Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62   Go Down
Author Topic: The Star Wars LEGO Thread  (Read 247975 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #615 on: July 05, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »

I'm not stressed about it, the stickers all worked, just a little extra care was needed in placing them, since they wouldn't exactly stay flat until stuck down.

In other news, I think we'll be solving a lot of the problems I have with finding room to display my LEGO stuff, so I went to start building my UCS Slave I...and I can't find the directions.   Undecided

They'll turn up, though.

Go to the Lego website. Instructions for pretty much all kits can be found on there

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #616 on: July 05, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »

In other news, I think we'll be solving a lot of the problems I have with finding room to display my LEGO stuff, so I went to start building my UCS Slave I...and I can't find the directions.   Undecided

They'll turn up, though.

How the hell do you lose a 300+ page instruction manual? It's not exactly a book of stamps.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #617 on: July 29, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #618 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »

So, I found the instructions.

Sun's out, guns out!

Overall, it's a very nicely detailed set, with some really neat features.  The hidden guns are nicely done, although easier accessed by those with longer fingernails.  The pilot's station pivots to position Boba Fett properly.  The main hatch/cargo loading door pivots upward to reveal Han in carbonite.  The wings move pretty well with nothing more than gravity, with the caveat that the support struts resist them coming into full flight alignment, but the posture of the ship on the stand makes their angle look quite nice.  There are, however, some things that aren't ideal or are just a little odd.

The canopy doesn't seem quite right in its positioning, and the forward/top portion of it has a substantial gap between it and the canopy sill.  Looking into the cockpit from the front, you can readily see whatever's behind the ship, as there are large gaps around the engine area.  And the sides of the hull are a bit precarious, held in place by one ball/socket and a pair of clips, so overall it has a feeling of fragility.  That said, it's pretty much a display model, and it looks VERY nice.  The other UCS sets I have (Red 5, TIE fighter, R2-D2, and the Tumbler Batmobile) have all had a sturdiness to them.  They have small, relatively fragile/easily knocked out of alignment parts, but overall they're solid.  But, in fairness, Slave I is a really, really oddly shaped ship, and the juncture between the hull and the base was guaranteed from the start to be a little awkward, structurally, but the solution they came up with works very well for making the ship LOOK right, which is paramount for a UCS.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me, and it's a good thing we're redoing a lot of our house's decor, so I can properly display this, and unbury my Tumbler from the shelf it's on, as well.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #619 on: July 29, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »

That looks wicked-awesome shade!

What a thing of beauty. Smiley

+1

But, ahhh...
although easier accessed by those with longer fingernails.

Do you not have one of these?

It's kind of what they're for...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #620 on: July 29, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »

That looks wicked-awesome shade!

What a thing of beauty. Smiley

+1

But, ahhh...
Do you not have one of these?

It's kind of what they're for...lol

Well, yes, the pry end of that can be handy in getting the panels out enough to grab hold of.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2016, 06:05:56 AM »

Yep, things are starting to come together on a major revamp of our house's furnishings.

The two white ones need some minor rebuilding, when I manage to find the time to have a rummage around my stuff, looking for R-series astromechs.  I'd really like to find an R5 or R6 in my stuff, since a careful watching of TFA showed quite a few of those in T-70 droid sockets, or at least some flat-topped R-series droid.  Once I find a suitable pair of astromechs to take over from BB-8's two clones, I have to modify the stock droid sockets on those two fighters to fit them.

Yeah, I know, I'm nuts.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #622 on: August 01, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »

Yep, things are starting to come together on a major revamp of our house's furnishings.

The two white ones need some minor rebuilding, when I manage to find the time to have a rummage around my stuff, looking for R-series astromechs.  I'd really like to find an R5 or R6 in my stuff, since a careful watching of TFA showed quite a few of those in T-70 droid sockets, or at least some flat-topped R-series droid.  Once I find a suitable pair of astromechs to take over from BB-8's two clones, I have to modify the stock droid sockets on those two fighters to fit them.

Yeah, I know, I'm nuts.

AWESOME shade!

+1

BUT!  The fury class interceptor DOES NOT  belong on the bottom shelf. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2016, 11:57:38 AM »

That looks like an awesome set up shade, very cool. I simply couldn't do that though, my Lego don't quite fit packed into my two cabinets, I'd need a house just to house my Lego that way haha.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #624 on: August 02, 2016, 04:18:34 AM »

Wow!...Wow. that's impressive. I remember as a boy building my own X wing out of whatever parts I had. I had parts to make an Xwing and the Enterprise. I'd entertain myself for hours with them. Nowadays, the boys put a few pieces together and they're bored.
Damn their emotionless mother!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #625 on: August 02, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »

I still need more room.  I've still got a Star Destroyer and a Tyderium to put up.  Pretty sure I know where the SSD will go, though.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #626 on: August 03, 2016, 02:36:58 AM »

VERY Awesome setup Shade . . . points  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

GreyNight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« Reply #627 on: August 03, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »

Wow! There are some very impressive Lego builds here! Smiley Hubby would be drooling over many of them.

Personally, I never seriously got into Lego, despite enjoying them casually growing up. (Unlike hubby who would own the lot of them if allowed!  Roll Eyes) But with TFA out and some very tempting vehicles available, well...this sorta happened earlier in the week...

And this is currently happening in the evenings while watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. What can I say? I'm a Middle Earth girl at heart.  Grin

Chilling between Light and Dark. GreyNight is Grey!

Emerald Flamberge
TRI-Cree AS Stunt Lost Grey

Dino27
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 27

The Darkside leads to sorrow; the Light to apathy.

« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »

We have a Lego Star Wars thread...        Grin   Grin   Grin   

"Chewie, we're home."

I might need to set up a photo sharing site... I have way too much Lego... I can't believe I just said that, there's no such thing. Tongue

-----------Sabers owned:-----------                    -------Sabers most wanted:-------
    -Aeon V4 AS stunt-                           |          -Manticore BR- -Dark Liberator AS-
    -Dark Shock Tri-CG Obsidian V4-        |          -Archon V2.1-   -Consular-
    -Dark Initiate LE V2 AS stunt-           |          -Arbiter GB-      -Prophecy V3-
    -Unknown raffle saber-                                         Okay...    All of them

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #629 on: August 08, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »

I have way too much Lego... I can't believe I just said that, there's no such thing. Tongue

Yes. There is no such thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: