Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945580 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2460 on: October 13, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »

Yeah. I need to watch that micro-series again. Tongue
I would think that such artifacts would influence everyone, not just Force sensitives. But Kylo doesn't carry the helmet with him everywhere. Vader had his armor on at all times. Speaking of....does anyone know the actual amount of time that Vader spent in between getting sliced up to getting fixed? I highly doubt that Sidious had custom fit cybernetics and Sith inspired life support equipment just lying around.

Of course it will affect anyone, but a Force user will be much more susceptible to it as well as more dangerous.  Most likely it was only a few hours between the duel and the beginning of the procedure, but the procedure may have taken days to complete with Anakin in constant pain. We do know from the recent comic after Vader's first mission in the Armor it got trashed and he repaired it making up grades and customizations.  Very cool scene of Vader in the Bacta Tank using the Force to manipulate the tools and repair his armor.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2461 on: October 13, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »

Of course it will affect anyone, but a Force user will be much more susceptible to it as well as more dangerous.  Most likely it was only a few hours between the duel and the beginning of the procedure, but the procedure may have taken days to complete with Anakin in constant pain.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the artistic intent of showing the ex lovers in their corresponding medical arenas, but the idea that each was taking place at he same time defies a fair amount of logic.

We do know from the recent comic after Vader's first mission in the Armor it got trashed and he repaired it making up grades and customizations.  Very cool scene of Vader in the Bacta Tank using the Force to manipulate the tools and repair his armor.
I like scenes like this. It expands on the mentality that the Force goes far beyond the general scope that most apply to it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2462 on: October 14, 2017, 01:27:19 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the artistic intent of showing the ex lovers in their corresponding medical arenas, but the idea that each was taking place at he same time defies a fair amount of logic.
I like scenes like this. It expands on the mentality that the Force goes far beyond the general scope that most apply to it.

The Scene in question, I highly recommend the whole series but this latest issue was excellent.  The first meeting of the Grand Inquisitor and Vader

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2463 on: October 16, 2017, 08:15:24 AM »

I was talking to someone about Jedi garb yesterday, and the subject of doing laundry came up.

So, how many sets of clothing would you say Jedi have, and how do you suppose laundry is done in the Star Wars universe?

I got to thinking that a Jedi could probably get away with having one robe since that's pretty much like a coat. Same for the tabard and obi. These would be replaced as needed. But what about inner tunics and pants? They must have more than one of those.

Then there's the subject of doing laundry. Imagine being on one of those really long missions and you're away from your Jedi transport. Jedi don't really carry much in the way of extra supplies that we see, so are they wearing the same tunic and pants all day and night? That'd get rather smelly.

Or maybe this is just one of those things we're not supposed to worry about, like the characters never having to use the bathroom. Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2464 on: October 16, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »

The Scene in question, I highly recommend the whole series but this latest issue was excellent.  The first meeting of the Grand Inquisitor and Vader
Maybe, but I fell out of love with comics long ago.

I was talking to someone about Jedi garb yesterday, and the subject of doing laundry came up.

So, how many sets of clothing would you say Jedi have, and how do you suppose laundry is done in the Star Wars universe?

I got to thinking that a Jedi could probably get away with having one robe since that's pretty much like a coat. Same for the tabard and obi. These would be replaced as needed. But what about inner tunics and pants? They must have more than one of those.

Then there's the subject of doing laundry. Imagine being on one of those really long missions and you're away from your Jedi transport. Jedi don't really carry much in the way of extra supplies that we see, so are they wearing the same tunic and pants all day and night? That'd get rather smelly.

Or maybe this is just one of those things we're not supposed to worry about, like the characters never having to use the bathroom. Tongue

I would say 2 pairs of boots, 3 robes, 1 belt, and a full set of tunic and pants and tabard/obi for each day of what they consider a week plus one in case of accidents. Maybe fewer if laundery is done more than once a week.

I would imagine that SW has something similar to the ST tech of a sonic-shower in the refresher. Basically you use ultrasonic waves to remove the filth while fully clothed, allowing one to simltaneously bathe and do laundery. Ever notice that the clones never had spare unitards in their gear? Plus I think the Jedi could probably use the Force in some way to cleanse themselves.

SW people use the bathroom, they call it a refresher. As far as my reading has gone, it's typically boring and doesn't add to the story, so it's not mentioned much.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2465 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »

Too cute

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2466 on: October 16, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »

Too cute

omg awwwwww

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2467 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:24 PM »

I recall something in a book in Clone Wars days where Obi Wan took a long journey. His inner monologue suggested something about cleanliness being important to Jedi uniform, but he didn't have a change of full clothes. He had his things washed while he was basically training in his room in his undies before showering as well.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2468 on: October 16, 2017, 11:58:11 PM »

I recall something in a book in Clone Wars days where Obi Wan took a long journey. His inner monologue suggested something about cleanliness being important to Jedi uniform, but he didn't have a change of full clothes. He had his things washed while he was basically training in his room in his undies before showering as well.

That's a picture that never entered my brain until you said that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #2469 on: October 17, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »

Has anybody else noticed that if took the space battles in Star Wars and made them into naval battles they would resemble naval battle of the second world war. (More emphasis on carrier based fighter combat/air superiority than ship to ship gun battles). But in star trek (at least as far as I've seen its all big ship gun battles?

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2470 on: October 17, 2017, 03:05:50 AM »

....and Boom.... Beskar is canon.

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2471 on: October 17, 2017, 06:25:16 AM »

Has anybody else noticed that if took the space battles in Star Wars and made them into naval battles they would resemble naval battle of the second world war. (More emphasis on carrier based fighter combat/air superiority than ship to ship gun battles). But in star trek (at least as far as I've seen its all big ship gun battles?

It wouldn't surprise me. Star Wars does have a few World War II elements as it is.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2472 on: October 17, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »

....and Boom.... Beskar is canon.
But is it still a Mandalorian trade secret?

Sig by For Tyeth

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #2473 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me. Star Wars does have a few World War II elements as it is.

I hadn't really looked at it that way, but I see some parallels.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #2474 on: October 17, 2017, 01:12:51 PM »

But is it still a Mandalorian trade secret?

Yep, still unique only to Mando armor.   

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: