Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945965 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1470 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28:52 AM »

Maybe they're planning if a plasma weapon is accidentally thrown away and fires when compacted?

We must put an unprotected vent on this space station. And the trash compacter must be impenetrable from the inside. Only communication signals and submerged one eyed snake creatures can be allowed to get out.

The Death Star engineer has a bit to say to you on that...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw</a>

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1471 on: July 20, 2016, 01:02:05 AM »

So, I've seen the ronin versions of Vader and a trooper, but haven't ever seen a Boba Fett one:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1472 on: July 20, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »

Maybe they're planning if a plasma weapon is accidentally thrown away and fires when compacted?

We must put an unshielded vent on the outside of this space station, but the trash compacter must be impenetrable from the inside. Only communication signals and submerged one eyed snake creatures can be allowed to get out. Ventilation shafts in the hall near the holding cells should be large enough for a wookie to slide down safely.

The dianoga was a pet that someone's CO flushed. Roll Eyes

In other goofiness....

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1473 on: July 20, 2016, 04:23:43 PM »

Remember that the exhaust port was not unshielded.  It was ray shielded, so blasters and turbolasers would also have bounced off that too.  Lightsabers as well.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1474 on: July 20, 2016, 04:53:22 PM »

Remember that the exhaust port was not unshielded.  It was ray shielded, so blasters and turbolasers would also have bounced off that too.  Lightsabers as well.

Could have sworn that the tech of the Clone Wars redefined Ray shields as "focused on one spot".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1475 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »

Could have sworn that the tech of the Clone Wars redefined Ray shields as "focused on one spot".

As far as I can tell, in canon, ray shields are still used to deflect or disperse energy weapons.  The Thermal Exhaust Port was ray shielded but not particle shielded so it could let out the exhaust gasses.  However a proton torpedo could pass though.  I suppose you could walk though one as well if ray shielding is anything like the shields we see used by the Gungans, or Droidekas.  Unless it is more like the energy shields used in Theed that separate the duelist Obi-wan, Qui-gon, and Maul.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1476 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:47 PM »

Obi and Anakin were caught in a ray shield when trying to 'rescue' Palpatine.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1477 on: July 20, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »

Obi and Anakin were caught in a ray shield when trying to 'rescue' Palpatine.
As far as I can tell, in canon, ray shields are still used to deflect or disperse energy weapons.  The Thermal Exhaust Port was ray shielded but not particle shielded so it could let out the exhaust gasses.  However a proton torpedo could pass though.  I suppose you could walk though one as well if ray shielding is anything like the shields we see used by the Gungans, or Droidekas.  Unless it is more like the energy shields used in Theed that separate the duelist Obi-wan, Qui-gon, and Maul.

TBH, I think that there may have been some confusion by how the term was initially defined, even in ANH. The DS apparently didn't have shields, unless (as the rules of ENERGY shields go) they extended far enough off the surface that the fighters could penetrate to start inflicting blaster damage directly to the surface structures. However, in this could also be RAY shields, point protecting the port. Or RAY could simply imply both meanings: It is a point protection against energy weapons.

But, by ESB they were then referring to them as "energy fields", and in ROTJ "energy shields"

It always use to infuriate me in ROTS when Obi & Ani were captured by "ray shields". That is until I played LEGO Star Wars 3. In the battle field sequences "ray shield" gennies (A) were available for purchase, and they projected a shield over a single structure (B), and they could not be instantly turned off like the area gennies that shielded everything in their vicinity (C).

(A)                                                                   (B)                                                                   (C)

The area gennies could be walked through, just like the Gungan shields, and then attack whatever was inside. But the Ray shields had to be shut down in order to attack what they were protecting. This usually meant blasting the $#!% out of it until the operator decided to attack you, or just annihilating it altogether.

As far as the barriers used in Theed, those were effectively just gates, that aligned with an old Nubian proverb about "6 barriers to prevent the spread of chaos."

Sig by For Tyeth

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #1478 on: July 20, 2016, 11:59:43 PM »

Matter can pass through a ray shield but organic matter is killed which I've read is why clones can't use the same portable shields a the droideka. In the Clone Wars series S04, there's an episode called The Box, and a bunch of bounty hunters have to do a bunch of stuff and one of the things was to shut off a ray shield when the switch was on the other side. Only one species was able to take a serum that made them able to withstand the shield. Anyone else who touched a shield appeared to be electrocuted to death.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1479 on: July 21, 2016, 12:11:54 AM »

Maybe that particular system was just designed by a dude named Ray. Tongue

I mean, maybe other places had ones called David shields, or Christopher shields (see what I did there?)

Also, remember the part in TPM when Qui-Gon yells "Anakin! Drop!"?  If young Ani pauses a second, and asks "Huh?!", no Darth Vader.  Killed by Darth Maul.  Eh?!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #1480 on: July 21, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »

The Force is too strong with him for that Tongue

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1481 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:53 PM »

Also, remember the part in TPM when Qui-Gon yells "Anakin! Drop!"?  If young Ani pauses a second, and asks "Huh?!", no Darth Vader.  Killed by Darth Maul.  Eh?!

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1482 on: July 21, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »

Well it is definitely a "Random Star Wars Thought".

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1483 on: July 21, 2016, 06:42:44 PM »

Well it is definitely a "Random Star Wars Thought".

Tru' dat, playa.

Sig by For Tyeth

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1484 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »

If only Obi had said, "Qui-gon, back up!"  Cry

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: