Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 940643 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2385 on: July 21, 2017, 01:48:05 AM »

Why does everybody think that ALL lightside is "balanced"? Also remember what Yoda said: "A prophecy that misread may be." (Or something along those lines.) This leads me to conclude that he was the only Jedi with an inkling of the inevitable outcome. Plus if you read the Lost Tribe of the Sith, and later Omen, the Sith were merely "misplaced", "unaccounted", and "contained" for the most part. (I haven't read Omen yet, but plan to as the books are tied.) Plus, as long as there are artifacts that can teach an individual about the Sith, they shall endure.

Look at Ryloth. The Brightlands are scorched and lifeless. The Nightlands are frozen and lifeless. Only at the equator is there enough balance to sustain life.

You cannot know what is good without an understanding of evil. And you cannot survive the light without periodic rests in the darkness, and vice versa. One extreme will always destroy. Just as life that grows unchecked by death will eventually overpopulate to the point when all suffer.

Also heed the words of Darth Logos: "The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows."

There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as of yet, going off things Lucas said though it appears he envisioned the Balance to be likened onto nature.  Example would be a devastating forest fire (destruction) that created a fertile landscape that grew lush (creation).  But either side can take it too far.  let says a man breaks into your home and attempts to harm you..you wind up taking his life in a fight.   You both touched the light (protecting your loved ones) and the Dark (taking a life).  But then you decided to hunt down the mans entire family and slaughter them....well then that is imbalanced and a fall to the dark side.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2386 on: July 21, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »

There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as of yet, going off things Lucas said though it appears he envisioned the Balance to be likened onto nature.  Example would be a devastating forest fire (destruction) that created a fertile landscape that grew lush (creation).  But either side can take it too far.  let says a man breaks into your home and attempts to harm you..you wind up taking his life in a fight.   You both touched the light (protecting your loved ones) and the Dark (taking a life).  But then you decided to hunt down the mans entire family and slaughter them....well then that is imbalanced and a fall to the dark side.   
Not necessarily. Destruction of the entire family might be required in order to continue protecting your family from retribution. Survival is a complex business, and strength is not always a guarantee. However the one constant in survival is destruction. No living organism in existence survives without taking from another organism. But it is cyclical.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2387 on: July 21, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »

Not necessarily. Destruction of the entire family might be required in order to continue protecting your family from retribution. Survival is a complex business, and strength is not always a guarantee. However the one constant in survival is destruction. No living organism in existence survives without taking from another organism. But it is cyclical.

if the family IS a threat then it is not a fall, its quite justified.  The scenario in which I speak was if once you kill the attacker you take his wallet, find his address, go there at once and slaughter his family purely out of rage and vengeance for their loved one daring to enter your home....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2388 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:47 PM »

if the family IS a threat then it is not a fall, its quite justified.  The scenario in which I speak was if once you kill the attacker you take his wallet, find his address, go there at once and slaughter his family purely out of rage and vengeance for their loved one daring to enter your home....
Well........................it would certainly send the proper message to anybody else that thinks to cross you. Look at it like preventative maintenance. Tongue

"Don't mess wit me, 'salright?"
"'Salright."

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2389 on: August 02, 2017, 08:58:46 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpNHMwwID4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpNHMwwID4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpq-i7Zg0Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpq-i7Zg0Y</a>

I actually have an aunt that fell prey to the first one. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2390 on: August 03, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »

Too many lolz

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2391 on: August 03, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »

The Prequels were not great, but I don't see the amount of hate they get being justified.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2392 on: August 03, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »

I think most of the ire stems from the displeasure with Lucas' so called directing. Plus many were displeased with the fact that most of the shots were filmed in front of blue/green screen instead of on-location. They were pretty much an excuse for Lucasfilm to show off their prowess in digital effects instead of continuing the franchise.

All that aside, I still like them, warts and all. Yeah there were points I would redo, but c'est la vie. They did deliver pod-racing as well as the best saber duels to make to the big screen.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2393 on: August 03, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »

All that aside, I still like them, warts and all. Yeah there were points I would redo, but c'est la vie. They did deliver pod-racing as well as the best saber duels to make to the big screen.

That's pretty much how I feel.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2394 on: August 03, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »

That's pretty much how I feel.
See, I'm not a complete hater.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #2395 on: August 03, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »

When you get down to it, someone had to be dumb enough to give Palpatine everything he wanted. And suddenly Jar Jar becomes a lot more tolerable.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2396 on: August 03, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »

When you get down to it, someone had to be dumb enough to give Palpatine everything he wanted. And suddenly Jar Jar becomes a lot more tolerable.
Not really. Going off the OC, Palpatine merely inherited and became the culmination of the Grand Plan. That not withstanding, he was both smart and powerful in more ways than one. The Senate was already his puppet, the "bright idea" of an idiot however was a legitimate sale for the election of emergency powers, but the Senate made him Emperor. However, at this point the true purpose of the Grand Plan had been blurred and tainted by the petty grabs for power in the later generations of Sith. Darth Bane originally knew that power was only a means to an end and not the end itself. Sidious was wholly self interested in ruling forever, so he never adequately trained a successor. Big dummy. Now we're stuck with an emo boy band of Sith wannabes.  Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2397 on: August 03, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »

They did deliver pod-racing as well as the best saber duels to make to the big screen.

You keep talking about the pod-racing, but honestly, that was probably my least favorite part of the new trilogy (well, besides Jar Jar that is. Roll Eyes). But, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I accept that not everyone thinks like me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2398 on: August 03, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »

You keep talking about the pod-racing, but honestly, that was probably my least favorite part of the new trilogy (well, besides Jar Jar that is. Roll Eyes). But, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I accept that not everyone thinks like me.
The pods were like the coolest thing come out of Star Wars since the lightsaber.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2399 on: August 03, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »

I thought the podracing was a cool sequence. It was kinda pointless though, I mean I'm sure there were WAAAAY better ways of winning what Qui-Gon won. Sabaac or some space darts or poker or gin rummy. You know things that DIDN'T involve endangering a 9 year old boy.....

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: