Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 938752 times)
blasterjunkie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2340 on: April 23, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »

What happened to Ben Solo's original lightsaber?

Given what we know about lightsaber crystals, namely darkside are red due to being either corrupted or artificial one would assume either his crystal became unstable when it corrupted, which prompted him to build a new one with the power vents or it was discarded/lost/taken and he built the new one to accommodate the newly acquired unstable crystal.

Personally, I would have liked to see Han or Leia wearing it on their belt as a keepsake of their son.

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2341 on: April 23, 2017, 09:46:35 PM »

Given what we know about lightsaber crystals, namely darkside are red due to being either corrupted or artificial one would assume either his crystal became unstable when it corrupted, which prompted him to build a new one with the power vents or it was discarded/lost/taken and he built the new one to accommodate the newly acquired unstable crystal.

Personally, I would have liked to see Han or Leia wearing it on their belt as a keepsake of their son.
Why would they want to wear something he used to slaughter all his fellow force users in training?

blasterjunkie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2342 on: April 24, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »

Did he do that before getting the new one then?

If that's the case I could understand it, but I haven't seen anything which says one way or the other.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2343 on: April 24, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »

As of right now Synthetic Crystals are not canon, at least in terms of lightsaber blades.  The only way a Kyber Crystal turns red is through corruption.  From this I surmise Kylo's unbridled rage led to him cracking his crystal when he was bleeding it.   I actually theorize Kylo was using the Skywalker saber as a Jedi.  Based off two things.  1.) When Han sees it his emotion is not equivalent to seeing the weapon of an old friend, but something more personal.  2.) As soon as Finn ignites it Kylo instantly recognizes it.  Sure he could have somehow seen old Holo's of Anakin but with out that knowledge the only conclusion is he had seen it in person.   I think Luke found it sometime between RotJ and TFA and gave it to his nephew.  From there it gets a bit more hazy..but that's why its a theory.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2344 on: April 24, 2017, 12:14:04 PM »

One thing that's been bothering me a bit over the past little while is the C-3PO story hole.  I get it; no plot's perfect.  I love SW, clearly, and overlook a bunch, but this one just gets me:

Ok, so I have to wonder how Anakin, as a young, rough-and-tumble kid, could have the time, knowledge, and resources to build such a complex and advanced droid.  I mean, even if there were standard protocol droid blueprints and software/hardware available, were they free?  He was a slave.

Also, how did a kid with limited life experience, and who seemingly never left the planet before, know so much about protocol and perfect etiquette (and over 6M forms of communication - not to mention the accent Roll Eyes), as to nonchalantly program it into a droid?

I can't think about that one too much...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2345 on: April 24, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »

Awesome find. I'm intrigued by the main story. However, if my ears are correct, the Emperor's voice is none other than Sam Witwer who also did it for TFU. That theory not withstanding, it is probably Ian Abercrombie.

I thank you for this. Tongue Granted the Hudu-Voodoo-bull$#!% that Disney is desperately trying to cram down our throats, 10-1 says it blew up after he cracked his crystal trying to "corrupt" it. <hurl> Even though it worked perfectly well when he slaughtered his class mates, just as Anakin's did in the attack on the Jedi Temple. (See? It would have been infinitely simpler to explain if they had just stayed ROCKS.) After the subsequent destruction of his original saber, he constructed the new one that could accommodate a faulty crystal.

Which then only raises another question: Why would "ancient Jedi" need a saber that accommodated faulty crystals if they didn't have to "dominate" them in the first place?

#stupidbscrystalcanon

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2346 on: April 24, 2017, 06:40:45 PM »

If the vision seen by Rey is the Knights of Ren is from the slaughtering, than Kylo already has the cross-guard saber when he slaughters the Jedi.

Based on what I've seen of the prop, my guess is one of three things.  He found a crystal after leaving the New Jedi Order (he might not have even made a lightsaber before) and he either went right for this design, or messed up his crystal and was forced into this design.
Option two, he tried to bleed his Jedi crystal to be more in tune with his Sith grandfather and sort of messed up, causing it to be unstable.
Option three: based mostly on the prop, He originally has a stable lightsaber than was damaged in combat.  He later used parts to cobble it back together, with some exposed wires and the side-guards to vent to energy caused by the damaged crystal he decide to keep using because he thought it looked nicely dark sider-ish.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2347 on: April 25, 2017, 10:19:49 AM »

I think we all need to remember that all we have currently for many of our questions is speculation.  We have not even seen the middle of the story yet much less the connecting threads from Original Trilogy to Now..in terms of Luke and the Force.  Completely writing off the whole thing with not even 5 years into the new stories is, in my opinion, fallacy.  When the story is finished we may have ALLL the answers we want..or maybe not.  Maybe those who hate it will view the whole in a better light and maybe those of us who like it will not.  Time will tell.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2348 on: April 25, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »

I think we all need to remember that all we have currently for many of our questions is speculation.  We have not even seen the middle of the story yet much less the connecting threads from Original Trilogy to Now..in terms of Luke and the Force.  Completely writing off the whole thing with not even 5 years into the new stories is, in my opinion, fallacy.  When the story is finished we may have ALLL the answers we want..or maybe not.  Maybe those who hate it will view the whole in a better light and maybe those of us who like it will not.  Time will tell.
I just had a rather awesome thought about the current much-hated-by-Logos-franchise. What if TLJ manages to replicate the epic success of ESB? Shocked

Right now I wouldn't call them "threads", more like a ball of lint that supposedly has something to with the OT. Tongue

So you're saying if by the end of the new trilogy, it sucks, then we riot? Right?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2349 on: April 25, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

One thing that's been bothering me a bit over the past little while is the C-3PO story hole.  I get it; no plot's perfect.  I love SW, clearly, and overlook a bunch, but this one just gets me:

Ok, so I have to wonder how Anakin, as a young, rough-and-tumble kid, could have the time, knowledge, and resources to build such a complex and advanced droid.  I mean, even if there were standard protocol droid blueprints and software/hardware available, were they free?  He was a slave.

Also, how did a kid with limited life experience, and who seemingly never left the planet before, know so much about protocol and perfect etiquette (and over 6M forms of communication - not to mention the accent Roll Eyes), as to nonchalantly program it into a droid?

I can't think about that one too much...

Yes, Anakin was a slave. But his job as a slave was (I think) basically maintaining and cleaning the things that were in Watto's shop including the droids. The only conclusion that I can come up with is that he as allowed to collect spare parts and do whatever he wanted with them in his spare time.  After all, he did build a pod racer without Watto knowing about it...

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2350 on: April 25, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »

Yes, Anakin was a slave. But his job as a slave was (I think) basically maintaining and cleaning the things that were in Watto's shop including the droids. The only conclusion that I can come up with is that he as allowed to collect spare parts and do whatever he wanted with them in his spare time.  After all, he did build a pod racer without Watto knowing about it...
Good points...

...still has way more knowledge than Anakin would have been exposed to, and is far too advanced a droid, IMO...

A simpler, or less complex droid would have been more believable for me...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2351 on: April 25, 2017, 03:01:53 PM »

Exactly right. Due to the nature and location of Watto's business, the galaxy pretty much came to him. Anakin as much said "I listen to all the traders and star pilots that come in here." He was located in a port city, so it was traveled. Not as much as well as Mos Eisley, but stilll. Watto being a "junk" dealer (junk being a rather inaccurate description. Salvage merchant would be a more apt title), offered untold mechanical know-how to a young boy to discover. And as seen inside and outside the shop, Watto dealt in mainly droids and vehicle salvage. It was also said that Anakin possessed an innate understanding of mechanics. So all this together: working with mechanical salvage on a daily basis, seeing operational droids both foreign and domestic in design, and steadily accumulating parts that he most likely refurbished from the actual junk at Watto's, it's not that much of a stretch to imagine a boy of 9 building and programming an operational protocol droid. The database that 3PO has however may have simply been a preexisting hard drive with all the data needed to translate 6.4 million forms of communication. Same kind of thing with a personality module. Just hook it up and it starts working.

The bigger questions are: how he got the parts to build the most kick-ass pod on the grid? And how he managed to get those parts home? And where he stored everything so that no one pinched them? I don't see slave quarters being equipped with an attached garage. Tongue That pod, small as it was, was significantly larger than a droid.

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2352 on: April 25, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

C-3PO is still considered to be around a hundred or so years old in A New Hope.   He was rebuilt by Anakin Skywalker from junk.  Who knows were he was before that.   Though 3PO had some memories of jobs and masters from before Anakin.  At least before his post-war mind wipe into Alderaanian service.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2353 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:41 PM »

The bigger questions are: how he got the parts to build the most kick-ass pod on the grid? And how he managed to get those parts home? And where he stored everything so that no one pinched them? I don't see slave quarters being equipped with an attached garage. Tongue That pod, small as it was, was significantly larger than a droid.

You practically answered your own question. If you recall, that pod was considered to be just random scrap that nobody wanted until he assembled it into a kick-ass pod. And, even up until the point where he had some help to finish it, it was considered to be a piece of junk. Nobody stole it because nobody wanted it.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2354 on: April 26, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »

I actually theorize Kylo was using the Skywalker saber as a Jedi.  Based off two things.  1.) When Han sees it his emotion is not equivalent to seeing the weapon of an old friend, but something more personal.  2.) As soon as Finn ignites it Kylo instantly recognizes it.  Sure he could have somehow seen old Holo's of Anakin but with out that knowledge the only conclusion is he had seen it in person.   I think Luke found it sometime between RotJ and TFA and gave it to his nephew.  From there it gets a bit more hazy..but that's why its a theory.
"That light saber...it belongs to me!"

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: