Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 950164 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1620 on: September 26, 2016, 06:35:44 AM »

I still think Phasma may be a double agent or something.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1621 on: September 26, 2016, 08:22:46 AM »

I don't know the rules as far as the dark side goes on ghost spirits. Perhaps it's not so exclusive. Idk just a thought that bounced around

I think I heard this correctly on a video recently that the Sith can't become Force Ghosts as the Living (Cosmic) Force and the Force Priestesses (there were three or four female ghost guardians sort of like a council for the afterlife) that judged which Force sensitives were worthy of transcending to become part of the Living (C0smic) Force and a Ghost. The person would have to have lived a selfless life and given fully to better the galaxy etc. Even then if considered a possible candidate the person would have had to have received instruction on how to transcend when such time came upon them.

I know what you are going to say...what about Anakin? He was a Sith/Darkside but he became a Force Ghost right? Well the explanation goes Anakin reconciled with Luke and in saving his son became selfless so became eligible. And Darth Bane's "Ghost" that confronted Yoda, was a Force Apparition or Sith magic not a true Force Ghost .
So sorry to the Sith out there if this is correct, however I am not sure whether non sensitives can see true Force Ghosts, I will look into the matter further.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1622 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »

Sake of the argument He is Mace (I dont think so though) all we have seen is a Hologram..he could be 2 foot tall for all we know.   Although there was that picture of Serkis in a mocap suit on stilts...
That's what I'm guess. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." Considering how much they blatantly stole from other movies, it wouldn't be a stretch that Snoke is all smoke and mirrors.

Maz Kanata has 4 fingers as well. If Maz is a Jawa, perhaps Snoke is a former disgruntled Jawa
Snoke is Maz's old boyfriend. Grin

In ep2, Obi Wan convinces Anakin to leave Padme where she fell in the desert, because stopping Dooku could end the war right then. If Anakin had let Dooku go to help Padme, he might've been expelled from the Jedi order, according to Obi Wan.

Yoda lets Dooku escape to save Obi Wan and Anakin from being crushed.
See? The Jedi are hypocrites. NTM, if Anakin had been expelled, he wouldn't have been instrumental in Order 66. Oh silly Jedi. You just have to open your mouths. Tongue

Padme was in no real danger.  She landed on a dune that cushioned her fall (relatively), she was far away from the fighting and there was a trooper with her.  Obi-Wan and Anakin on the other hand were in quite a bit of danger.
Ever fell onto sand? It's not as forgiving as you would think. Kind of like water. It takes time to.....acquiesce to your presence. If you come in too fast, it's like hitting stone.

Honestly, my feeling about Han and Leia's marriage was that with the vast differences in outlooks and temperaments, their marriage wasn't going to be stable under the best of circumstances.  After what happened with Ben...well...for me, I felt like I understood what happened, even though it means there was no fairy tale ending as a lot of fans would have wanted.

And I also think that the way Han went out ultimately fulfilled his character development arc in a powerful way.  Yes, he did try to run like he did when he was younger at first.  But in the end, his love for his son and his desire to get him back at any cost won out.  And for someone who began A New Hope as a completely selfish individual to go out on that bridge knowing he was very likely to sacrifice his life--AND STILL SHOW THAT LOVE AND COURAGE AFTER THE BETRAYAL--to me, that is incredibly powerful.  Yes, it may have been in the proverbial last minute...but he completed his hero's journey.

But what can I say--I'm one of those "weird" people who really loved TFA.
We know. I thought Han and Leia would have been too bull headed to admit defeat.

Hey, if Princess Leia originally had the plans for the death star, won't a young Princess Leia be in Rogue One?
No. The plans were transmitted to her ship. They may, just to thrill the fans.

Little blue hologram and a voice over would work.  Doesn't even need to be Carrie Fisher at that point save for the face.
Please don't let it be Carrie. She sounds terrible. I think the only  way they could manage it would be a similar technique to how they resurrected Alec Guinness in TFA.

My 10 year old son asked me today while I was explaining why Yoda and obi-wan are ghosts. He said "what if the hologram of Snoke isn't a hologram and is a ghost instead?" Now initially he meant the emperor's ghost, but then I got to thinking that what if it is an ancient sith, Plagueis or another, who is a ghost spirit? It's something to kick around, no?
Points to your kid. That would actually be an excellent twist. Even I'd accept that. Tongue

Can the Jedi and Sith spirits appear to non force sensitives? I see no sign that Hux is a force user. I sensed a rivalry between them, like children competing for daddy's approval, but no sign that Hux was receiving training.
I don't think so. Because at the end of ROTJ Leia doesn't seem to notice the...........Trinity.

Another Valid point.  I don't think Non Force Sensitives can see them, and yea Hux, Ren and Phasma all kind of had a "I want to be favorite" mentality.  It's why I think Phasma shut down the shields without much fuss.  No one knows it was her and Hux is going to look mighty bad in Snoke's eyes now that he Lost their greatest weapon.
Technology for space flight, light speed, super-planet-killing-lasers and lightsabers, but no one's ever heard user IDs and passwords?

I found that a little strange that Phasma was so easily coerced for being a "true believer". Plus, she couldn't have opened an comm channel for everyone else to hear that the base had been infiltrated? Even the tool from Sector 7 was smart enough to do that. So how would she have been able to get out of the rumored trash.

I think I heard this correctly on a video recently that the Sith can't become Force Ghosts as the Living (Cosmic) Force and the Force Priestesses (there were three or four female ghost guardians sort of like a council for the afterlife) that judged which Force sensitives were worthy of transcending to become part of the Living (C0smic) Force and a Ghost. The person would have to have lived a selfless life and given fully to better the galaxy etc. Even then if considered a possible candidate the person would have had to have received instruction on how to transcend when such time came upon them.

I know what you are going to say...what about Anakin? He was a Sith/Darkside but he became a Force Ghost right? Well the explanation goes Anakin reconciled with Luke and in saving his son became selfless so became eligible. And Darth Bane's "Ghost" that confronted Yoda, was a Force Apparition or Sith magic not a true Force Ghost .
So sorry to the Sith out there if this is correct, however I am not sure whether non sensitives can see true Force Ghosts, I will look into the matter further.
Do you really think a Sith is going to listen to the rules of a trio of witches. Kinda like Kratos listening to the Sisters of Fate. Not gonna happen.

PS: Sorry for the book, but there were a lot of good points to hit on.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1623 on: September 26, 2016, 07:07:12 PM »

Ever fell onto sand? It's not as forgiving as you would think. Kind of like water. It takes time to.....acquiesce to your presence. If you come in too fast, it's like hitting stone.

I don't think so. Because at the end of ROTJ Leia doesn't seem to notice the...........Trinity.

No, sand is not terribly forgiving. You're right on that. But there was still at least one trooper there with her who is likely more than capable of handling it.

But Leia IS force sensitive. That's how she knew where to find Luke on Bespin after he had his hand cut off and was dangling from the bottom of the city at the end of ESB. Granted at that point she didn't have any training in using the Force and is not as strong with it as Luke... but there's evidence that she's at least sensitive.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1624 on: September 26, 2016, 07:57:51 PM »

Yes, undoubtedly Obi-Wan knew. But that doesn't mean that he revealed that information to the council. If a report came back about Anakin blatantly abandoning his mission for the sake of  saving Padme even though she wasn't in danger at the time... Then the council would hear about it.

Good point.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1625 on: September 27, 2016, 02:51:40 AM »

DL, I have hit sand from a high distance..and you're not wrong.  It kriffing hurt...but it didn't break any bones or put me out of commission for hours.   As for Phasma, any record of her lowering the Shields would have been erased with Starkillers destruction..and if it was stored on data-banks outside the weapon, I would figure she would know how to cover her tracks.  Yes, she got out of the Trash Compactor, I'm sure the info is forth coming on how.  They have said more than once Phasma's role is much like Vader's.   Small screen time in the beginning with very little info on who they are or what they can do with expansion further down the road.  I'm voting she's Rey's Mother Tongue   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1626 on: September 27, 2016, 04:20:56 AM »

DL, I have hit sand from a high distance..and you're not wrong.  It kriffing hurt...but it didn't break any bones or put me out of commission for hours.   As for Phasma, any record of her lowering the Shields would have been erased with Starkillers destruction..and if it was stored on data-banks outside the weapon, I would figure she would know how to cover her tracks.  Yes, she got out of the Trash Compactor, I'm sure the info is forth coming on how.  They have said more than once Phasma's role is much like Vader's.   Small screen time in the beginning with very little info on who they are or what they can do with expansion further down the road.  I'm voting she's Rey's Mother Tongue   

Wow! You think so? I hadn't heard that thought yet. That'd be pretty cool! Point!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1627 on: September 27, 2016, 09:34:06 AM »

Wow! You think so? I hadn't heard that thought yet. That'd be pretty cool! Point!

longshot I'm sure.  Just going off JJ's words about Rey's parents being in the film but she never met them,  She never saw Phasma.   Like I said, just a long shot theory

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1628 on: September 27, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »

longshot I'm sure.  Just going off JJ's words about Rey's parents being in the film but she never met them,  She never saw Phasma.   Like I said, just a long shot theory

No it's an interesting one, given they both have accents. Who's tge daddy though? Hux? Accent as well, perhaps he is force sensitive, explaining, to my thought, the reason why he can see the ghost spirit of Snoke

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #1629 on: September 27, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »

I think Rey's father was the old guy in the village the storm troopers raid in the beginning of the movie.

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1630 on: September 27, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »

I find it rather upsetting that there are good guys with British accents.I know its not universal throuout the SW movies, but im rather proud of the fact that we make such good villians Smiley
And rey certainly must have picked her accent up somewhere.
Im pretty sure that the corrusanti accent is a clipped rather upper class english accent.and certainly in some of the books this is refered to.
Hmm food for thought. This could be quite a clue.
I dont think hux has the age to be the father(of course anythings possible)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1631 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »

No, sand is not terribly forgiving. You're right on that. But there was still at least one trooper there with her who is likely more than capable of handling it.

But Leia IS force sensitive. That's how she knew where to find Luke on Bespin after he had his hand cut off and was dangling from the bottom of the city at the end of ESB. Granted at that point she didn't have any training in using the Force and is not as strong with it as Luke... but there's evidence that she's at least sensitive.

How do you know? He could have been killed in the blast. >¿>

But Leia hadn't been trained in the Force. Although, Luke hadn't been taught how to commune with Force spooks when Obi Wan showed up on Hoth, so why did Yoda have to "teach" OW how to communicate with QG?

Yeah, but someone on the control deck should have had a warning that the shields had been dropped, and that person should have been able to find out who and how. Haven't these people ever heard of hiring an IT Nazi? I've dealt with these types. They may be a pain in the rear, but nothing slips through the cyber-cracks. I mean c'mon, they have radar techs

Seems a bit of a stretch for a frontline ground pounder to be that well versed in cyber-espionage.

And the only reason I like the idea that Phasma is Rey's mom is that it explains why she left her with such an undesirable as Unkar Plut. After that, not so much.

I find it rather upsetting that there are good guys with British accents.I know its not universal throuout the SW movies, but im rather proud of the fact that we make such good villians Smiley
And rey certainly must have picked her accent up somewhere.
Im pretty sure that the corrusanti accent is a clipped rather upper class english accent.and certainly in some of the books this is refered to.
Hmm food for thought. This could be quite a clue.
I dont think hux has the age to be the father(of course anythings possible)

They killed that with Obi Wan.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1632 on: September 27, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »

Qui-Gon learned to become one with the force during his travels. He didn't quite have it down when he died. No body disappearing. He was able to speak to Yoda, and together, they figured out the rest, so Yoda and Obi Wan's becoming one with the force was more complete. As to how Anakin did it, we see in Clone Wars that Qui-Gon was able to take spirit form in front of Anakin in some places of very high force energy. We also hear QG's voice when Anakin wiped out the tusken raiders that killed his mother. Perhaps, since QG was the one who brought Anakin in for training, believing him to be the prophecy, QG kept in contact with him more than just the instances we've seen. Either way, his blue spirit is indicative of his restoration to good guy state. I see no examples of evil spirits, but illusions linked with holocrons and amulets etc. There's the Clone Wars pyramid with the old man keeping balance between his children pulled dark and light. But, I don't see examples of Sith becoming spirits. I like the idea, but I'm confident that was Snoke's hologram, and Hux is not a force user. The rivalry is the second in military command vs. the right hand force using apprentice. I think of Tarkin next to Vader. Vader released a force choke by Tarkin's command, and Vader allowed Tarkin to blow up Alderaan, though voiced disagreement mildly.

I don't mean any disagreement as disrespect of those that have every right to their own ideas.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1633 on: September 27, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »

Qui-Gon learned to become one with the force during his travels. He didn't quite have it down when he died. No body disappearing. He was able to speak to Yoda, and together, they figured out the rest, so Yoda and Obi Wan's becoming one with the force was more complete. As to how Anakin did it, we see in Clone Wars that Qui-Gon was able to take spirit form in front of Anakin in some places of very high force energy. We also hear QG's voice when Anakin wiped out the tusken raiders that killed his mother. Perhaps, since QG was the one who brought Anakin in for training, believing him to be the prophecy, QG kept in contact with him more than just the instances we've seen. Either way, his blue spirit is indicative of his restoration to good guy state. I see no examples of evil spirits, but illusions linked with holocrons and amulets etc. There's the Clone Wars pyramid with the old man keeping balance between his children pulled dark and light. But, I don't see examples of Sith becoming spirits. I like the idea, but I'm confident that was Snoke's hologram, and Hux is not a force user. The rivalry is the second in military command vs. the right hand force using apprentice. I think of Tarkin next to Vader. Vader released a force choke by Tarkin's command, and Vader allowed Tarkin to blow up Alderaan, though voiced disagreement mildly.

I think the lack of QG's vanishing act was due to the surprise of his death. Obi Wan let it happen. Yoda knew it was coming. Qui-Gon's face said it all.

There use to be a very notable incident involving the NJO and one Spirit of Exar Kun.

Sig by For Tyeth

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #1634 on: September 27, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »

How do you know? He could have been killed in the blast. >¿>

But Leia hadn't been trained in the Force. Although, Luke hadn't been taught how to commune with Force spooks when Obi Wan showed up on Hoth, so why did Yoda have to "teach" OW how to communicate with QG?

How do I know about the trooper? Well... I thought I did, but as it turns out I don't. Went back to reference the movie for a scene I thought I had saw and it wasn't there. It may have been in a blooper reel or something. lol  Either way, she does show up as Dooku is departing from the area so she can't have been in that much immediate danger or else she handled it.

And Leia is genetically a Skywalker whether she is Skywalker in name or not. They have a tendency to be extraordinarily strong in the Force. By all rights, I think she should have been able to see them at the end of RotJ. There's no indication that she doesn't see them but also no indication, as far as I can tell, that she does.
When she comes over and hugs Luke from behind, we don't hear what she says to him just before they turn away and go back to join the celebration.

. I like the idea, but I'm confident that was Snoke's hologram

I don't mean any disagreement as disrespect of those that have every right to their own ideas.

I agree. Although the idea of Snoke being a ghost is intriguing... Ghosts don't need chairs and there seems to be a big holographic projector shining light down from the ceiling.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: