Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 950071 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #840 on: January 05, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »

He just felt like looking like a bad ass....That's what I would do!

Golden Rule of the of outlaw society: "Do unto others, before others do unto you."

I hated that they tried to soften Han that way. NTM how the ^%$& do you miss when the target is literally 3 feet from the muzzle of your blaster? Honestly, can anyone tell me how Greedo lasted that long shooting that poorly?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #841 on: January 05, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »

Golden Rule of the of outlaw society: "Do unto others, before others do unto you."

I hated that they tried to soften Han that way. NTM how the ^%$& do you miss when the target is literally 3 feet from the muzzle of your blaster? Honestly, can anyone tell me how Greedo lasted that long shooting that poorly?

Greedo was a stormtrooper?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #842 on: January 05, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »

Greedo was a stormtrooper?

Word. But stormtroopers don't last long.

"A stormtrooper and a "red-shirt" get into a fire fight. The stormtrooper misses every shot, the "red-shirt" dies any way."

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #843 on: January 08, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »

Just gonna leave this here as well....

Saber Forum Role Playing Games

As some may have realised I've recently been promoted to GM Smiley I am working to help tidy up the RP forums, get Training and Probation (T and P, the forum where new players start their RPing to learn how we do it here and what is expected) moving again and recruit new players into our T and P and then into the main RPs. Our TOR era RP is currently at a standstill but our GCW era RP which I administer is running though it has been quiet over the holiday period.

I am looking for input from both seasoned, new and prospective players as to the direction we want to take in the RPs in 2015. If you are interested in RPing please feel free to head over to the below thread and leave your comments and opinions. I am also looking for expressions of interest in joining the T and P when I get it going again (please PM me).

2015 RP Direction- All Players (Old, New and Prospective) Please Read

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #844 on: January 09, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »

In addition to my early post regarding the RPs on Saber Forum, I am looking at starting a new training and probation RP game in the very near future so we can get new players into GCW RP. If you are interested in joining the GCW era RP and you have not played in either TOR Reboot or new GCW (before I took it over), then please check this new training RP out.

Venomstrike II OOC Discussion

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #845 on: January 17, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #846 on: January 17, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »

Just gonna leave this here as well....

Saber Forum Role Playing Games

As some may have realised I've recently been promoted to GM Smiley I am working to help tidy up the RP forums, get Training and Probation (T and P, the forum where new players start their RPing to learn how we do it here and what is expected) moving again and recruit new players into our T and P and then into the main RPs. Our TOR era RP is currently at a standstill but our GCW era RP which I administer is running though it has been quiet over the holiday period.

I am looking for input from both seasoned, new and prospective players as to the direction we want to take in the RPs in 2015. If you are interested in RPing please feel free to head over to the below thread and leave your comments and opinions. I am also looking for expressions of interest in joining the T and P when I get it going again (please PM me).

2015 RP Direction- All Players (Old, New and Prospective) Please Read

...a deserved promotion!

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #847 on: February 06, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »

...wait...no...it's gone

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #848 on: June 11, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »

I shall revive this old thread:

Hey everyone!

Just letting you all know that we are finally getting the TOR Era RPG up and running again! For those of you who are interested, check our the discussion so far here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24172.0

All new players to the Saberforum RPGs have to go through training and probation (T and P) first. We are currently looking for new players to join the TOR T and P game, which will be a training scenario on Tython where all players are Jedi Padawans- sorry, we don't have the numbers or time to run a Sith one at the moment, but we still encourage you to create a Sith character if you chose to after you have been graduated!

As the current mission in the GCW era T and P RPG is drawing to a close, we will soon be able to take new players into that as well. In this RPG we are a band of pirates aboard a small transport, the Venomstrike II.

For more information on the RPGs here head to this link: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23947.msg361071#msg361071. From here you should be able to find all the information you need to get started.

Any questions, or if you wish to join, please PM Krace and myself.

Thanks!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #849 on: June 15, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »

I think I finally remembered what I was going to say.

Recalling key lines of dialogue from Ep I while also reading Darth Plagueis, I started to realize the huge story telling error in the SW universe.

In the Council Chamber Ki Adi Mundi states, "The Sith have been extinct for a millenium." This is true and doesn't bug me.

But later on at Qui-Gon's funeral, between Mace and Yoda, Yoda says, "Always two there are. No more, no less. A master, and an apprentice."

At this time, Yoda is just over 860 years old. So he would be the oldest living Jedi in the galaxy at this time. Bane reformatted the Sith Order under the Rule of Two almost 150 years before Yoda was born, and opted to keep his little operation a secret.

SO HOW THE HELL CAN THE JEDI KNOW ABOUT THE RULE OF TWO WHEN THEY THINK THAT THE SITH ARE EXTINCT?

The fekkin Chewbacca Defence makes more sense.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #850 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »

I think there is so much lore out there that the authors literally forget pieces of it.  I can't tell you how many times I've found giant, gaping plot holes in the books, but it doesn't really bother me all that much.  In general, canon seems somewhat fluid as far flexibility goes, which is fine with me.  I know quite a few friends of mine who aren't as into SW as they would like to be because they feel like the sheer volume of history is just too staggering to wade though. 

I disagree.  I think that's the fun part!  But I do tend to shrug off a lot of inconsistencies.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #851 on: June 16, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »

I think there is so much lore out there that the authors literally forget pieces of it.  I can't tell you how many times I've found giant, gaping plot holes in the books, but it doesn't really bother me all that much.  In general, canon seems somewhat fluid as far flexibility goes, which is fine with me.  I know quite a few friends of mine who aren't as into SW as they would like to be because they feel like the sheer volume of history is just too staggering to wade though. 

I disagree.  I think that's the fun part!  But I do tend to shrug off a lot of inconsistencies.

<snickers> You said "gaping...holes."

I'm with you on the discovery part though. I won't spoil it if you haven't read Darth Plagueis, but I'm learning all kinds of things. And I know that there was plenty that already existed before the author wrote this, but I'll gladly accept new canon fodder if it's told well. I also know (at least I think I know) that the Bane trilogy came out post Prequels, so I'll grant a little leniancy if there was no precident of basis (like from comics) predating the making of the prequels. It's like, we'll hint at it because the hard canon hasn't been established yet. It just rubs me as bad story telling, and I hate that. And it's also just one more thing that makes the prequels suck. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #852 on: June 16, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »

I always just assumed we didn't know the whole story, rather than it being an inconsistency.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #853 on: June 16, 2015, 04:16:19 PM »

I always just assumed we didn't know the whole story, rather than it being an inconsistency.

That is one of the beautiful things about a ficticious history. One story can hint at it, and another can tell it. Like doubtless some creative genius has taken the line, "Your ship?!? Remember, you lost her to me fair and square." I'm 99.999% certain that Lando was an EpV original character, so therefore there would be no reference to him in the EU before hand. But it opens up endless possiblities as to the story of how it did go down.

Another thing I like about not having everything etched in stone is a good stry teller can work some epic magic if they're creative enough to find the proper holes. For instance (not to toot my own horn) the story I want to write about Darth Logos is going to make reference to Force techniques that (at least I) have never come up. Many will feel that it would be bad story telling to drop in new abilities in a TOR era story. But I have a solution to this. If the character didn't share his abilities to keep a hand up on his rivals, and never recorded them in a holocron, then they begin and "end" with him, but still remain open for future stories to be inspired, by having their characters "develop" these same techniques on their own.

However, I will admit that trying to keep track of new stroies in the past and the future (and whatever you consider the present)[even though technically it all happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."].

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #854 on: June 16, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »

That's pretty much what I meant, really.   As a fiction writer myself, I think it's kind of hilarious that fans will bang their fist on the table and be like, "BUT CANON SAYS!!!"

Canon . . . is still fiction.  It's all fiction.   Cheesy  It's so silly that people try to dictate the reality . . . of fiction. The fun part of fiction is that it's so flexible. 

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: