator and peeling off deck plates to use for shields: LOVED IT! Waiving away blaster bolts seemed a bit too OP. A bit too much throw back to bad movies. And WTF was the deal with Anakin having to #$%& with her crystals, and the new sound? Why can't these #$%&heads leave well enough alone?

The one thing that ruined the whole finale: Rex. Whoever is in charge of keeping the story straight needs to be dragged out into the street and shot. In SWR (a pre-existing DISNEY SW story) Rex hadt to explain to Kanan that despite being clones, he, Gregor and Wolfe all had their chips removed BEFORE Order 66 came down, and therefore were not part of the Purge. For Rex, the most logical time to do so would have been after the Fives incident. But...leave it to #$%&-up Filoni (yes I read the credits and saw that he wrote the finale) to not pay attention to details. I swear, at this rate the SW story franchise is shaping up to mimic the X-movies. Angry

*Double Facepalms*

Because they already know that he is more than willing and ready to suck KK's dick, and produce the level of crap she wants in order to further her plan to forever ruin SW.

Doesn't help. I've never heard of anything she's known for.

There is an interview from when he did is movie "Brick" where he says basically he likes making divisive films that split people.  In and of itself that is not a negative against him.... But Star Wars is not the place for that.  But at the end of the day , you cant put it all at his feet.  If someone lets a bull into a china shop and it destroys everything... is the bull to blame?  or the person who let it in.
Meh. Turn the bull into hamburger, and eviscerate the mook that brought it in for use as sausage casing. -_-

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3583 on: May 08, 2020, 05:37:15 PM »

I don't remember any nods to Solo
I liked the first 2 parts. The fight between Maul and Ahsoka felt felt organic; like motion capture. I didn't think to read all the credits, but I wonder if Master Park did the motion caption work for that sequence. I loved how Maul, though he hated Sidious, was utterly terrified of him. I also loved how he was pretty much the only one in the galaxy that knew what was about to go down. How did he get away from Sidious in S5? I'm still on the fence about Maul's new level of ability. Ripping apart the hyperspace generator and peeling off deck plates to use for shields: LOVED IT! Waiving away blaster bolts seemed a bit too OP. A bit too much throw back to bad movies. And WTF was the deal with Anakin having to #$%& with her crystals, and the new sound? Why can't these #$%&heads leave well enough alone?

The one thing that ruined the whole finale: Rex. Whoever is in charge of keeping the story straight needs to be dragged out into the street and shot. In SWR (a pre-existing DISNEY SW story) Rex hadt to explain to Kanan that despite being clones, he, Gregor and Wolfe all had their chips removed BEFORE Order 66 came down, and therefore were not part of the Purge. For Rex, the most logical time to do so would have been after the Fives incident. But...leave it to #$%&-up Filoni (yes I read the credits and saw that he wrote the finale) to not pay attention to details. I swear, at this rate the SW story franchise is shaping up to mimic the X-movies. Angry
Because they already know that he is more than willing and ready to suck KK's dick, and produce the level of crap she wants in order to further her plan to forever ruin SW.
Doesn't help. I've never heard of anything she's known for.
Meh. Turn the bull into hamburger, and eviscerate the mook that brought it in for use as sausage casing. -_-

The Solo nod was when Maul was speaking to the Holograms of his Lt's....Dryden Vos was to his right.

That absolutely was Ray MoCapping Maul...they announced that a few months back I believe.  Stunt woman Lauren Mary Kim was the Mocap artist for Ahsoka.  When you can, check out the behind the scenes here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYyJa2Upas" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYyJa2Upas</a>

What happened to Maul after S5 was covered in the Comic Series: Son of Dathomir.  Like Dark Disciple it was a story meant for Clone Wars but never got made before they were cancelled.  Dooku "rescues" Maul convincing him he's betrayed Palpatine but its a ploy to draw the spirit of Mother Talzin out.  Palps destroys Talzin and Maul is dragged away by his Mandos.  Palps tells Dooku Maul is no longer a threat.

Got to remember, much of this if not all of it was already written and ready to go before Rebels.  They could have changed it for Rebels but kept the original idea here.  But, If I remember correctly (I will see if I can find the clip since I do not own Rebels on DVD).  Rex said they had their chips removed before they could "Betray their Jedi."  Certain POV time.  Their chips were removed after Order 66 was started but none had killed a Jedi yet.

According to some Sources there is a Civil War brewing in Lucasfilm between those in KK's Corner and those supporting Faveru and Filoni.  KK wanted more control over the Mandolorian but was overruled.  Then the hiring of Leslye Headland has cause division in Lucasfilm as well.  Mainly about her association with Harvey Weinstein.  But all this is rumor of course.

As for who she is, the only thing I have seen of hers is Russian Doll...which wasn't horrible.  Basically a groundhog's day scenario except the main character keeps dying to restart the day.  She apparently deleted over 200 past tweets the day it was announced she was hired...which was kind of smart on her part...but has made many suspicious of what she was hiding.  As well there has been pushback because their only selling point so far on her show is that it is female centric.  Many fans (male and female) have made their displeasure apparent.  Not because they mind it being female lead...just that they are using that as the pitch.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3584 on: May 08, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »

Tepes already answered the MoCap and Solo things. As for Rex, Gregor and Wolfe, I believe that Wolfe did execute Order 66 (though he may not have succeeded in killing Plo Koon), Gregor never even got the message, and Rex just said that he didn't kill his jedi.

As for the Crystals, Filoni answered that by saying that Anakin knows enough about crystals and how they work to be able to tweak them slightly (reposition them, had nothing to do with force infusion stuff you hate so much) to get them to shine blue.

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: