Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653718 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1695 on: February 16, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »

Well, today you get your training droids, along with a new event to play with.

Edit:  Oh man, that first event level is always good for an evil laugh.  AOE *Everybody dies* AOE *Everbody dies* AOE *Everybody but the leader dies*  Oh look, a sliver of heath left.  *sneezes*

Edit 2:  Sith Trooper is sooooo meant for EP lead if you have a party of Sith.  He heals himself and does other wicked things.  I was worried about him when I was doing Tier 4 of the event cuz he started taking a lot of damage, but he bounced right back.  I believe he's going to give RG a run for his money.  Not saying stop farming RG, but don't be surprised if Sith Trooper start to look better.

I was thinking the same thing. I was worried, too, after Death Trooper. He just didn't seem to anything. But I think Trooper looks like he'll be a good first or second tank on a DS GW team, with RG taking the other spot. I often lose my RG, and a couple nodes after that, it's curtains for the rest of my squad. That won't be an issue in too long.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1696 on: February 16, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »

I meant to take this a couple seconds sooner, but this is me on tier 4 of the new event today.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1697 on: February 16, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »

I was thinking the same thing..... I think Trooper looks like he'll be a good first or second tank on a DS GW team, with RG taking the other spot.

Yeah, it does actually look viable.  And hey, Sith finally get a tank.  We'll just have to wait and see where his shards will be farmable from, and when.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1698 on: February 17, 2017, 12:48:45 AM »

Vader is a tank in all but name.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1699 on: February 17, 2017, 12:57:01 AM »

If they don't have taunt, they're not a tank.  I still don't understand why Mace Windu is labelled as a tank.... he has no taunt!  He's a support unit dammit!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1700 on: February 17, 2017, 12:58:42 AM »

Oh. I just assumed if you had lots of health and protection you were a tank. . . .

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1701 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:55 AM »

Oh. I just assumed if you had lots of health and protection you were a tank. . . .

Lol....  Noooo....  They need to actually have the label 'tank'.  Some toons are just tank like(Barriss, JKA, Vader, HK) because they have a ton of health.

I still don't understand why Mace Windu is labelled as a tank.... he has no taunt!  He's a support unit dammit!

Yeah, that's an odd one.  He's not even in my top 10 for HP pool.  Teebo, Jedi Knight Guardian, B2 and some others are also odd ducks.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1702 on: February 17, 2017, 02:35:19 AM »

Lol....  Noooo....  They need to actually have the label 'tank'.  Some toons are just tank like(Barriss, JKA, Vader, HK) because they have a ton of health.

Yeah, that's an odd one.  He's not even in my top 10 for HP pool.  Teebo, Jedi Knight Guardian, B2 and some others are also odd ducks.

So that's when you use "tanky".  Roll Eyes

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1703 on: February 17, 2017, 02:45:48 AM »

So that's when you use "tanky".  Roll Eyes

Exactly  Cool
Vader is tanky AF, and I do like a tanky dps.  In fact that's why I dislike the Wiggs combo at its core, even though I use them now..... I'm not actually a fan of glass cannons.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1704 on: February 17, 2017, 03:09:38 AM »

Exactly  Cool
Vader is tanky AF, and I do like a tanky dps.  In fact that's why I dislike the Wiggs combo at its core, even though I use them now..... I'm not actually a fan of glass cannons.

AF?

Who would you say is tanky with high DPS?

Glass cannons. . . cool. +1. I use Wiggs myself everyday. The general low health of Rebels is why I love using Wedge's lead so much. By strategically choosing who gets a kill can keep them going a long time in GW. Plus the 30% offense boost is great.

EDIT: how come almost everyone needs multiple Mk 8 BlasTech Weapon mods? Angry

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1705 on: February 17, 2017, 03:31:27 AM »

AF = As f**k

Good question, but I suppose it's relative.  Lumi is kinda tanky with decent dps, but as a jedi she's not good against a lot of toons.  Fives is pretty tanky, but his dps is only high if you include a lot of retaliating etc etc.  Vader is probably teh best example of a tanky dps with high output.  Ooh, actually, Kylo Ren with his recent changes and good health mods  Tongue

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1706 on: February 17, 2017, 03:41:50 AM »

AF = As f**k

Good question, but I suppose it's relative.  Lumi is kinda tanky with decent dps, but as a jedi she's not good against a lot of toons.  Fives is pretty tanky, but his dps is only high if you include a lot of retaliating etc etc.  Vader is probably teh best example of a tanky dps with high output.  Ooh, actually, Kylo Ren with his recent changes and good health mods  Tongue

Gotcha.

You know, I 7-starred Lumi, Gear 8, and I still don't use her much. She's good at everything, but not really good at anything. I use her heal in GW, but in Arena there's always a better toon to use.

I like Vader. His basic really lacks in damage, but the ability block sometimes makes up. His two specials are awesome of course.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1707 on: February 17, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »

I like that Vader's basic actually now does some damage.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1708 on: February 17, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »

Promoted Ahsoka and Luke, and geared up Boba...

RG gets the focus now.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1709 on: February 17, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »

Promoted Ahsoka and Luke, and geared up Boba...

RG gets the focus now.

I can't wait until I'm not focused on his shards.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: