Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 956150 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #825 on: July 02, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »

That's pretty cool, Zephon. Point for the find.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #826 on: July 05, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT16bUAGs0A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT16bUAGs0A</a>

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #827 on: July 15, 2014, 01:16:09 AM »

Why did Luke dress the way he did in Jabba's palace? The black tunic and pants are pretty straight forward but his tabbards and obi puzzle me. They look sort of improvised. Was he trying to convey the image of a Jedi to Jabba? Is there some practical use for his attire? Is there any "real" explanation for how he dressed (ie canon)?

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #828 on: July 17, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »

Since I now feel like I killed this thread with my question, here is a cool picture for no reason at all..................

tse_epic
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

Do the Impossible!

« Reply #829 on: July 17, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »

Real Answer; Lucas' idea of what a Jedi Should Wear was probably still "Less raggedy than Obi-Wan".

In Canon Answer: Luke is still technically a padawan at this point. He's completed his lightsaber construction (Generally the final step in Jedi Knighthood) but he's yet to face and conquer all of his trials. That being said, he's also trying to teach himself the Jedi Ways through cobbled together historical accounts - kinda like how we try and understand what the culture and religious beliefs of ancient civilizations were through little more than pottery and some stone slabs we *think* were altars of some kind - so he doesn't have a full and complete grasp of Jedi culture as he would later on in life (after finding Calista and a few other remaining Jedi from the Purges, plus more intact historical records).

Also I'm pretty sure he didn't have help in putting his obi and tabbards on, which I would assume a few Jedi in their hayday may have had Tongue

CURRENT WEIGHT LOSS GOAL - 280
CURRENT WEIGHT - 310
CURRENT TOTAL - 102LBS LOST

You are the impossibility of life. Your existence spits in the face of doubt and negativity. You are a walking miracle just by *living*. You are *priceless*. You *mean* something. You are loved.

Never believe otherwise.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #830 on: July 17, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »

Real Answer; Lucas' idea of what a Jedi Should Wear was probably still "Less raggedy than Obi-Wan".

In Canon Answer: Luke is still technically a padawan at this point. He's completed his lightsaber construction (Generally the final step in Jedi Knighthood) but he's yet to face and conquer all of his trials. That being said, he's also trying to teach himself the Jedi Ways through cobbled together historical accounts - kinda like how we try and understand what the culture and religious beliefs of ancient civilizations were through little more than pottery and some stone slabs we *think* were altars of some kind - so he doesn't have a full and complete grasp of Jedi culture as he would later on in life (after finding Calista and a few other remaining Jedi from the Purges, plus more intact historical records).

Also I'm pretty sure he didn't have help in putting his obi and tabbards on, which I would assume a few Jedi in their hayday may have had Tongue

they used the Force to help them get dressed Tongue

each and everytime I iron my Jedi costume I wonder how big the laundry workforce within the temple would have to be to cope Tongue and I get this funny image of a padawan grumbling as he irons his uniform straight. Maybe they just press the creases out with the Force as well lol

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #831 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »

Why did Luke dress the way he did in Jabba's palace? The black tunic and pants are pretty straight forward but his tabbards and obi puzzle me. They look sort of improvised. Was he trying to convey the image of a Jedi to Jabba? Is there some practical use for his attire? Is there any "real" explanation for how he dressed (ie canon)?

I don't know why he dressed the way he did, but he apparently missed the memo about not wearing dark colors in hot environments.  Those twin suns must have been murder.  You would think he would know better having grown up on Tatooine.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #832 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »

He just felt like looking like a bad ass....That's what I would do!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #833 on: August 06, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »

I don't know why he dressed the way he did, but he apparently missed the memo about not wearing dark colors in hot environments.  Those twin suns must have been murder.  You would think he would know better having grown up on Tatooine.
I actually wear dark colors in the sunlight all the time. Growing up in a hot place (The low desert of Southern Cali), I actually don't notice large amounts of heat for the most part. Could be the same thing for Luke.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #834 on: August 06, 2014, 05:49:56 PM »

Along those lines, and I don't read the Star Wars Insider magazine like I used to, but years ago before they developed the Clone Wars cartoons they discussed the possibility of a live action TV series.  Now CW has runs its course and the new Rebels series is coming out, but has anyone heard anything else about a live action series, or did this idea get scrapped when they began to develop the new movies?

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #835 on: August 06, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »

I believe that the live action TV series had about 50 hours of scripted material, but if I had to guess, they're likely going to poach the best bits for the movies.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #836 on: October 24, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #837 on: October 24, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »

I believe that the live action TV series had about 50 hours of scripted material, but if I had to guess, they're likely going to poach the best bits for the movies.
Along those lines, and I don't read the Star Wars Insider magazine like I used to, but years ago before they developed the Clone Wars cartoons they discussed the possibility of a live action TV series.  Now CW has runs its course and the new Rebels series is coming out, but has anyone heard anything else about a live action series, or did this idea get scrapped when they began to develop the new movies?

I had a friend who was following the development and production of the Live Action Series pretty closely.  As an Star Trek TV series fan, he was super excited to see what Star Wars what would look like in the same Live Action, Episodic format.  The last he knew the Live Action series would being put on hold due to the sale to Disney and due to the expenses involved in the CGI part of production.

He had told me Lucas was looking for ways to reduce the expenses of CGI so he could have theatrical quality CGI in every episode of a 26 episode season.  In essence get the cost of CGI from ~50 million+ for CGI production in a film down to ~5 million per film.  That is a HUGE reduction in cost and almost an impossible goal. 

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #838 on: January 04, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »

Thread resurrect! Cheesy

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #839 on: January 05, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »

Han Shot First!

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: