Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Why do you like Star Wars so much?  (Read 48940 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »

BRILLIANT!!!

Awesome story LK!!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  GREAT mental pic while I have my first coffee.  Cheesy

-1 for that right there.

I didn't care for the prequels much either, but was kind of glad that the story was being told at least.  Yes, ROTS is my favourite one out them as well.  Anakin falling is pretty cool.  

Oh!  The Vader scene in R1?!  NERDGASM!!  I "SQUEEED" like a little girl. Tongue

Hey! Emerald Manticore!  That was my first saber too!  Another -1 for that. Smiley

-1 to Logos for teeth impressions on your inner cheek.  Good on ya. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2018, 03:51:28 PM »

BRILLIANT!!!
Awesome story LK!!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  GREAT mental pic while I have my first coffee.  :
-1 for that right there.
Glad I could entertain. And thanks  Grin

Oh!  The Vader scene in R1?!  NERDGASM!!  I "SQUEEED" like a little girl. Tongue
Every Darksider squeed and had a nerdgasm. I just took it to the next level by tearing up.
And that is great

Hey! Emerald Manticore!  That was my first saber too!  Another -1 for that. Smiley
Such a fantastic saber! What was your first color on it? I had it set to PO tho it's now a proper red.

-1 to Logos for teeth impressions on your inner cheek.  Good on ya. Wink
Still proud of you Logos! Have another -1 Gold star

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2018, 03:59:15 PM »

I ordered it in BR, but set the slider to around 80% when I got it.  Makes a nice dark red.

I also played around with flicker, so that looks about right now too.  Oh, and I got RGBW as well, so a nice, white FoC. Smiley

Swapped out for a Renegade SE small pommel, and a Dark Manitcore emitter.  Blackstar font. BOOM!  Dark Manticore. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »

LAK, my opinions echo yours, almost movie-for-movie.  Absolutely awesome anecdote!  Wonderful read and I could empathize with SO much  Smiley

BRILLIANT!!!

Awesome story LK!!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  GREAT mental pic while I have my first coffee.  Cheesy

-1 for that right there.

I didn't care for the prequels much either, but was kind of glad that the story was being told at least.  Yes, ROTS is my favourite one out them as well.  Anakin falling is pretty cool. 

Oh!  The Vader scene in R1?!  NERDGASM!!  I "SQUEEED" like a little girl. Tongue

Hey! Emerald Manticore!  That was my first saber too!  Another -1 for that. Smiley

-1 to Logos for teeth impressions on your inner cheek.  Good on ya. Wink
LOL I LOVE that meme  Cheesy  Thanks LR  Smiley

Every Darksider squeed and had a nerdgasm. I just took it to the next level by tearing up.
Not just Darksiders!  That was--bar none--my favorite part of Rogue 1 (and I liked that movie more than any other SW movie since the OT)  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »

Hey just sharing the love. Smiley  Pay it forward, and all that, and like I mentioned, this is a great way to enjoy my (second now) coffee this morning. 

I was up late, and slept WAY late. Tongue

+1 to you, Dutch. Smiley

FathomFlier
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2018, 05:38:02 PM »

Lady Agana Kath - I'm Lightside through and through, and I don't mind admitting that I nearly leapt out of my seat at *that* Vader scene.

That was the Vader I had been waiting basically my whole life to see. It was glorious.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »

Yes, it was.  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2018, 06:02:46 PM »

I saw part of ROTJ on TV I don’t even remember how long ago and shortly after I went on a weird no sci-fi stint (I don’t know what I was thinking! Sci-Fi is Life!). Then we went on a trip to a relative’s house when I was 8. I got SO bored; I started poking around the house and found one of the Corellian Trilogy books. Sucked me right in. It took me a long time to find another copy so I could finish it. I’m sure that if you asked my classmates what they remember about me from 7th to 12th grade they’d say something along the lines of a short brunette twig with a Star Wars book for face. I also “borrowed” my brother-in-law’s OT VHS box set until I got my own copy on DVD. I had it so long that he forgot it was his.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »

HA! Right on Lady Mineva. Smiley

Yeah, I gave up on sci-fi there for a bit as well.  Through my twenties, real life reigned.  Tongue

I haven't gotten into too many books...I keep being distracted by shiny things...lol

I am about half way through Darth Plagueis right now though.  I have been for months. Tongue

Thanks so much for sharing that.  It really is neat to picture all of you guys being young, geeky SW fans - like I was.  Cheesy

+1

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »

1985, i am 8 ... for a reason i do not remember, a little theater played "La Guerre des Etoiles", Star Wars : A new hope in French Wink . My teacher did not make class an afternoon and we went to watch it ...

... and it was like a dream ... and then, there were questions ... many many questions!!! What after? And Before? Who is this princess? Clone wars? Republic? an emperor? .......

I asked my parents and they bought the trilogy ... I do not know how many times i watched the three movies ... all what i love regarding to entertainment was in this three movies ...

But i needed more ... By the time, i had many books and comics, i played "Star Wars D6" table top RPG and our first campaign was our own version of Rogue One Tongue

An then, there was TPM ... and, sorry to say that, i was in a dream again ... I LOVED THAT ... Ok, many many bad technical problems and Jar Jar ... but we saw Planets ... we saw a Jedi Order ... we saw, at last, the universe we imagined ... and the fight Maul/Kenobi/Jin with the sanscrit music ...  

Honestly, i really really love Ep. 1 - 3 ...

And Lucasfilm was sold to Disney with the promise of more movies ... Happy i was!!!

But they communicate about the reboot of the EU ... and all what i read (The twins, the red hear woman with the violet saber ....) was sent to the void ...

Unfortunately, TFA came and i was more than disappointed as this "movie" was (put the bad word you want here)  ... but Rogue One was a blast to me ... the Vader scene ... WOW .... And i spend a good time with TLJ ... so i want to be optimistic ...

Since 1985, Star Wars is part of me Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2018, 09:20:13 PM »

Most excellent Seb. Cheesy

HA! "La Guerre des Etoiles"!  I had that soundtrack. Tongue

Very cool. You totally took me there.  

Yes, for all the dissing the prequels take, you gotta like that Maul fight scene, and you're right, Jedi Council was cool.  The Falcon scene with Finn and Rey in TFA was good.   "WOO!"   That whole Finn and Poe steal a TIE fighter part is good too.  "Wow! This thing really moves!"  HA!

Thanks for sharing man.

+1

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »

Most excellent Seb. Cheesy

HA! "La Guerre des Etoiles"!  I had that soundtrack. Tongue

Very cool. You totally took me there. 

Yes, for all the dissing the prequels take, you gotta like that Maul fight scene, and you're right, Jedi Council was cool.  The Falcon scene with Finn and Rey in TFA was good.   "WOO!"

Thanks for sharing man.

+1

Thanks Wink

And about "La Guerre des Etoiles" ... fun fact: I think that nobody believed in this movie here in 1977 and, as a consequence, the dubbed version of the movie was (and remain) catastrophic ... a shame ...  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

Yeah - anytime original cast member voices get dubbed is a travesty.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2018, 02:11:46 PM »

Yeah - anytime original cast member voices get dubbed is a travesty.

I agree ... but when it is seriously done it is acceptable ...

The top is actor like Christopher Lee of actress like Jodie Foster, Diane Kruger or Emma Thompson who can dub themselves in several languages Wink

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

I agree ... but when it is seriously done it is acceptable ...

The top is actor like Christopher Lee of actress like Jodie Foster, Diane Kruger or Emma Thompson who can dub themselves in several languages Wink

Don't forget Monica Bellucci  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: